HHI LOVERS THREAD

In January, I predict that you won't have any trouble getting 2 studios. And even though there are far fewer studios than 2 BRs, a CM there once told me that because the resort attracts so many families, there are times when there are studios available, but no 2 BRs. We haven't been there in January, but in both December and in February. Once in December, we were bemoaning the fact that we had to leave the next day. The CM at the front desk let me know that, even though it was the day beforehand, there was availability (we were in a 1 BR). Not many people know the wonderful peacefulness of HHI off-season.

In January, I predict that you won't have any trouble getting 2 studios. And even though there are far fewer studios than 2 BRs, a CM there once told me that because the resort attracts so many families, there are times when there are studios available, but no 2 BRs. We haven't been there in January, but in both December and in February. Once in December, we were bemoaning the fact that we had to leave the next day. The CM at the front desk let me know that, even though it was the day beforehand, there was availability (we were in a 1 BR). Not many people know the wonderful peacefulness of HHI off-season.

Thanks for the reply! I have read that sometimes the beach house and other amenities are closed in January. We are looking for a low-key relaxing vacation of about 5 days. It will be 4 adults, no kids. Do you think there would still be enough to do at the resort or in and around Hilton Head in January if the beach house is closed?

Definitely! And I remember when we went in February although it was cold, the Beach House was open. Maybe rules have changed.

Never studied the point chart for HHI...a big difference between points for a studio on weekends vs weekdays. .points on Fri,Sat are high for September.. weekdays, 14 points, weekends 23 points?:confused:Guess weekends are busy, with locals doing weekend trips.Wow, That's a big difference on points for weekends!:eek:

Last edited:

We are checking in today and got an awesome DVC cash discount for a 2 bedroom. Compared to the points cost, the rate came out to being $7.65 per point. I sure value my DVC points well over that, so we booked with cash. I would check the cash rate before you book.

Laura

Never studied the point chart for HHI...a big difference between points for a studio on weekends vs weekdays. .points on Fri,Sat are high for September.. weekdays, 14 points, weekends 23 points?:confused:Guess weekends are busy, with locals doing weekend trips.Wow, That's a big difference on points for weekends!:eek:

Interesting, I just noticed that last week since I am now soooo much more familiar with point charts than I was before the now-reverted 2020 charts.

We are going in May, 2-bedroom. Staying airbnb for the 1st and 8th nights to save the 50 points it would "cost" to stay at Disney.

I was wondering if HHI was overlooked in the 2009-2010 reallocation. Tough to be the overlooked child :teeth:.

We are checking in today and got an awesome DVC cash discount for a 2 bedroom. Compared to the points cost, the rate came out to being $7.65 per point. I sure value my DVC points well over that, so we booked with cash. I would check the cash rate before you book.

Laura
I will certainly do that to compare; thanks for the suggestion. Called this morning, 2 weekend day mid September, with tax DVC discounted cash rate is $409.00 studio including tax. 46 points(23 each) that's the equivalent of paying $22.00 per point. I certainly won't be doing that! No big discount for those days!:scared1:

Interesting, I just noticed that last week since I am now soooo much more familiar with point charts than I was before the now-reverted 2020 charts.

We are going in May, 2-bedroom. Staying airbnb for the 1st and 8th nights to save the 50 points it would "cost" to stay at Disney.

I was wondering if HHI was overlooked in the 2009-2010 reallocation. Tough to be the overlooked child :teeth:.
We were at HHI in May, was a gorgeous time to go. We spoke with servers in restaurants and end of May is the "calm before the storm" of summer travelers. Enjoy!:goodvibes

Last edited:

Hello HHI lovers thread. I see some old friends here.
Hello SlyDog, Bobbi, BWV Dreamin and Corinne! It's like old home week here!

We decided to do a little getaway next month and are staying at your beloved HHI. I'm on a fact gathering mission (made it thru all 9 pages) and taking notes. We stayed here circa 2004, long time ago. We got at 2 BR. We almost had to take a GV for 1 of the nights (oh the humanity!) but they had all 4 nights when I called (not what it showed on the internet, strange). We were looking forward to finally getting to experience a GV!

I'll be hanging around here, mostly lurking. Thanks and good to see all my Groupie buds!

Hello HHI lovers thread. I see some old friends here.
Hello SlyDog, Bobbi, BWV Dreamin and Corinne! It's like old home week here!

We decided to do a little getaway next month and are staying at your beloved HHI. I'm on a fact gathering mission (made it thru all 9 pages) and taking notes. We stayed here circa 2004, long time ago. We got at 2 BR. We almost had to take a GV for 1 of the nights (oh the humanity!) but they had all 4 nights when I called (not what it showed on the internet, strange). We were looking forward to finally getting to experience a GV!

I'll be hanging around here, mostly lurking. Thanks and good to see all my Groupie buds!
Hi Muushka! Enjoy your upcoming HHI stay!
Our preferred month at HHI is May, but this year July works best for us. It’s hot, but we do get to see the fireworks that happen weekly.

Our preferred month at HHI is May, but this year July works best for us. It’s hot, but we do get to see the fireworks that happen weekly.
When in July? We will be there the last week...would love to meet up!

Hey, Muushka! I last stayed at HHI Disney about the same time as you, but Luv and I have gone to HHI proper three times in the last five years as July is our anniversary month. Not owning at HHI means we can never get in during the dates we need, so we've stayed at both the Marriott and in Palmetto Dunes apartments. We always make time to drive over to the Disney property and hang out for awhile including getting Mickey waffles. It's such a lovely resort and the CMs are the best!

Hi Bobbi! Thank you, I think we will enjoy it. Fingers crossed it isn't too cold. You have a good time too!

Hey, Muushka! I last stayed at HHI Disney about the same time as you, but Luv and I have gone to HHI proper three times in the last five years as July is our anniversary month. Not owning at HHI means we can never get in during the dates we need, so we've stayed at both the Marriott and in Palmetto Dunes apartments. We always make time to drive over to the Disney property and hang out for awhile including getting Mickey waffles. It's such a lovely resort and the CMs are the best!

Hey Sly. I see by your signature that you have added a few more monikers, I'll stick to SlyDog.

We stayed at Marriot Baroney Beach (I think that's what it was called) many many years ago. Even though it was on the ocean, we liked HHI Disney better. Good to see you (sort of.....well, virtually).

Hi Bobbi! Thank you, I think we will enjoy it. Fingers crossed it isn't too cold. You have a good time too!

Hey Sly. I see by your signature that you have added a few more monikers, I'll stick to SlyDog.

We stayed at Marriot Baroney Beach (I think that's what it was called) many many years ago. Even though it was on the ocean, we liked HHI Disney better. Good to see you (sort of.....well, virtually).
Thank JT, Granny, et. al. for the additional names. I was just minding my own business. . .;)

Yeah, both times we stayed at the Marriott we had an ocean view room, and we loved it! The first year, all was great. When we went back a couple of years later, though the ocean front room was still great, the non-stop band followed by the non-stop DJ all afternoon and into the night was too much. They were located ocean side near the pool and went on for hours, literally driving us from the room at times. I doubt we'll go back there after that episode.

Thank JT, Granny, et. al. for the additional names. I was just minding my own business. . .;)

Yeah, both times we stayed at the Marriott we had an ocean view room, and we loved it! The first year, all was great. When we went back a couple of years later, though the ocean front room was still great, the non-stop band followed by the non-stop DJ all afternoon and into the night was too much. They were located ocean side near the pool and went on for hours, literally driving us from the room at times. I doubt we'll go back there after that episode.

I think I may be guilty for the SlyDog name. But I may be wrong. I like the other ones too!

Living in S Fl close to the beach it really is not a draw for us (although we do love to cruise).

Give us green and trees and nature and we are happier. Hence, VWL!

I think I may be guilty for the SlyDog name. But I may be wrong. I like the other ones too!

Living in S Fl close to the beach it really is not a draw for us (although we do love to cruise).

Give us green and trees and nature and we are happier. Hence, VWL!
Come to think of it, you may be right! pirate: :lmao: Like you, I'm drawn to the nature and trees of the Lodge; my wife is drawn to the Lodge, too. However, long term, she wants to be nearer sand and sun. Guess I'll tag along. ;)

Going to HH next week. Have not been there in 15 years. Cant wait. Have any upgrades to the premises or rooms taken place over the years. I never seem to see anything mentioned about HH. Vero had some great upgrades. Curious about HH.

Going to HH next week. Have not been there in 15 years. Cant wait. Have any upgrades to the premises or rooms taken place over the years. I never seem to see anything mentioned about HH. Vero had some great upgrades. Curious about HH.

If I remember correctly, they renovated all the rooms in 2014. They have been adding new activities such as a bocce ball court and giant outdoor checkers board for the last few years and I like all the additions they have made, even though they are just small additions. But we first stayed there in 2013 and when we went back in Nov. 2014 we definitely saw the updates but the rooms still have that same great outdoorsy lodge feel to them. That’s my opinion but I think you will like them. We love going there every year in late Nov. Always a great stay.

For those have just recently gone to back to the resort this year, did you see any changes to the property?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!