HHI LOVERS THREAD

The Palmetto Dunes courses would be extremely convenient, too. Played the Fazio course yesterday and enjoyed it well enough, but it's underwhelming in its charm. A couple of nice signature holes but mostly the various setups are quite alike. Also, it's only par 70 which isn't bad, just a bit weird. Agree there are a lot of elevated greens, so if those annoy you, I'd look elsewhere. I come from southwest Virginia and the Blue Ridge Mtns, so elevated greens are quite common, thus they didn't bother me.
Thank you for this information.

Hi all! Just wanted to say we put in an offer for 350 HH points yesterday after having visited as cash reservations several times. We are super excited to hopefully be joining DVC HH soon!
Ive been watching the resales for HHI. Not many out there!! Can you tell me how much your cash reservations were? I’m looking to go July 2019 in a studio and may need to pay cash (hopefully with a DVC discount)?

Ive been watching the resales for HHI. Not many out there!! Can you tell me how much your cash reservations were? I’m looking to go July 2019 in a studio and may need to pay cash (hopefully with a DVC discount)?

There is a 300 point June use year out there now listed with the sponsor. I got an alert today. We scooped one up last fall for $67 a point - 210 points before the rates went up. I just kept looking every day until one came up that worked. We absoulutely loved Hilton Head after visiting a few summers ago.

Not sure about the cash rate.

We only have ever stayed in 2 bed villas so I have no idea what the studios go for. On Disney’s Hilton Head website, you can look up the rates for the rooms on any day even if there’s no availability.

There is a 300 point June use year out there now listed with the sponsor. I got an alert today. We scooped one up last fall for $67 a point - 210 points before the rates went up. I just kept looking every day until one came up that worked. We absoulutely loved Hilton Head after visiting a few summers ago.

Not sure about the cash rate.

I saw that one but thought $80 per point looked expensive especially given only 121 points were available for 2018. We negotiated $67 per point for the 350 contract so less total cost for additional 50 points annually. Of course only 13 were available for 2018 but it still seemed a better deal to me. I actually wanted a larger contract given how we vacation so I’m happy! Hope it was a good deal!

We only have ever stayed in 2 bed villas so I have no idea what the studios go for. On Disney’s Hilton Head website, you can look up the rates for the rooms on any day even if there’s no availability.
I wanted to know the DVC discount and t rate, not the rack rate. Thanks anyway.

We booked a spring break trip for HH today on a near-whim. The idea popped into my head and I spent all of 15min reading everyone's glowing reviews here to confirm it was a good idea! We're so looking forward to it now! Just wanted to thank everyone in advance for the helpful tidbits in this thread.

I’m super exited! Today was our 7 month point and we will be heading to HHI for spring break 2019!

How is post Labor Day first week right after Labor Day usually in HHI?:confused: Is my assumption correct that it is relatively quiet, kids are back at school, but September should be a nice month. Bet the ocean water is quite nice, much like most of the eastern coast in September. Thanks!:goodvibes

We were there one Halloween, and the weather was wonderful for pool swimming and bike riding.

How is post Labor Day first week right after Labor Day usually in HHI?:confused: Is my assumption correct that it is relatively quiet, kids are back at school, but September should be a nice month. Bet the ocean water is quite nice, much like most of the eastern coast in September. Thanks!:goodvibes
Ocean temps are still in the 80's and the weather has been very warm.

September is a great time to be at Hilton Head. The crowds are down during the week and the weather is still wonderful.

September is a great time to be at Hilton Head. The crowds are down during the week and the weather is still wonderful.
Thanks!:goodvibes We visited a few years ago end of May and loved it. :thumbsup2We were there before Memorial Day and from what I understand from speaking to locals. starting Memorial Day into end of August, crowd levels are heavy. Would love to possibly return Sept of '19 when kids are back at school and it is much less busy! ::yes::

I remember the CMs there telling me once that September and October are the 2 best months weather-wise.

I remember the CMs there telling me once that September and October are the 2 best months weather-wise.
I agree. October is really nice since the temperatures become more comfortable with lower humidity and the ocean temps stay in the 70s through the month.

We were there this last October and it was HOT and the humidity was crazy for the first few days and then it finally cooled off a little. We were in the ocean or the pool everyday.

Just make sure to check the weather before you go :)

Hi All,

I’m hoping to secure a reservation at 7 months for the first week of May for 6 adults. Will a 2 br be large enough?

Hi All,

I’m hoping to secure a reservation at 7 months for the first week of May for 6 adults. Will a 2 br be large enough?

Large enough depends on how you like the sleeping arrangements? With one couple in the master, do you want the other two to share a room or have one couple on the bedroom pullout?

A dedicated will have two queens in the second bedroom; lockout will have a queen and a sofa bed in the second bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter