Highs and Lows~

krismom345

Mouseketeer
Just back from a week at my happy place.

Highs :)
~ crowds were big, but managed to avoid them with good touring plan
~ AOA LK family suite was roomy and high floor was quiet.
~ opted out of mousekeeping and used the $ on souvenirs / towels were in hallway cart and emptied our own trash
~ Pandora ride was incredible and lived up to the hype

Lows:(
~ those people who put their kid on shoulders as the fireworks begin. We were there an hour early and pretty much missed all the lower castle projections.

~ the cost of the character meal buffets. We only did one (Tusker House) and my kids are <9 so the cost was $60 x 5. To be honest, the parks were packed, but the sit down restaurants were about half full (Sci Fi, Skipper Canteen, etc) I think the cost is just not worth it anymore.

~ the cast members were just...spent. They looked tired and could be heard complaining to each other about how much longer their shift was. I get it, but it was still sad.

All in all, a successful trip- great time together as a family and already having Disney detox. :/

~ the cost of the character meal buffets. We only did one (Tusker House) and my kids are <9 so the cost was $60 x 5. To be honest, the parks were packed, but the sit down restaurants were about half full (Sci Fi, Skipper Canteen, etc) I think the cost is just not worth it anymore.

My daughter begged us on our last trip to eat breakfast at Crystal Palace to meet the characters. IMHO, $150 for a breakfast bar that is comparable to Shoney's or Golden Corral is way out of line. I don't think its worth the cost.

It could also be that people are looking to save money, and sit down dining is the first casualty?

~ the cast members were just...spent. They looked tired and could be heard complaining to each other about how much longer their shift was. I get it, but it was still sad.

We've ran into quite a few tired and grumpy cast members on our last two trips. Apparently, Disney's "pack the park" strategy not only affects us, but also the cast members.

On our last trip (Feb 2018), we also found the parks to be packed. A good touring plan let us see and do everything we wanted. But, what we found was that its hard to get from point A to point B. There are a lot of choke points in the parks and trying to get around in an area packed with people got frustrating.

And, i'm very glad you had a great trip!!

DH and I are taking his sister for what will probably be her only trip and we are opting to split off the meals. She wants to go to Storybook so he will take her while I eat elsewhere. We plan to use that strategy a lot this trip (no grandkids). They;re going to do the Fantasmic meal while I eat at a QS. We usually never sit in the reserved section anyway, preferring to sit front, near right side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!