Hilton Head Resort Resources & Information

Heading to Hilton head in a few weeks. We will be flying into Savannah. Does anyone recommend a taxi/bus/shuttle service that works around the area?

Thanks

Heading to Hilton head in a few weeks. We will be flying into Savannah. Does anyone recommend a taxi/bus/shuttle service that works around the area?

Thanks
I know there are shuttles though I'm not aware of specific companies but IMO HH is one of those ares, like VB, where having a car is a major plus and not severely restricts the vacation there.

I know there are shuttles though I'm not aware of specific companies but IMO HH is one of those ares, like VB, where having a car is a major plus and not severely restricts the vacation there.

Having a car would be nice but unfortnalty for this trip I don't think it's an option. Thanks

Hi, everyone! I am not a DVC owner so I don't normally venture into this forum. We want to take our daughter on a short, reasonably priced beach vacation for her birthday and are thinking of going to Disney's Hilton Head Island resort in early September.

I have poked around Disney's resort site and read reviews on Trip Advisor and Touring Plans. This resort sounds like a wonderful place for us to end the summer and spend time together. It seems like my daughter - who will be turning five - would love all the family and kids activities as well as the beach and pools, and the villas look nice and reasonably priced.

A couple of questions:

First, does anyone know of sites or blogs I should read to get more information about this resort? Is there a sub-forum here dedicated to the HHI Resort?

Second, we have never been to South Carolina or its beaches. Is early September a good time to visit? We are looking at the weekend after Labor Day (my daughter's birthday is at the end of August.)

Third, for anyone who has visited with younger kids, are there any activities you would particularly recommend, based on your own awesome experience?

Thanks!
I highly recommend this resort. We went often when living in Charleston, and there were So many activities. Many of them at no or minimal cost.We stayed busy all day! If they still have Goofy BINGO check it out...my kids are now grown, but still talk about it!

We are going for a weekend visit in September, the 8th-12th. I am assuming since it will still be pretty hot, there shouldn't be a whole lot closed up for the season yet? Right? And I am paying $255 a night for a studio, gotta get into the DVC, I want this to be our last cash reservation.

I wouldn't go without one for HH or VB.
I agree very strongly with this. On HH, there are a handful of restaurants you can walk to. However, I'd recommend a car. On the flip side of this, I do know someone who used Uber and was able to make that work. So that may be an option.

Did I read something recently about Uber not being allowed into Sea Pines, or had that been resolved? Even if that's still the case, you're left with a vast variety of restaurants. Except for one visit to Salty Dog, we never enterred Sea Pines to eat.

Returned recently from our stay at Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort. It was amazing!!! Beautiful grounds and some of the best service I have ever received. Super friendly cast members.

We flew in and didn't have a car. The resort shuttles takes you to the beach house. Also!! There was this service called the dune buggy that provided transportation around the shelter cove and palmetto dunes area so we didn't have to a problem getting around at all. Shelter cove marina is walking distance and has a few nice restaurants and some shopping.

It's a great area and I loved staying at the Disney resort. Going back would be a blessing!

I think the person who originally asked about transportation is going soon, so the dune buggy is an option. But for off-season visitors, be aware that the dune buggy doesn't function year round.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!