Hilton head experts...

lynetteSC

Have you ever been BACK-DOORED?
Odd question for HHI experts....

Dh & I are currently booked at home resort at WDW for next spring. We were planning to do a Vow Renewal there at that time. Today, he asked about possibly moving to HHI b/c it is closer to home for our guests. I called and they said they do not have a wedding dept, however the cast member I spoke with said he had seen small weddings done around the grounds on their own.

Has anyone gotten married there? Do you know if a spot that would be ok for a small ceremony? I have been before, but it has been several years.

The CM did say he knows people have used the beach in front of the Beach House, but that would worry me if weather was an issue.
Hope this is an ok question to ask here! Thanks!

Odd question for HHI experts....

Dh & I are currently booked at home resort at WDW for next spring. We were planning to do a Vow Renewal there at that time. Today, he asked about possibly moving to HHI b/c it is closer to home for our guests. I called and they said they do not have a wedding dept, however the cast member I spoke with said he had seen small weddings done around the grounds on their own.

Has anyone gotten married there? Do you know if a spot that would be ok for a small ceremony? I have been before, but it has been several years.

The CM did say he knows people have used the beach in front of the Beach House, but that would worry me if weather was an issue.
Hope this is an ok question to ask here! Thanks!

I've thought a few times about doing a vow renewal at HHI, wondering where we'd do one IF...(we've spent anniversaries there). For us, we'd probably do one out on the fishing pier in back of the resort, but then we're pretty casual people. For our wedding, we both wore jeans and plain tops. No reception or anything.

Thanks for the reply - yes- the fishing pier would be nice! I love the area there!!! We could def do informal:)

Never thought about the Vow renewal, but, while a little less private, the little grove in front of the Lodge, or, the point out at the very end of the island (the Kayak landing) might also be nice.

I looked for chapels and companies for a vow renewal and didn't find much for HH.

Last 4th of July we noticed a small area with chairs near Broad Creek. I wonder if it was a one time set up.

Yes there are benches and a view of the lake. We watched a movie their last night and I remembered thinking how it looked a ceremony set up . There were about four to five benches on each side and a walk way in the middle.

I've thought about this, too. I was thinking vow renewals and weddings were not allowed on the Disney property, but I'm not sure where I got that idea. I've thought that a great location would be under one of the 400-500 year-old oak trees on the marina side. It's not on the marsh, but I think the trees with the Spanish moss hanging down are so romantic.

If you can't find a place at the resort, you could always drive to Savannah, there are some great scenic squares all over town and its only about an hour drive from the resort.

The area where a few people are referring to (benches etc) is Shadows Point - they rebuilt the area last year.

We spend New Year's 2013 at HHI and that is where they had the watch party for the Ball Drop - ABC coverage, of course! HAHA

You could easily do a vow renewal there - you would have the marsh, the lodge, and the building that is along the boardwalk in the background. Not an oceanview - not a water view (possibly due to high/low tides - you could have a water view...) but mostly a marsh grass view.

There is the nice courtyard area outside the lodge that could accommodate 10-20 people.

There are many small courtyard areas around the resort that would work well.

The beach isn't too conducive to getting married beachfront - with the tides the way they area, you would have to carefully to plan anything that is waterfront to make sure it is planned to coexist with high or low tide!

There are several public beaches around the island that would be far more attractive in terms of an 'on the beach' wedding.

However, with the different restaurants located around Shelter Cove - you could really have a nice reception afterward!

Have you thought about a vow renewal on one of the boats that sails out of Shelter Cove? That could be fun! Charter the ship, and have a great time on broad creek or even out on calibogue sound!

You could even do a nice harbor side ceremony on the boardwalk that surrounds the marina!

If you are willing to forgive certain aspects of each options in terms of aesthetics - there are a ton of venues to consider!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter