Highway in the Sky Dine Around

scanne

<font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears
Hi. Is this a recent dining event? I was looking for reviews and can't seem to find anything about it. I booked this for me and DH for August as it seems like a really fun evening.
Has anyone heard of this or done it? Thank you.

We did it a year ago, we enjoyed it but won't do it again. The price was o.k. for us but it was still a one and done.

I had booked it when it first came out and then they made changes that I did not like. Moving the location from Trader Sams to the Poly Lobby. Changing the scallops to a while fish.

I canceled it and decided to do our own version. It was so fun, we do our own version every year.

7:00 PM Polly. Apps and drinks at Trader Sams and then a Lapu Lapu at the Lounge upstairs.
8:00 Drink and app at Mizners at the GF
9:00 reservation at California Grill. Get a drink at the lounge, watch the fireworks and then split the woodfire pizza.

it's so much fun and much cheaper.

We’ve been doing our own version for years.

We get apps and/or drinks at each location, maybe a dessert in there somewhere

Cali Grill at opening
Tambu Lounge or the Tikk Terrace at the Polynesian
Boat over to WL’s Territory Lounge possibly
Champagne Cocktail and fireworks on the porch at Narcoosees depending on timing
Back to Cali Grill to watch fireworks with a glass of something if we have time

Not sure if I ever wrote a full review, but here is what I wrote in May of 2017

Highway in the Sky - we had a very nice time doing this on May 16. When we checked in the monorail was down and they were arranging for boats, but then, huzzah, the monorail magically came back to life. Talked to some very nice people (though it was a bit surreal to talk for hours with other adults and have the conversation revolve almost entirely around Disney) and enjoyed the event, overall. The entree was quite the let down (especially the fish) and the dessert was nothing to overly praise, and the view of HEA from way back is a bit disappointing. And at times I felt a bit ridiculous that an entire monorail train was being held up for us to load. BUT we were happy we did it, if for just to have a nice date night while at WDW. If you're going to drop some major coin on a dinner at a CA Grill or similar, I'd recommend this, just for the novelty and social aspects. One warning - I wanted to go hungry, and went hungry, and then was nearly slurring my words by stop #3 (but I'm not much of a drinker, so...).

I had booked it when it first came out and then they made changes that I did not like. Moving the location from Trader Sams to the Poly Lobby. Changing the scallops to a while fish.

I canceled it and decided to do our own version. It was so fun, we do our own version every year.

7:00 PM Polly. Apps and drinks at Trader Sams and then a Lapu Lapu at the Lounge upstairs.
8:00 Drink and app at Mizners at the GF
9:00 reservation at California Grill. Get a drink at the lounge, watch the fireworks and then split the woodfire pizza.

it's so much fun and much cheaper.

We’ve been doing our own version for years.

We get apps and/or drinks at each location, maybe a dessert in there somewhere

Cali Grill at opening
Tambu Lounge or the Tikk Terrace at the Polynesian
Boat over to WL’s Territory Lounge possibly
Champagne Cocktail and fireworks on the porch at Narcoosees depending on timing
Back to Cali Grill to watch fireworks with a glass of something if we have time

I love these do-it-youself plans!

My husband and I did this for the first time last October and we both really enjoyed it! I am doing it again in November but this time with my daughter and niece on our girls trip!

Did it twice, loved it. First time I did my own tour on a Saturday and then the HITSDA Monday night. Doing it on my own was honestly exhausting and I gave up once I hit the GF because I wasted over an hour at the bar at the Poly trying to get any sort of drink/food. Somewhere are a few threads where I've gone into details what I really liked, but not waiting (for trying & failing) to get a bartender's attention or a seat was really nice.

1) Nice to say, "We went.".
2) Hard to justify the food quality and price.
3) To us, another P.T. BARNUM dining event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter