HHN- Anything to see from the outside?

bedientes

Just Lookin'
My 9 year old daughter and I are going to take a weekend trip up to UO Sept 6-8. I'm not taking her out of school early, so we won't get to Orlando until 5:30-6 pm on Friday Sept 6, which I know is opening night for HHN.

Since parks are closing early that night, we'll be looking for something to do. We're staying at Aventura that night, so we could enjoy the pool and rooftop bar (Yes, I've taken taken my daughter there- they have mocktails and food and a wonderful view that a 9 year old can enjoy). We'll be heading to Volcano Bay first thing the next morning.

But I'm wondering if it would be fun to head over to CityWalk and observe Studios from the outside that Friday night. I've never been there on a HHN night. From what I understand, there will probably be a huge crowd waiting to get in. If we wanted to eat dinner at NBC Grill or Hard Rock Cafe, at 7:00ish, will that crowd affect us? Is it worth heading over there just to soak in the atmosphere from outside the gates?

My daughter desperately wants to go to HHN, but I told her not yet. I haven't even been yet :) But I'm going for the first time Sept. 25!!! I'm so excited I could die.

Nothing wrong with taking your child to the rooftop bar.....the views are beautiful......

You won`t see anything from HHN from there. Apart from some fog plumes and lights.

Citywalk will be busy with folks going in for sure, but for restaurants at that time it`ll be as busy as it usually is. Make a reservation if you do decide to do that.....a few days in advance or same day is usually sufficient. Not sure there will be a specific atmosphere as folks just want to get in or out the park at that time. Most will have gone in as opening night it will be incredibly busy if last year is anything to go by...….and as soon as the gates open everyone is in......

Happy to hear you`re going for the first time on the 25th!!! I`m sure you`ll love it....and in a few years time I`m sure your daughter will enjoy it too....I do hope you love it though!!! Amazing event......

Since guests can't wear costumes of any kind, people watching probably wont be any more interesting than it would be for a normal crowd.

Nothing wrong with taking your child to the rooftop bar.....the views are beautiful......

You won`t see anything from HHN from there. Apart from some fog plumes and lights.

Citywalk will be busy with folks going in for sure, but for restaurants at that time it`ll be as busy as it usually is. Make a reservation if you do decide to do that.....a few days in advance or same day is usually sufficient. Not sure there will be a specific atmosphere as folks just want to get in or out the park at that time. Most will have gone in as opening night it will be incredibly busy if last year is anything to go by...….and as soon as the gates open everyone is in......

Happy to hear you`re going for the first time on the 25th!!! I`m sure you`ll love it....and in a few years time I`m sure your daughter will enjoy it too....I do hope you love it though!!! Amazing event......

Thank you! I'm thinking that it at least might be fun for my daughter to see the commotion over there. And she's never eaten at Hard Rock Cafe, and I think she'd like it, so we might just go over to eat and check it out. She was excited that HHN was going on while we'll be there and that the props will be around the park (though I told her that there won't be anything scary or gory out during the day).

I'm doing a RIP tour for my first trip to HHN! I'm sure I'm spoiling myself forever. But my husband doesn't like theme parks and lines, so that was how I got him to go with me.

check the hours for IOA
They will be open and you can enjoy the rides at that park until they close

For some reason IOA is closing at 7 that night. I don't think we'll be able to get in there for long enough to do much. The next night it is open until 9 though, so we'll do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter