Hilton Head at Christmas

Pattiwig

Mouseketeer
Hi. Has anyone been to Hilton Head at Christmas? I know it is way-off-season, but we are thinking of it for next year. We are at Vero this year, and don't want to be anywhere near the parks, so thought it sounded like an idea....is it a good one? We have been there over Easter twice, so we are familiar with the resort. Thanks, Patti

We were just there Dec 27-30 for the first time. Loved it! Weather was cool and a bit windy (50's) but we were coming from the 20's so tho't it was great! Lots of activities at the resort; a few brave souls swimming. Took the shuttle to the Beach House but only one family there. Restaurants were all crowded; couldn't even find a place to park at Sea Shack so went to One Hot Mama's instead on the 27th. The 28th we had breakfast at Stack's and dinner at Jazz Corner (excellent). The 29th we did the 2-hour guided kayak tour at the resort after breakfast at Harold's Diner (fun but food not as good as Stack's) and then dinner at Tratoria Divina (behind Alligator Grill) which was also very good. Any specific questions, I'll try to answer. Temps hit high 60's by the 30th!

Thank you so much for the feedback. I am pretty sure we are going to book it. Was the resort itself full? Thanks. Patti

How was the guided kayak tour? Was it too cold to be enjoyable? We are from Canada so no idea what it is liked kayaking in December.

I was wondering about this also. For the last 18 years, my parents have come to visit, 3000 mile plane flight. This year, they told us that they might be slowing down too much for the long flight. We love HHI and it's a thought at Christmas if they can't come down. I'm amazed about the Sea Shack, though! We love Stacks-so tell me whatja have there?

The Kayaking actually was cancelled the day we originally booked it due to too much wind so we rescheduled for the next day and it was a cool, but beautiful, sunny day (without wind) so very enjoyable.

I think the resort was pretty full; we had to waitlist for two of our days in a studio but there are few studios and we didn't book until October so were extremely fortunate to be able to get a studio for the three days we wanted.

I had the Creme Brulee French Toast at Stack's!!! Yumm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!