Highs and Lows: Just back today

DopeyforDonald

Mouseketeer
I just landed back today from my 10 days in Florida and I have to say I'm feeling the blues already! It is so much harder to say goodbye when staying on site, which I wasn't expecting.

Luckily we only have to wait 6 months and we'll back again. I feel very blessed that even living in the UK we manage to go 'home' so often.

I might get around to doing a trip report but for now I thought I'd just cover the basics and give a quick overview of our trip.

I have to throw this out there now, by far the best bit of our trip was that on our first night my boyfriend proposed to me! The trip was to celebrate us being together for 4 years and on our first night he took me to the wishing well next to Cinderella Castle, got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! It was a perfect start to our trip and I think every cast member we passed after that said congratulations, it was very special!

Resort:
we stayed in Art of Animation in a little mermaid room and we absolutely loved it! so much so that were hoping to stay there again in May.
I'd heard reviews it was a bit of trek to the little mermaid rooms but we didn't find it too bad at all. Our room was lovely and we found it very spacious with enough storage for both of us, we were also pixie dusted with towel animals a couple of days!
We only ate at the food court once but the food was excellent, as was the service.
The staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly, we couldn't have asked for more!

Magic Bands and FP+
After reading mixed reviews I was a bit apprehensive but I have to say we loved both of these! We only had one issue with Test Track linking the wrong photo to our account but im sure after a quick email that will be resolved. FP+ meant we got more done than usual and magic bands just made things so much easier for us.

Transport:
Bus service was excellent, don't think we ever waited more than 10 minutes for a bus to turn up and all the drivers were friendly. Journeys were quick, no complaints at all! We visited Umiversal a few days and got taxis there and back. We didn't wait more than 2 minutes for a taxi and prices were much less than we estimated.

I'll be back tomorrow to overview our dining reservations and the special events we went too, but for now I need some well deserved sleep!

xxx

I'm so glad you had a magical trip. We're about to stay in a Little Mermaid room at AoA and I'm happy to read your reports about the rooms and buses. Sleep well!

I'm so glad you had such a magical trip! Congratulations on your engagement!

Congratulations on your engagement...that's so neat that he proposed at WDW!

Congrats on the engagement!

Sounds like you had a great trip (as did we) - we ended up waiting for buses a bit longer at the Swan, but the CM there was very nice I and I saw him giving out yellow pixie dust FP+s to some guests who had to wait a ridiculous amount of time.

I agree with FP+, and think that when folks start getting used to it, they'll like it. It is different, yes, but I like it better than regular FP+. Of course circumstances vary, but for us it was great, and now we know the ins & outs it'll be better next time!

Boo Bear said:
I'm so glad you had a magical trip. We're about to stay in a Little Mermaid room at AoA and I'm happy to read your reports about the rooms and buses. Sleep well!

OasterP said:
I'm so glad you had such a magical trip! Congratulations on your engagement!

cmpeter said:
Congratulations on your engagement...that's so neat that he proposed at WDW!

snayak said:
Congrats on the engagement!

Sounds like you had a great trip (as did we) - we ended up waiting for buses a bit longer at the Swan, but the CM there was very nice I and I saw him giving out yellow pixie dust FP+s to some guests who had to wait a ridiculous amount of time.

I agree with FP+, and think that when folks start getting used to it, they'll like it. It is different, yes, but I like it better than regular FP+. Of course circumstances vary, but for us it was great, and now we know the ins & outs it'll be better next time!

Thank you all for your congratulations, it was such a wonderful surprise!

I can understand why for some it could be a hard walk to the little mermaid rooms for those who have walking difficulties etc but for us it was no problem at all.

FP+ is a tricky one, for those who loved the old way I can understand why it's hard to get used to, and for some it might seem like the worst thing ever to have to know what park you want to be in 60 days in advance but we plan that way anyway so it works very well for us :)

Congrats on your engagement.
I always wonder what people from other countries think of their home country Pavillion in Epcot (Everyones Pocket Comes Out Thinner.)

Looking forward to your dining reviews.

So relieved when I hear good FP+ experiences, thanks for the review!

Luv0fDisney said:
Congrats on your engagement.
I always wonder what people from other countries think of their home country Pavillion in Epcot (Everyones Pocket Comes Out Thinner.)

Looking forward to your dining reviews.

I have to say I love the UK pavilion, it's so authentically British, and so beautiful. We get fish and chips there on every visit. One of my best memories this time is sitting on the sidewalk eating fish and chips and drinking a tequila and limoncello slush from a booth.

However I have to be honest, the pavilion looks nothing like where I come from I England, im sure it looks like somewhere in England, but not here haha

ashnjam said:
So relieved when I hear good FP+ experiences, thanks for the review!

I was worried going into it after hearing all the bad reviews and experiences but everything went swimmingly for us, all our FP+ worked, and the most we waited in a FP queue was about 5 minutes. Stand by queues also didn't seem affected by the introduction of FP+, not that we noticed anyway.

I'd also heard stories of huge queues and kiosks and we didn't have to queue once.

I was even able to get a SDMT fastpass on the same day we wanted to use it! booked it at 8 am to use at 4pm the same day.

I say to anyone worrying over bad reviews, don't freak out until you try it because everyone's experience is different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter