HHI LOVERS THREAD

My guess is that the bar at the Beach House isn't open between November and April-that's because I didn't even know that there was supposedly a bar at the Beach House, and we've been there at least 17 times, between November and April, never in the summer or early fall.

We are headed to our Spring Break "home" tomorrow, and we can't wait! ? for anyone who has been there in the last couple of weeks - any issues with getting groceries (specifically bottled water) at Kroger's or other grocery stores? Here in TX, the hysteria over the corona virus has seriously cleared out store shelves :sad2: and I'm just wondering if we'll have a hard time getting our usual supplies when we're there. Thanks for any recon!

Ohh how I miss HH. My family has been going since 1998, my husband and I got engaged there in 2014, it was supposed to be my daughter's 1st vacation last September, but the hurricane sent us home a few hours after we arrived :worried: Really hoping to go in May 2021 for our 5 year anniversary :jumping1:

I feel your pain. We were also evacuated in September. We were scheduled to be there the last week of March but that was cancelled. We rescheduled for end of April and that was also cancelled. At this point, we just hope to get to use our points somewhere before they expire but it won't be at HHI because they are booked up through the end of our use year. Still blessed to have this 'problem'.

My BFF and I take an annual trip to HHI over the 4th of July. Hoping the resort opens by mid-June so we can keep our trip! Additionally this trip uses banked HHI points -- I'd love not to lose them. I have an AUG UY so if the resort is closed I won't have very many opportunities to use them elsewhere before they expire.

How is the shuttle to the beach? and is there a shuttle schedule posted somewhere? is the beach nice or should I drive to a different beach?
This is a beautiful and relaxing walk or bike ride from the resort to the beach house and I highly, highly recommend you try this at least once. Follow the path and you will enjoy it. I'll post some pics of the beach below.

I just wanted to come and post - reminisce about our fave resort. Still sad that we had to cancel our Spring Break in March.

Here are some of our fave places at HHI:

Right outside of Tide Me Over and the main pool, we loved grabbing some food/snacks/beverages and just sitting here and taking it all in. Also i LOVED that they play Disney music and sometimes even ride soundtracks on the speakers here.

And of course the obligatory stop in the shop to check out pins, and merch! (and snacks to take home) Oh how i wish we had more of those mickey shaped rice crispie treats right about now!

You have to get Mickey Waffles - and they are SO PERFECT. Especially with the view above.

My son went down that slide about 500 times after he got brave enough to try it one time - then the amazing CM's, who helped him get his courage up, named him King of the Slide, and gave him a pin that said it, and a bucket of candy. It was the cutest - we love the CM's here!

I mean - nothing gets better than this. Right outside our room.

This is the pool at the Beach House - it's in the shape of an H. We loved the bar here - we had the moonshine drink and WOAH - it put some hair on our chest. But it was so good!

I just wanted to come and post - reminisce about our fave resort. Still sad that we had to cancel our Spring Break in March.

View attachment 491624

Right outside of Tide Me Over and the main pool, we loved grabbing some food/snacks/beverages and just sitting here and taking it all in. Also i LOVED that they play Disney music and sometimes even ride soundtracks on the speakers here.

And of course the obligatory stop in the shop to check out pins, and merch! (and snacks to take home) Oh how i wish we had more of those mickey shaped rice crispie treats right about now!

View attachment 491625

You have to get Mickey Waffles - and they are SO PERFECT. Especially with the view above.

View attachment 491626

My son went down that slide about 500 times after he got brave enough to try it one time - then the amazing CM's, who helped him get his courage up, named him King of the Slide, and gave him a pin that said it, and a bucket of candy. It was the cutest - we love the CM's here!

View attachment 491628

View attachment 491629
This is the pool at the Beach House - it's in the shape of an H. We loved the bar here - we had the moonshine drink and WOAH - it put some hair on our chest. But it was so good!

View attachment 491630View attachment 491631
Thanks for the great pics! CANNOT WAIT to get back there! End of July for us.

View attachment 491624

View attachment 491625

View attachment 491626

View attachment 491628

View attachment 491629

View attachment 491630View attachment 491631

Thanks for posting these great pics! My DH and I have spent 5 winters on HHI in a rented condo, about a mile from the resort. Next winter, we were able to book two weeks in March at the resort before we head back to Michigan!

We couldn’t get a place at DVC Hilton head this summer, but we were able to get book a place at Palmetto Dunes with another family for the 4th of July. We will go visit the resort and try to see shadow on an off day, not the holiday. We understand their policies if you aren’t staying there and will respect it. We don’t want to be “those people”.

We're checking in Monday (1BR), the first day the resort opens. We're excited and a little trepidatious, as well. We love it there; in fact, we love HHI as a whole. We'll try to post any pertinent information on here.

PLEASE come back at your leisure of course (you need to enjoy the vacation!) and let us know how they roll things out. I have been asking member services non stop - how will the pool work how will masks work AT the pool etc - and they have said - literally today -
"we do not yet have any information on what social distancing with look like at the pools once the Disney Vacation Club Resorts reopen. I hope we get the information soon, as Disney's Vero Beach Resort and Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort reopen tomorrow!"

So - even the phone/chat CM's don't know what's happening.

But if there ever were a resort that I know would still make it fun and worth it - it is HHI DVC - their cast members are WONDERFUL. And the little information that was provided by Disney said that they ARE doing the pool side activities - which are SO much fun.

We have yet to get a letter from HHI which was sent out. . .apparently. However, my wife is in a group on another site and this was posted there. Sorry for the twisted shots, but it's a thing I can't (don't feel like) undo(ing).

1. The letter outlining what will be available or unavailable, and there's as much they don't say as they do.

2. The first activities sheet. 501029

3. The menus.

We have yet to get a letter from HHI which was sent out. . .apparently. However, my wife is in a group on another site and this was posted there. Sorry for the twisted shots, but it's a thing I can't (don't feel like) undo(ing).
2. The first activities sheet. View attachment 501029
That is one SAD activity sheet. :( There's always so much to do at DHHIR and we love the tours and the naturalist activities. Thanks for sharing.

I was just checking the data for Beaufort County and I was shocked to see how much the number of positive cases has gone up. I'm so nervous to go there in August (we have 2 high risk people here). At the same time, I really need to see something besides the inside of my house at some point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!