"Hi, I'm here to eat." July 2017 Dining Report

Vernie822

DIS Veteran
Hey y'all! My name is Ashley and I haven't been on the Disboards in FOREVER. I have no excuse other than being pretty busy with wrapping up some requirements for my actuarial credentials, and just generally being pretty busy and forgetful over the last few months. I am also computer illiterate and had to load all of my pics from my phone, since Photobucket is no longer really a thing, so I had to figure all of that out and just put it off for a long time lol.

Over the summer, we moved into our first home, took a trip to Charleston, took a trip to WDW for the 4th of July, took 4 (!!!!!) trips to Pittsburgh (2 weddings, a baby shoewr, and an unexpected funeral), and one trip to Jacksonville for a wedding over Labor Day weekend. I know, all the way to Jacksonville and not even a stop at Disney? OVER OUR ANNIVERSARY? During Food and Wine, and a holiday weekend? It was total blasphemy and I'm disgusted with myself for not making the extra trek. Truth be told we were burnt out from a really busy summer and we just didn't want to make the trip any more strenuous than it already was, so we settled on a night in Savannah. I wish we would've had more time, we ended up cutting it short and coming back home. I ended up working most of our weekend since it was during a quarter close at work. I was not too happy about that one.

Anyways, I am finally back with our July trip report!

I have posted a few food reviews in the past. If you've read any of those, welcome back! If not, welcome! My name is Ashley and my trusty travel partner that puts up with my excessive Disney planning is my husband Justin. We are both in our late 20's and we live in South Carolina, just south of Charlotte, NC (both of us drive into Charlotte for work every day). I work as a life insurance actuary by day, and Justin also works in insurance, but for a property/casualty company. He and his brother actually both work for the same insurance company (different branches).

We absolutely LOVEEEEEEE Disney (ok, maybe I love it a little more than he does) and I won't lie when I say part of the reason we moved from Pennsylvania to the south last year is because it would make us THAT MUCH CLOSER!

I am super behind in writing this, so some of this may be short and sweet. I just really like reading everyone else's dining experiences, so I like to share mine, too!

Our trip was from June 29 through July 4th. We spent 2 nights at All Star Sports and 3 nights at the Boardwalk Villas on our DVC points. It was really a fun trip, definitely more laid back than we are used to, but I really love the Boardwalk resort area.

We used the dining plan for the second half of our stay - I'm honestly not sure what prompted us to use it, every now and then we get this idea that we want to give it another try and by the end of our stay we have 97 snack credits leftover.

Ok, now on to THE FOOD!!!! Our trip will highlight a few new ones for us, including:

Frontera Cocina
Geyser Point
Chefs de France
Trattoria Al Forno (Bon Voyage Breakfast)
Satuli Canteen

and many old favorites such as:
Ohana
Homecoming (duh!)
Yachtsman
Blaze Pizza

And plenty more. I am just getting started on this DR but I'm actually leaving for a girls trip with my mom on Tuesday (in 4 DAYS) so this is getting me really excited!

Last edited:
Day 1: FRONTERA COCINA

Our first night would be at All Star Sports. We were hoping to leave our house around 9 since it's about an 8 hour drive. Justin's parents had been staying with us for the week, so we said goodbye to them, dropped the dog off at the Pets Hotel, and hit the road. They had been with us since the previous Thursday - they drove down from Cleveland, spent a night at our place, we met Justin's brother and his fiance in Charleston for 3 nights, I came back and went to work, and Justin and his parents headed north to Myrtle Beach for a few nights before coming back to our place. We are within about 3 hours of Myrtle and Charleston so it makes for some nice long weekend trips. Justin's parents don't get a lot of vacation time so they were really happy to get some beach time in during the week!

We didn't have any concrete plans for the evening and weren't sure if we'd feel like doing much. We decided to head to Disney Springs and about 2 hours out from Orlando, I checked the app to see what was available. We were between three choices at Disney Springs: Frontera Cocina, House of Blues, and The Boathouse. My pick was the Boathouse and his was House of Blues. Since we had just eaten barbecue a few days before, we skipped HOB (although their menu looked pretty good). We've been to the Boathouse's bar a few times but skipped that one too, although after another drink at the bar this time, we want to go back for some food. We both agreed on Frontera Cocina. We have never eaten at any of our three picks, but any of them would've been a good choice!

We stopped at the room to shower and change to get out the door for our ADR. We also cracked open a gas station pounder to kick off our vacation. We find that we spend quite a bit on alcohol at WDW and since we were wanting to get some pool time in, we picked up a variety of beers at the gas station on our way out of SC. We also brought a few airplane bottles of liquor with us that were leftover from a cash bar wedding we went to a few weeks ago.. don't judge, you know you'd do it too. We're all class, just a little low at times. ;) Justin helped himself to a little bottle of moonshine. We enjoyed our in-room cocktails before hitting the road for our ADR.

We headed to catch a bus and in true Disney rookie fashion, got on the wrong bus and ended up at Animal Kingdom.. what the.. who let us out in public? We ended up catching an Uber at AK since we were afraid we'd miss our reservation. We hauled you-know-what once our driver dropped us off at the WRONG side of Disney Springs :sad2: and we made it just in time for our ADR, my tipsy husband just a few feet behind me.

IMG_3194.jpg

Right off the bat, the hostess and servers were super friendly. The whole restaurant is really big and open, with lots of windows and bright colors. We were seated right next to the kitchen, so we saw allllll of the amazing food go by.

IMG_3195.jpg

Justin decided not to get anything else to drink, so I think he had a Diet Coke. I ordered a water and a Watermelon Margarita.

IMG_3198.jpg

Watermelon Pink Flamingo Margarita - Ambhar blanco tequila, watermelon juice, fresh lime, Torres orange liqueur $16

The only time I think I've ever paid more for an alcohol beverage (other than somewhere like Trader Sam's where they're huge) is in Hawaii. So $16 was far more than I would ever spend but for some reason I really wanted to try the watermelon as opposed to a traditional lime margarita.

Unfortunately this kind of fell flat. It was really heavy on everything but the alcohol. I couldn't taste it at all and the watermelon wasn't very prominent, either. It was really watery and I was kinda disappointed. However, I am perfectly happy with a frozen margarita from Mexico (I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE NEW STAND OPENS!!!!!) so I'm easy to please.

We opted against Chips and Salsa for our appetizer since we both know we can easily eat a basket of chips apiece and then not eat our dinner. We chose the Queso Fundido instead. I really wanted to try the bacon guac, but we definitely didn't need 2 apps and Justin doesn't love guacamole.

IMG_3199.jpg

IMG_3201.jpg

Queso Fundido - queso Chihuahua melted with roasted poblanos, and caramelized onions- warm corn tortillas (contains dairy); add Gunthrop Farms chorizo $2; $12

As you can see, this was deliciously CHEESY. It had some poblano peppers and onions mixed in and came with 4 corn tortillas on the side. You were just supposed to fill them up like little cheesy tacos.. or quesadillas, I guess!?

This was definitely a win in our book, although I never met anything cheesy I didn't like. Justin even ate the leftover cheese off the spoon. :rolleyes1

For entrees, I thought the veggie tortas and the veggie enchiladas sounded delicious as well as the Carnitas. I ended up going for the Carnitas. I could've sworn I had a better picture of these.

IMG_3212.jpg

Carnitas - Slow cooked pork shoulder with garlic and lime, black beans refritos with queso fresco, guacamole, pickled red onions, salsa verde, served with warm corn tortillas (contains dairy) $22

The tortillas:

IMG_3206.jpg

This. was. AMAZING! Oh my gosh, I loved it. The meat was sooo juicy and flavorful, with some char on the outside. I am obsessed with the way Mexican restaurants cook their black beans with the queso fresco on top. I can never manage to make them as good as they do. I also have a recent obsession with pickled onions and guac. Each of these items went together to make it a perfect combination. I really didn't even need the corn tortillas. I think I made one little taco with them but left the rest behind.

Justin decided to order the Enchiladas.

IMG_3203.jpg

IMG_3202.jpg

Red Chile Chicken Enchiladas -
Just made corn tortillas, chipotle chicken filling, guajillo chili sauce, queso Chihuahua, crispy onions, creamy black beans (contains pork, dairy, gluten) $22

He loved these! They had a ton of chicken inside. I don't really care for enchiladas so I thought these were okay. I think he ended up using my extra tortillas to pick up the rest of his sauce and cheese.

If I recall correctly we had a 10% AP or DVC discount, which was nice! We both really enjoyed this meal. We have a lot of local Mexican restaurants in our area, and we've found a favorite Taco & Tequila place that we have been frequenting monthly :rolleyes1 Overall, this was definitely a pleasant surprise. It hadn't been on my radar before we ate there, but we were glad we did!

We decided to skip dessert and check out the food court offerings at All Star Sports.

I took one look at the hot dessert case and noticed that they had.....

SMORES BREAD PUDDING.... SMORES. BREAD. PUDDING. My two favorite things blended into one!!!!!

IMG_3207.jpg

IMG_3208.jpg

This was seriously so dang good and so worth the $3.99 pricetag. It was hot and gooey, kind of brownie and cake-like, with toasted marshmallows on top. I am not really sure where the graham cracker aspect came in, but it was like molten lava in the center so it's possible there were graham cracker crumbs and I missed them. Justin had a Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich, which he loves. No picture of that one, oops.

Bellies full and satisfied, we went to bed completely happy with our first evening at WDW, even if it started off on the wrong bus. Next, we finally check out Avatar!

Last edited:
Following! The food in your first review looks great. I love all things smores and can't go wrong with Mexican food.

DAY 2: Animal Kingdom / Disney Springs

We got to AK pretty early the next morning. Breakfast was a quick pastry in the food court, Justin had a regular croissant and I had a chocolate one.

IMG_3219.jpg

IMG_3218.jpg

We were there during the evening EMH for AK, so while I hadn't been able to secure a FP for Flight of Passage on this particular day, I did have one for later in our stay. Spoiler alert, we didn't end up using it since it was way past our bedtime! We did get to do the Navi River Journey that morning.

We started off with the Safari and coincidentally, I ran into one of my best friends from childhood and her family! This was one of the better Safaris we have been on- we saw a ton of animals bright and early that morning. We also did the gorilla trails and a few other things before heading over to Pandora.

IMG_3222.jpg

IMG_3224.jpg

IMG_3225.jpg

Honestly, words can't do this land justice. It is soooo immersive. I wish we would've been able to see it at night, but we just couldn't hang and didn't make it back. My mom and I will be spending some time in AK next week, so I am looking forward to getting back.

There are some things that, when they are new to WDW, I totally shield myself from.. I try not to watch new fireworks shows or Youtube videos of rides. I feel like so much is spoiled on the internet these days before you even get there, and very few things still have the element of surprise. This entire land was breathtaking and more beautiful than I ever expected.

IMG_3227.jpg

After our Navi River Journey ride, we decided to stop for lunch at Satuli Canteen. We would be having dinner at Homecoming, our new favorite, so we kind of went light on lunch and decided to split something.

We decided to do one of the create-your-own bowls with the sweet and red potato hash, grilled beef, with chimichurri dressing.

IMG_3229.jpg
IMG_3230.jpg

Slow-Roasted Sliced Grilled Beef Bowl - slow-roasted sliced grilled beef marinated in a blend of garlic, herbs, red pepper spice, and red wine vinegar topped with crunchy vegetable slaw and boba balls served with your choice of base and sauce $12.99
Red/Sweet Potato Hash- roasted sweet and red potatoes with onion, garlic, diced red pepper, and Italian herb parsley

It was still kind of early, before noon, so there was hardly anyone inside.

IMG_3228.jpg

Justin ordered a Diet Coke and I had to try the Grog Ale. It was a little heavy for my beer liking, but it was good and it was green, which was pretty awesome!

IMG_3231.jpg

Overall this restaurant definitely gets two thumbs up from us. I mean, can you even believe you're eating in a theme park with this amazing quick service goodness!? I think my mom will definitely want to come here next week, she's all about Chipotle bowls so I think she'd love this. The beef was soooo delicious and the potato hash was really flavorful. I am not a fan of the Boba balls because of the weird texture.

AK really does have some awesome QS options. I have been keeping tabs of the falafel, shrimp mac and cheese, etc. at all of the little quick stops around AK but I haven't tried any of them yet.

I also completely missed Pongu Pongu and the margaritas!! Next time!!

After this we hit the pools at All Star Sports. Justin studied a bit for a work test he had to take and I read a book for a few hours. We had a couple beers and just really relaxed, which was our main goal this time around.

Up next, we brave the storm for some fried chicken at Homecomin'!

DAY 2: POUTINE & THE BOATHOUSE

We were a few hours early for our ADR but a little toasty from the pool, so after showering and getting ready we hopped a bus to Disney Springs with plenty of time to spare.

Justin was eyeing up the Poutine booth ever since it had opened. Unfortunately this is one of the places we never get to, since there are so many great restaurants to try.

Since we'd split our lunch he decided to give it a go with a few hours to go until dinner.

IMG_3242.jpg

The Poutine booth is right across from the Levi's store on your way into World of Disney.

IMG_3244.jpg

IMG_3245.jpg

He went with the Classic Poutine: French Fries, Beef Poutine Gravy and Cheddar Curds $8.49

For what this was (cheese curds and gravy on top of obviously frozen french fries), this was fine. Like I said before, I never met anything cheesy I didn't like.. so they were fine, but not amazing. I kind of don't see the point of serving them over the standard Disney fries and not some delicious hand cut ones, but what do I know! They don't pay me to make those decisions.

They definitely didn't compare to the poutine we had at Le Cellier last year.

Justin still really enjoyed them and I helped him finish them before we headed into World of Disney for what ended up being a very long shopping trip. The Florida skies opened up and it started raining BUCKETS. This went on for probably almost an hour. People were lining the walls not wanting to make a run for it. We were standing by the door that faces Basin, and watched a few teenagers make a run for it from Basin to WOD. Well one of the girls had on flip flops and in a few inches of water, completely wiped out.. I'm talking she was running, slid feet first onto her back, then popped up like nothing happened! It was like she was a skipping rock. Hilarious yet awful at the same time because she was soaked from head to toe.

The storm lingered and we decided it had slowed down enough to leave. We ended up buying a cheap umbrella that's actually pretty cute, and making a run for the Boathouse. It was a long haul but we made it there fairly unscathed and ready for a DRINK!

We love the Boathouse's bar for a drink! In our experience the bartenders have been very friendly. It's a bright and lively space and there's a lot going on in there.

IMG_3249.jpg

We made it! You can't see it but my feet and bottom half are soaked.

I needed something good... like a sangria!

IMG_3247.jpg

Sangria - Carpene Malvolti prosecco, brandy, elder flower liqueur, fresh citrus $12

Justin had a Diet Coke because he was looking forward to trying a few cocktails at Homecoming. I really, really liked this sangria! It was fresh and fruity, not overly sugary, and perfect for the summertime.

Next, we finally get back to Homecoming after dreaming about that fried chicken for months. :lovestruc

It was total blasphemy and I'm disgusted with myself for not making the extra trek.
I'm disgusted with you, too :rotfl2:

We headed to catch a bus and in true Disney rookie fashion, got on the wrong bus and ended up at Animal Kingdom.. what the.. who let us out in public?
Are you new? Listen, a tip for next time: the buses have a lighted up sign on the front telling you where they're going :P

and I had to try the Grog Ale.
Steve got this and liked it but he likes dark heavy beers

I also completely missed Pongu Pongu and the margaritas!! Next time!!
I stick with the margarita here! Definitely try it when you're back!

Frontera Cocina looks REALLY good. I love Mexican food but for some reason haven't considered trying this place, but I think I'm going to consider it for our longer trip in March :)

Following! The food in your first review looks great. I love all things smores and can't go wrong with Mexican food.

Thanks! Welcome :) It was delicious!

I'm here! And I'll be back after our trip and hopefully we'll have met :goodvibes

YAY!!

I'm disgusted with you, too :rotfl2:

Are you new? Listen, a tip for next time: the buses have a lighted up sign on the front telling you where they're going :P

Steve got this and liked it but he likes dark heavy beers

I stick with the margarita here! Definitely try it when you're back!

Frontera Cocina looks REALLY good. I love Mexican food but for some reason haven't considered trying this place, but I think I'm going to consider it for our longer trip in March :)

Lol, all of our friends at the wedding kept saying "You're going to Disney after this, right!?" And I sooo wish we just would have!

Hahahaha you'd think I would know how to get on a Disney bus by now... I guess not!

I will have to try the margarita. I love fun drinks like that. I may skip the boba balls though.. bleh. The beer was good and definitely a good one for dark beer lovers.

Idk why we never had it on our radar, either! I think with so many other great places and a newfound Homecoming obsession, we haven't even given Mexican food a second thought. We'll totally be back though! Are you taking the whole gang in March?

DAY 2: HOMECOMIN'

After drying off with a nice Sangria, we said goodbye to the friendly crew at The Boathouse and headed to our main destination for that evening.. HOMECOMIN'!!!!

If you have not yet been here.. you are missing out! I waited for sooo long to drag Justin here and now he makes sure we go back every single time. My mom and I are going here next week- next Friday to be exact.
There are a lot of good Southern places around us, so we've tried and loved quite a few of them. This is definitely one of the best in my opinion!

Our reservation was for something like 7:30 and we arrived on time and were seated right away.

We were excited about the cocktail menu here, so Justin asked our server what she recommended. I had it in my head that I was going to get the Apple Pie A La Mode or the Fig and Berries. I think @jerseytinkerbell got me excited about a few that she and Rob had tried.

Our server (who was so friendly and sweet) told us that while the signature moonshine cocktails were good, we should get the Sweet Tea Shine or RumShine Punch, because for around the same price, you got 16 oz instead of the 8 or so you get with the smaller handcrafted cocktails. More booze for your buck? Sign me up!

Justin started with a Sweet Tea Shine and I went with the RumShine punch.

IMG_3251.jpg

Sweet Tea Shine - sweet tea, fresh-squeezed lemon and moonshine $12

IMG_3252.jpg

RumShine Punch - strawberry RumShine, blackberry brandy, banana liqueur, pineapple juice and house-made grenadine, 16-oz. $18
(I know myself and I know I would not have spent $18 on this drink, sooo I think All Ears has a typo and this was $12.. I remember it from our receipt)

Right off the bat we were really pleased with our choices, except for one thing our server didn't mention. These two are in big drink coolers (think lemonade containers at the mall where the lemonade just sits in the big plastic thing and the machine keeps running it through). So this was being poured from a big jug as opposed to being handcrafted. If that's something important to you, you may find that the handcrafted moonshine cocktails are where it's at. That didn't bother me too much.

These were FANTASTIC! The Sweet Tea Shine was everything it should've been. Delicious southern sweet tea with a kick. You could definitely taste the lemon, and the moonshine. ;)

The RumShine Punch had kind of a sophisticated tropical punch taste to it, mostly from the Blackberry.

We decided to go with an order of the hush puppies to start, and split an entree since we knew the portions were large.

IMG_3253.jpg

Bunch of Puppies - House-made hushpuppies served with pimento cheese and red jalapeno jelly $10

These were really good! I think on their own they are kind just okay, but coupled with the jalapeno jelly and the pimento cheese, they are top notch. I think we'll skip these next time and try a new appetizer but they were definitely a good starter. For what its worth I did not find the jelly to be too spicy, I can't handle much heat but it was more of a sweet heat.

For our meal, we decided to share our favorite from the first time we dined here - the fried chicken and mashed potatoes. There was no way I could come here without getting some of that delicious mac n cheese, so we got a side of mac and cheese as well.

IMG_3260.jpg

IMG_3257.jpg

I promise you our food was not that dark- for whatever reason I filtered these to death on Instagram and these are the only ones I can find.

Art's Fabulous Fried Chicken: Chef Art Smith's signature dish! Buttermilk-brined for 24 hours then perfectly fried and served with creamy mashed potatoes, cheddar drop biscuit and love $28

Side of Momma's Mac and Cheese - $8

Where to begin.. the mashed potatoes were good, Justin liked them more than I did. You can see we don't have gravy in the first picture, the first time we went there she insisted we get gravy and this time we asked for it and it didn't come, but they eventually brought it out to us, which was no big deal. I think the gravy makes these potatoes twice as good, it's a peppery, thick country gravy with pieces of ham... omg, it's amazing.

We are in love with this fried chicken. With 3 pieces, it was more than enough for us and I am pretty sure we left one behind. My husband can eat, so we don't usually leave food behind. That Mac and Cheese is what my dreams are made of. I love that they use the corkscrew noodles,
they seem to soak up the cheese sauce really well. I always love the crusty cheese layer on the very top, too! This didn't disappoint, either.

We each ordered a second drink - Justin went with the Sweet Tea Shine again and I did as well. I think I would rank the Sweet Tea Shine above the RumShine punch, for the sheer fact that the RumShine punch was REALLLLYYYY sweet. I think if you're going to have one and sip on it, the RumShine punch is perfect. If you're going to have a few, maybe one RumShine and then switch to the Sweet Tea.

My husband would choose savory over sweet almost any day so he wasn't too keen on dessert, but I didn't want to skip out on it again. We decided to share an order of the donuts (for some reason I hate spelling it doughnuts even though Chef Art insists upon it), which we took back to our room and ate the next morning. They were good but I wish we would've ordered one of the other desserts instead.

It was then, when we got our bill, and applied the 10% AP or DVC discount (I can't remember which) that we realized we spent $48 on alcohol alone, which was half our bill... :crazy2: :sad2: :rotfl:

OOPS.. when in Disney, right!?

We were once again pleased with our choices at Homecomin' and raved about it for the rest of the night, as we went back to All Star Sports to gather our things for checkout the next morning, and put some stretchy pants on.

Next, we hit the MK & have lunch at Geyser Point. :cool1:

DAY 3 - July 1: GEYSER POINT

I thought we went to MK this morning but it actually was Hollywood Studios.. I think. That's how long it's been, ha! For breakfast we had our donuts from Homecomin'. We packed up our stuff and handed it off to bell services (Justin doesn't like just leaving it in the room), and they transferred it to the Boardwalk for us.

For lunch we decided to drive over to Geyser Point, because all of the QS food at Hollywood Studios sucks. Ok, that may be a bit harsh.. but we never really eat in that park! Justin was dying to try Geyser Point. We would be using the dining plan for the remainder of our stay, so it was our first opportunity to use a QS credit.

We drove over and Justin froze up as we drove to the guard station. He hates being put on the spot in social situations so I told him to just tell him we were here to dine and it shouldn't be a problem.

"Hello, welcome to Wilderness Lodge," the security guy said. "Hi, umm, I'm here to eat," Justin responded. :rotfl:
The guy was just like "Well, sorry dude I don't have much here for you" and we just all started cracking up, Justin told him we were really hoping to eat at Geyser Point and he let us through with no problem.

It was a gorgeous day and we were so excited to finally get to check this place out. Without even getting into the food, it's such a relaxing spot and would be perfect for a break from the parks and a nice snack/drink.

IMG_3263.jpg

Things have probably changed since then, but here is how it worked based on our experience in July.
There is a huge bar area (from where this picture was taken) with a ton of seating at and around the bar, and also along the water. You can order from a server that comes around, or you can go up to the Quick Service counter and order there. Either way they can bring your food to you if you want to grab a seat. They do have AP or DVC (I can't remember which) discounts but I believe they're only good at the window itself. At least that's what our server told us, and I know the couple next to us ordered from the server and she said the discount was only good at the window (which seemed odd so maybe that's changed).

We decided to order at the counter so we could get a good look at the menu. They gave us a number and brought our food over to us maybe 5-7 minutes later.

IMG_3264.jpg
IMG_3266.jpg

Justin is alllll about a good burger, so he ordered the Bison Cheeseburger.

IMG_3268.jpg

Bison Cheeseburger - Tillamook cheddar, sweet onion straws, lettuce, tomato, and Marionberry barbecue sauce $13.49

He also loves waffle fries so he was in heavennnnnn :jumping3: He loved this burger! He raved about the BBQ sauce and onion straws. I asked if there was cheese on it and he said he didn't think so, but there was Tillamook cheddar on there somewhere. Considering this is $13.49, and in the parks you'd spend at least $12-13 on something like Cocmic Rays, we thought it was a good option for the price, at least in Disney terms, especially considering it was Bison.

This was one quick service credit, and he also ordered a Diet Coke. So in total his credit was $13.49+3.29 = $16.78.

I ordered the Crab Cake Sandwich. I was torn on a few things, as usual. The grilled salmon BLT and the grilled portobello salad both sounded delicious. All of the options were perfect for a hot summer day. But I loooooove crab cakes so I decided to order the crab cake sandwich.

IMG_3269.jpg

Lumb Crab Cake Sandwich - house-made Canadian bacon, spicy cabbage-carrot slaw and lemon-caper mayonnaise served on an artisan roll $13.99

(Note.. the Disney website calls that Miso Tartar Sauce.. I honestly don't think it's Lemon Caper Mayo or Miso Tartar. I think it was more of a remoulade but what do I know)

Would you look at that mayo? I mean seriously! I didn't want to overdo it with the heavy food so I opted for the quinoa salad which is also offered as a side. The quinoa salad was the perfect choice. It had a little bit of a dressing on it, with some red onion and cucumber mixed in. It was tossed in just the right amount of olive oil, and served chilled, so it was nice and refreshing. I was so happy that I went with that instead of the fries!

This sandwich was perfection, down to the bread and the slaw. Here's what the middle looked like:

IMG_3271.jpg

I MEAN... Look at how thick that thing is!!!!! SOOOO flavorful, too. Honestly that little pink sliver of Canadian bacon was unnecessary. I don't remember tasting much of it. The bun was a little thick, I actually ended up eating the second half without the bun, but I don't think it was due to a limp and skimpy crab cake. The crab cake was nice and meaty.

Here's my quinoa salad:

IMG_3270.jpg

I wanted to see what they were offering in terms of desserts, so I asked if it was an option to swap my drink for a dessert. She said I could do that and offered me water instead! Which I thought was so nice, so I decided to get a dessert for us to share. They had a seasonal apple berry pie, or a brownie mousse with caramel popcorn. Justin said he'd prefer the mousse (I could've done either) so we chose that.

IMG_3266.jpg

Chocolate Brownie Mousse - with caramel popcorn and toasted meringue $5.99

I'd never order that normally, but I knew I wanted water to drink. This was a nice addition but totally unnecessary. It was good, though! It was served cold with only one piece of stale caramel popcorn on top.

Overall my QS meal was $13.99+5.99 = $19.98.

We can definitely say we'll be back here, for lunch, dinner, or drinks. It was a nice, relaxing spot to cool off and have a nice lunch.

After that, we checked into Boardwalk for our very first stay. Oh my gosh, I love that resort. The theming and the vibe is just amazing. I think if we every buy another DVC contract (if I have my way we will, ha!) I would want it to be at BWI, or maybe BC. I love the atmosphere there and being able to walk to Epcot is amazing.

That night we would be having dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse for the first time since our first trip!

Joining in. All your food looks delicious. I love all things cheese too. That lump crab cake sandwich looks amazing. I'm going there in December and think I'll order this now that I've read your review.

Well, I can't say we're fans of Homecomin' and I don't think I'll ever get Steve to go back, but I'm glad you enjoyed your meal there again. I'm super happy you enjoyed Geyser Point! I LOVE WL and I LOVE GP :goodvibes I was happy with our resort stays last week but missed being there and we didn't have time to visit, but GP is such a great addition to the Lodge.
I'm also so sorry we missed each other! And who knows when our trips will align again :( Although you live so close, you should just jump in the car and come down when I'm there again :D

Following along! :wave:

The only time I think I've ever paid more for an alcohol beverage (other than somewhere like Trader Sam's where they're huge) is in Hawaii.

They were expensive! Mine wasn't vey good either, but for the opposite reason it just tasted like pure alcohol.

SMORES BREAD PUDDING.... SMORES. BREAD. PUDDING. My two favorite things blended into one!!!!!

Oh yum that sounds delicious.

Justin was eyeing up the Poutine booth ever since it had opened. Unfortunately this is one of the places we never get to, since there are so many great restaurants to try.

Same here! Hoping to try it next time though I've haven't heard the best reviews of it. We don't really have any places that make poutine around here.

We are in love with this fried chicken. With 3 pieces, it was more than enough for us and I am pretty sure we left one behind. My husband can eat, so we don't usually leave food behind. That Mac and Cheese is what my dreams are made of. I love that they use the corkscrew noodles, they seem to soak up the cheese sauce really well. I always love the crusty cheese layer on the very top, too! This didn't disappoint, either.

Yum those were my favorite things at Homecomin' too. :lovestruc I can't wait to go back and get some fried chicken.

Hi! I'm here to read about you eating. I'm all caught up and can't wait for more. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!