HHI LOVERS THREAD

We will be at HHI in March. We will be staying in a 2 room unit. What type of coffee makers do they have? Do I have to bring my own filters? Also with the in room washer & dryer, do I need to bring my own detergent?

Looking at HH, you have to take a shuttle to the beach?
The beach house doesn’t have rooms?

Looking at HH, you have to take a shuttle to the beach?
The beach house doesn’t have rooms?
The rooms are at the resort which is on the marsh. The beach house and beach are about a mile away which you can take a shuttle, your own vehicle or bike to.

We will be at HHI in March. We will be staying in a 2 room unit. What type of coffee makers do they have? Do I have to bring my own filters? Also with the in room washer & dryer, do I need to bring my own detergent?
Regular drip makers. Yes, bring your own filters and detergent.

The rooms are at the resort which is on the marsh. The beach house and beach are about a mile away which you can take a shuttle, your own vehicle or bike to.
Yep. No beach front rooms; however, the shuttle runs about every 15-20 minutes so is very convenient. Parking at the Disney beach house is limited, but if you get there early enough in the morning, it's not usually an issue. You can bike or walk there, but it is over a mile, so that might not be an option, especially if you're wanting to haul umbrellas, towels, and other gear. The beach house does have a quick service grill, a separate pool, and other such things. You can even rent beach needs there if you want. Access to the beach via the beach house is limited to those staying at Disney's HHI resort.

Yep. No beach front rooms; however, the shuttle runs about every 15-20 minutes so is very convenient. Parking at the Disney beach house is limited, but if you get there early enough in the morning, it's not usually an issue. You can bike or walk there, but it is over a mile, so that might not be an option, especially if you're wanting to haul umbrellas, towels, and other gear. The beach house does have a quick service grill, a separate pool, and other such things. You can even rent beach needs there if you want. Access to the beach via the beach house is limited to those staying at Disney's HHI resort.
Thanks, sounds like HH isn’t for us.

Perhaps. However, I will say that HHI is a very different vibe than any other Disney property. At the main resort, the rooms are lovely; there is so much to do outside of going to the beach; the CMs are the best, most accommodating, and friendliest CMs at any Disney resort; and the food options nearby and within a short drive are plentiful (and the small grill at HHI proper does a very nice job with the items they have such as Mickey waffles). If you need to be on the beach or looking out onto the beach 24/7 then, no, HHI isn't for you. Otherwise, it's a very laid back and thoroughly enjoyable location.

I'll admit that HHI resort isn't for everyone. That said, I'm one of its biggest fans-I LOVE it. dare I say, more than WDW. But there's not much nightlife (getting around at night is very hard, what with low lighting) and it's not on the ocean. However, for nature lovers like me, that's fine.

This will be easy...
The hot tub, slide at the pool, the Spanish moss in the trees, pin trading, dole whips and Mickey bars, combing the beach in the early morning for sharks teeth, playing pool with my kids at the beach house, water volleyball, our favorite lunch spot Java Burrito, bike riding the trails, gater and bird watching at Pinckney Island, taking a boat out to the disappearing island-hunting for sand dollars and starfish, (and finding them!!) photos with Pluto and so many choices for dinner!! Can you tell we love love Hilton Head Disney?[/QUOTE
Where do you rent a boat to disappearing island?
Thanks!

Perhaps. However, I will say that HHI is a very different vibe than any other Disney property. At the main resort, the rooms are lovely; there is so much to do outside of going to the beach; the CMs are the best, most accommodating, and friendliest CMs at any Disney resort; and the food options nearby and within a short drive are plentiful (and the small grill at HHI proper does a very nice job with the items they have such as Mickey waffles). If you need to be on the beach or looking out onto the beach 24/7 then, no, HHI isn't for you. Otherwise, it's a very laid back and thoroughly enjoyable location.
We do a beach vacation every year. We don't go sight seeing, we just hang out on the beach pretty much all day. We also have 5 kids, ages 2-7 years old. We look like those ads with parents loaded down with enough supplies for a year. No way would I even try a shuttle. Maybe when they get older. Thanks for all the replies!

Hi all! We are looking at going to Hilton Head in early September. It’s around seven months now and barely any availability has popped up- is it likely more will come nearer the time?

HHI is tough to get if you don’t own there because people love it so much. That’s why we just scooped up a great resale contract! We knew we’d never be able to go in the summer if we didn’t get points there.

HHI is tough to get if you don’t own there because people love it so much. That’s why we just scooped up a great resale contract! We knew we’d never be able to go in the summer if we didn’t get points there.
Congratulations HHI owner! We bought there too because we thought the resort was so special!

Thamks!!! Love, love, love it there and can’t wait to make more memories there!

We fell in love with HH the second time we went. Wish we could go more often.

I agree with all the above posters. My DH and I are retired and this is our third winter in HHI, we rent a condo near the resort. We have two HHI DVC contracts. We visit the resort often as my DH needs his Dole whip and Mickey bars. We have often stayed there and booked family and friends there, as well. The castmembers are the best! This past weekend, we stayed there with two teenaged granddaughters. We never left the property, except to drive to the Beach House. The girls loved all the activities. Unfortunately, we leave HHI in mid March. It helps to know we are returning in nine months. We love wintering in HHI, and the DVC resort is a bonus.

I agree with all the above posters. My DH and I are retired and this is our third winter in HHI, we rent a condo near the resort. We have two HHI DVC contracts. We visit the resort often as my DH needs his Dole whip and Mickey bars. We have often stayed there and booked family and friends there, as well. The castmembers are the best! This past weekend, we stayed there with two teenaged granddaughters. We never left the property, except to drive to the Beach House. The girls loved all the activities. Unfortunately, we leave HHI in mid March. It helps to know we are returning in nine months. We love wintering in HHI, and the DVC resort is a bonus.

Sounds like you are living my dream retirement! Congratulations!

Does anyone have a recent activity schedule just to give us an idea of the daily offerings? Is campfire always on the same nights like at Vero?

We will be in Hilton Head tomorrow!!! May be too late, but have to call and make an addition to our party on our reservation anyway, is there a room request I should make? View is important but so is proximity to activities....Also- what kind of activities are there this time of year?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts