• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hilton Head Island Grocery Stores?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
We leave in a few days, and it just occurred to me that with the demise of Pigly Wiggly, where do we shop for groceries? There was talk of building a new grocery store at the Shelter Cove Mall, but I don't know if that one's open yet. Is it? And if not, what other grocery store is convenient for shopping?

I think there is a fresh market out there now. I haven't been there yet but I hear that is a great place to shop.

I wish I was going to Hilton Head in a few days. :(

Please have a great time! :dance3:

We like the Fresh Market here...but it is pricey.

There is a Publix on the right in Walmart shopping center a few miles before Disney Resort. There's also a Harris Teeter on the left. Not sure if new Kroger in Shelter Cove is open yet-doubt it? Another Publix off traffic circle past Dis Resort. We prefer Publix! Fresh Market is AWESOME, too, but pricier and less selection. Always avoid Saturday night or Sunday morning shopping in HHI due to rental turnover-makes shopping a nightmare!!! But off season not as bad.

Kroger hasn't opened yet. There is a Publix as you are coming onto the island that is convenient. There's also another one over by Coligny. There's a Harris Teeter near Marley's too.

Thanks all! Fresh Market down the street seems the most convenient, but I don't know how their prices are. But then again, Piggly Wiggly wasn't known for it's cheap prices, but it was convenient.

And isn't there are separate bakery in the same strip mall as Fresh market?

Thanks all! Fresh Market down the street seems the most convenient, but I don't know how their prices are.

If you've shopped at Whole Foods anywhere, their prices are similar. Fresh Market is an organic, more "gourmet" grocery for lack of a better term. We shop there at home so we loved having one close to the DHHIR. We also stop at Publix while on HHI. Over on one of my DHHIR groups on FB, they said the new Kroger should be open next week.

I'm not sure about a bakery in the strip mall but Fresh Market has their own bakery.

Fresh Market is a nice store, but a little pricey. There is a bakery in the FM Store. It is the closest to the DVC resort until Kroger opens - supposedly in early December.

If you continue a couple of miles down to the Sea Pines Circle, there is a Publix to the right on Palmetto Bay Road (in the same area as the Staples Store). If you continue through the circle, there is a new Harris Teeter behind Marley's and if you go around the circle and head down Pope Avenue, there is a Piggly Wiggly in the Coligny shopping area.

There is activity going on in the old Piggly Wiggly Store. It is rumored that Whole Foods will be going in there, but I have not seen any confirmation of that as yet.

We just left HH today, tons of grocery store options! We just went to the Publix because it was close.

BI-Lo bought all the Pigs in the area, so, it may indeed be something like a Whole Food.

The best thing to get at the Fresh Market is meat. They have comparable prices to Publix for meat.

We have a Whole Food here in Savannah if you really need one. :D

Thanks all! We arrived today, and after eating at Kenny B's, we went over to Harris Teeter. There was a BiLo right next door to Kenny B's, but DH liked the name Harris Teeter. I thought it was kind of expensive, but it is Hilton Head.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter