High School Class of 2016/College Class 2020

Wow to the engagement @luvsJack ! How exciting for her- sounds like she's got some fun things ahead.
Made it to Orlando to see DD- I came in October but rest of family hasn't seen her since August. Love the timeshare we exchanged into-Marriott Cypress Harbour. We did Thanksgiving dinner tonight since she's had the last 3 days off. She's back to work rest of week 3-1130. But she's staying with us in the villa so we will get to see her lots. Been nice having the annual passes to Disney this fall- means way more relaxed touring style so we do what we want and leave when tired or becomes too crowded. Has been a great visit so far, dreading drive home though.
Hope everyone has a great week with family!

Congratulations to your daughter, luvsJack, she sounds like she is in a good place finishing up her degree and getting her career off the ground! I guess we are getting to that age, aren't we? One of DD's HS classmates already has a child, and DD ran into another one last month who was pregnant and all excited about her upcoming baby! I know DD looks forward to that some day as well, but she wants to finish school first - and also find the right person to share a life with, lol. So no rush! She has started dating someone new and she likes him a lot, they are both at the same place in their lives and relatively local to eachother, which is good to see. She's dated a variety of people and learned a lot about herself and what she's looking for (and doesn't want!) in the process. Her last boyfriend was verbally abusive, but in a slick sort of way, and it took a while for her to figure it out. Looking back now she's kind of horrified she didn't recognize it right away, but it wasn't something she'd ever experienced before and he was outwardly a charmer. When that happens, it's so nice to connect with someone who's "normal" later on.

Any other dating stories here?

Wishing you all a joyful and peaceful Thanksgiving with your loved ones, and so happy for those who are getting to see their kids home from school! :goodvibes Enjoy!

Dd's biggest dating story would be with future sil.

Thank goodness she never met anyone that was in any way abusive. She dated a bit in high school but no really long term boyfriends. She was adamant in how she expected to be treated and too many weren't willing to adhere to that. She got hurt really bad by her first boyfriend and after that just seemed really careful. she did learn over time what she did and didn't want.

She met her bf through her brother and wrestling. She went with DS to a show to start training. He was interested in her from day one but she wouldn't really give him the time of day. Her brother kind of warned her off the wrestlers. Most of them don't take relationships very seriously. But he really is different. After a couple of months she relented and went out with him. It took them 3 weeks to tell her brother. I couldn't help but laugh because I knew before he did! I kept asking what it was they thought he was going to do? They finally told him and his answer? "I know" lol

They have been pretty much inseparable since.

I've been feeding hungry children all day. I've had girls here from 4 different colleges and apparently all dining hall food sucks. They're all starving!

Thought I'd update. DD is in the last couple days before finals and freaking out. She had a fight with one of her best friends (I have not been informed of the details) and that sent her over the edge into a full blown panic attack. I started figuring out her possible final grades if she flunks her finals and other than one class, she can pull Cs even with failing finals grades. In any event, she made up with her friend (which I told her would happen) and is now feeling better and actually studying. Hoping for good outcomes on the finals. She's coming home next Monday. I cannot wait.

Thought I'd update. DD is in the last couple days before finals and freaking out. She had a fight with one of her best friends (I have not been informed of the details) and that sent her over the edge into a full blown panic attack. I started figuring out her possible final grades if she flunks her finals and other than one class, she can pull Cs even with failing finals grades. In any event, she made up with her friend (which I told her would happen) and is now feeling better and actually studying. Hoping for good outcomes on the finals. She's coming home next Monday. I cannot wait.

Aww, I'm glad to hear that she figured out things with her friend so that she can concentrate on her finals. It is such a stressful time for them right now.

DD just found out she got a C in one class and had no idea until today (last class). She got an A on the final and A's and B's on all 10 projects. But I guess this instructor keeps a running tally of things that are missing from assignments (deducting 2 points for each occurrence) but doesn't include it in the grade for the project and didn't tell the students when or what he was deducting for. So DD thought she was doing fine in the class but now her final grade is a C (with no opportunity to fix it).

That is one part of college that I really hated. No consistent way of grading and very little feedback. She honestly didn't know he was deducting points every time he saw something he didn't like in her projects :( And there is nothing she can do about it now that the class is over. She was supposed to take this teacher again next semester for another similar class but she is going to speak with her department adviser and hopefully change to something else (it was an elective). She said he wasn't a very good teacher anyway and is hoping there is another class to fill the elective requirement for next semester. She was very interested in the topic (Photoshop techniques) but doesn't want to have to take another class from this teacher if she can avoid it.

I agree, it can get so stressful. DD and DS have both had issues with some of their professors, also. I guess it's par for the course that some will be great and some will be, eh, so-so. It does seem unfair, though, not to know until the very end about the two point deductions. DD would've been quite upset, too. Art, an elective, turned out to be one of her busiest classes this semester. A LOT of work. Thankfully she wound up with a decent grade. The professor made her change her idea on her final project, though, and it was sort of wacky what he made her do instead of her own idea. I always thought art was an experession of one's own ideas. She's glad it's over. DS is walking around in such a great mood, it's nice to see, he's often under so much stress. DH and I were going out to eat last night - at first DS wanted to stay home and chill, but last minute he decided he not only wanted to go with us, but he wanted us to have his grandfather join us, too, then DD and her boyfriend, as well, so we all had a nice little impromptu meal together together, kind of last minute. So nice to have everyone relaxed again! :lovestruc

Whew...no more driving to campus for DD (until Mid January) and just one last paper to turn in today online. I know she is happy to have this semester behind her.
Luckily there was no problem changing around her electives so she will not have to take that other instructor again next semester. And since it was only a 2-credit elective, that C won't weigh as heavy in her GPA. Now to just get the rest of her grades to see how she came out (her scholarship depends on her maintaining a specific GPA so that is always in the back of her mind).

Now to just get DS done and we can start enjoying our winter break (his winter break doesn't start until the 22nd this year).

DD came home with a raging sinus infection. She still has one paper to write but she's sleeping. She needs to sleep.

DD came home with a raging sinus infection. She still has one paper to write but she's sleeping. She needs to sleep.

Oh no, didn't she suffer with those last year also? Poor kid, hope the rest helps, then she can finish up and really relax for a while!

Oh no, didn't she suffer with those last year also? Poor kid, hope the rest helps, then she can finish up and really relax for a while!
Yes. She was supposed to get sinus surgery last summer, but of course with the warm weather and Mama taking care of her, she decided she was fine and didnt need it. So here we are...14 days of doxycycline which makes her extremely nauseous and if it doesnt help, a trip to the ENT for another course of prednisone.

My DD came home yesterday and was glad to be home it has been a long hard sememster of Nursing School. Her grades were one B+ and the rest A's we are very pleased. On the assessment test they have to take every year she scored Advanced so she was very happy about that. I am glad all our Dis Kids are doing good !!

My DD came home yesterday and was glad to be home it has been a long hard sememster of Nursing School. Her grades were one B+ and the rest A's we are very pleased. On the assessment test they have to take every year she scored Advanced so she was very happy about that. I am glad all our Dis Kids are doing good !!
Good for her! My DD is a Nursing major, too. Will your DD be starting clinicals next semester? DD ordered her scrubs last week (and nametag, shoes, etc.) and was so excited!

Good for her! My DD is a Nursing major, too. Will your DD be starting clinicals next semester? DD ordered her scrubs last week (and nametag, shoes, etc.) and was so excited!

Yes she is starting clinicals next semester. She had to order 2 sets of scrubs and her name tag through the school. We picked up her shoes at Work N Gear Black Friday so she could try them on. I am excited for them !!

Happy with grades this semester. She needs to keep a 3.0 in order to keep her scholarships, and she has with a bit to spare. Looking forward to having her home this weekend, it’s been a tough month for our family so some time together will be special.

Still have just over a week to go to see my college DD :sad:. She is working 48+ hours/week right now-called to ask if she should get a day off tomorrow (a PT wants some extra shifts) so she can go to the parks before blackout for MK starts Saturday,-think most of the parks are blacked for her over NY weekend.
But she is all set for next semester-apartment lined up, classes set-just deciding on which parking pass to get.

Bet the kids are ready for sleep, sleep, food and mom doing the laundry LOL!

DD is home from school! First time at our new house since we moved in September.

Grades are in- Dean's List again. This was a semester she was unsure about, since she had 2 "weed out" classes for her engineering major. She ended up with 3 A+s, an A-, and a B. Toughest class for her was Organic Chemistry, but she ended up doing fine.

Any body else got the flu going around?

Yds has it and now his ydd. Every dr seems to have a different answer about tamiflu. One says it is just about a miracle drug, another says they don't like to give it and another says "oh this otc med is just as good". They also can't seem to agree on how long they are contagious. Ugh. Think I will just give everyone surgical masks to wear at Christmas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter