Hilton Head waitlist chances

skorpie

Love the magic
I just waitlisted a studio for May 9-12 at Hilton Head. Any chances it’ll come through since the season is just beginning? Thanks!

Hmmmm....tough call. If you said June - August I’d say NO chance. HHI is our home resort since 1997 and I don’t think we ever even tried for a waitlist for there because you either want to stay there or you don’t. It’s not like it’s WDW and you book at Saratoga but really want to stay at BCV so you waitlist which if it comes thru it opens up another Saratoga option — usually at the last minute (which is why they usually have availability). I think it all depends on what’s going on COVID related — mainly with schools. Southern schools usually finish earlier but that might be happening next year. Looking at availability right now — 2 bedrooms are available so people with a 1 bedroom aren’t waitlisting for a 2 bedroom.....if you really want to stay and have 99 points....I’d book the 2 bedroom and waitlist for the studio then use the points again in the year if you can. It’s probably not NO chance....but right now I’d say it’s not very likely. BUT — there are TONs on of other non-Disney options — check out rentals at Villamare for ocean front or budget St. Andrews or other Palmetto Dunes locations. Would be paying cash but still in the area.

We've waitlisted at HHI twice, but it was in the Fall. However, once, our waitlist came through at 3 weeks out, and once our waitlist came through day of. We were at the resort already and needed 4 extra days, but the resort was sold out (long story). Anyways, the front desk said not too give up, people cancel even at the last minute, and sure enough-we got a room for each night.

We've waitlisted at HHI twice, but it was in the Fall. However, once, our waitlist came through at 3 weeks out, and once our waitlist came through day of. We were at the resort already and needed 4 extra days, but the resort was sold out (long story). Anyways, the front desk said not too give up, people cancel even at the last minute, and sure enough-we got a room for each night.
This gives me hope! I have two single day waitlists. These are travel days to and from NC from WDW. I check a few times every day.

We had a waitlist for HH this week that ended unsuccessfully 😢 it was for one night studio for this coming Thursday. (On our way to WDW stopover)

we also had a one night waitlist for bwv standard studio for next Saturday that also ended unsuccessfully last night. I knew it was a long shot, but had 1 garden view night followed by 6 standard view. Just didn’t want to move.

so out of 2 waitlists this year so far I’m standing at zero success. 🙄

good luck to others!

I just waitlisted a studio for May 9-12 at Hilton Head. Any chances it’ll come through since the season is just beginning? Thanks!
I seem to have better luck stalking than waitlisting.
Sometimes I will put in waitlist and stalk if I really want the room.
With DHHIR, one night or two may pop up if you keep stalking for a studio. (I check daily)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter