Hi, all! Coming to WDW for the first time!

KayMichigan

DIS Veteran
Just saying hi! :) My sister and I are coming to WDW this January, I've never been there before and can't wait!!

We're coming for our birthday (we're twins!) and one of my coworkers says you can get special birthday stuff, does anyone have any information on that? Our birthday's in November but we're visiting in January.

Thanks!!

If you stop by any of the guest services in the parks ask for a Birthday button. Pin it on and CM's may treat you to something now and then or just say Happy Birthday as you pass. When dining you might get a free dessert and a song! Nothings guaranteed but if you do get something it makes the day that more special!

Free button! Our family has never really been to Disney during one of our birthday's. And instead of booking your vacation online, do it over phone. They always ask why your going to Disney and they might just throw in something special or even upgrade you (which is very very very rare).

p07jmt82e68hmsnr.png

If you stop by any of the guest services in the parks ask for a Birthday button.
I didn't know you could get a Birthday button if you are not visiting on your Birthday. I always thought it had to be your actual Birthday to get a button.

Oh hey, another MI person! I have soooo many tips & tricks rolling around in my head...things you should do, things you shouldn't.... We've had many awesome Disney trips & I've learned (some the hard way) about planning for the trips ahead of time! I'd love to help you in any way I can! Our girls have gone since they were little & now still love Disney as teens, so I have perspective through various stages! Let me know if you have questions or want any direction about planning!

I didn't know you could get a Birthday button if you are not visiting on your Birthday. I always thought it had to be your actual Birthday to get a button.

Disney doesn't care and do not check ID. Kids like to celebrate their BDay thru their entire visit if their BDay is close! Ours loved the attention they received thru the week.

Is that the same with adults? My birthday is in July and I'm visiting in Sept.

I think so. I'm pretty sure that you can just let them know what you are celebrating & they will get you the pin. There are bday pins, first visit pins, anniversary/just married pins & probably others that I don't know of. You can also pick them up inside the front of Magic Kingdom (can't remember the name of the building, but it's off to the left side of the entrance) - I think it's at their welcome center. They're nice memories to have & sometimes the cast members/characters will pay special attention to those wearing a pin.

Thanks, dfamgirl. I am aware of the different kinds of pins and I think you're right about where to pick them up - it it "City Hall"?. I just always thought that birthday pins were for those whose birthday fell on the day they were in the park. Didn't know anyone can get one regardless of when their birthday is. I might pop in and pick one up on my Sept trip.

Oh hey, another MI person! I have soooo many tips & tricks rolling around in my head...things you should do, things you shouldn't.... We've had many awesome Disney trips & I've learned (some the hard way) about planning for the trips ahead of time! I'd love to help you in any way I can! Our girls have gone since they were little & now still love Disney as teens, so I have perspective through various stages! Let me know if you have questions or want any direction about planning!

Thank you! :) I'll let you know! We have the Birnbaum guide and the unofficial guide and are currently plotting things out.

Thanks for the birthday button info, everyone! We'll be sure to stop by and pick them up!

What does everyone do as far as purses etc. I'm guessing a purse would be impractical to haul around the park, but I'm going to need something to carry my stuff in (wallet, camera, etc.). What's the best way to go with that? I've had a backpack recommended to me and I've also been thinking about one of those cross-body bags.

I like a small crossbody bag, but there are times when I carry stuff for others that it doesn't seem like enough room. I've heard a cinch bag is good....

I like a small crossbody bag, but there are times when I carry stuff for others that it doesn't seem like enough room. I've heard a cinch bag is good....

OK, thanks! I just need something big enough for a small wallet, maybe some sunscreen, a few essentials, and my camera. Right now I'm shopping for a new camera, the one I have is about ten years old and pretty bulky by today's standards!

DH and I always carry backpacks so our hands are free. We each carry a water bottle, camera, a spare sweater or jacket, disposable ponchos, and sometimes a compact umbrella, among other things.

Have fun planning your trip!

That sounds so exciting! Disney is so much fun, especially with your family. I hope you have a fantastic time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!