HHI LOVERS THREAD

We'll be there next week (use or lose, couldn't give our 2 BR ressies away, and only 2 of us traveling, with one of us working half days o_O), but it's been a long time.

I saw the comment on making reservations for things like Nature walks, but don't remember how. A link please?

FYI - our only villa reservation in more than 20 years (ever) was cancelled a few months ago, the week before the resort reopened. Everyone was able to still make it, and we took two other VRBO accommodations the same week. No hard feelings, but man, talk about bad luck. :(

This was then, and trust me, NO ONE was wearing masks (locals or tourists). From what I read here, that has changed, and for the best I think. But people who think masks need to be worn at a beach (except by crowd-seekers) have evidently never been to a beach. Literally thousands on the beach when we were there and you could have easily kept 500 feet or more distance if you wanted.

Last edited:
I saw the comment on making reservations for things like Nature walks, but don't remember how. A link please?

Reservations can be made at the rental desk by the pool once you arrive.

We always email wdw.hh.guest.services at disney dot com before we leave to ask for the activities calendar for the week we will be there.

FYI, the Shadow Fun Run was $10.

528248 528249

Well, DH is having some health issues a week before we leave. I know the Disney resort will be safe, but I'm not sure I want to chance having to go to the hospital while there. It looks like we may be cancelling. :(
Ugh, sorry to hear this. If you decide to cancel, hopefully there will be another trip in the near future. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

So count our family in as official HHI lovers. We’d never been to Hilton Head before but decided to spend a few days here on our way down from PA to WDW. We arrived Sunday and this is sadly our last day. I honestly have nothing new to add to the fabulous info the veterans have already shared, except to agree that this place is special. And by this place I mean the resort itself.

Don’t get me wrong, the entire island is lovely but we’re OBXers and that area will always be “our beach”. But this resort is something else. I can’t even explain why except to say I’ve spent the better part of the last three days sitting in a rocking chair on our balcony overlooking the marsh. I haven’t felt this much at peace in months. As much as we are looking forward to being back in the parks it will be tough to tell this place goodbye tomorrow.

Thanks so much for all the great tips and restaurant recommendations (Ela’s and Hudson’s have been our favorite so far). We will definitely be back. And yes I’ve already been scouring resale sites for HHI contracts 😂😂.

I just booked March 21-28th and can't wait! It will be my husband, myself and 2 friends of ours. I booked a two bedroom villa. Are these similar to the ones at Old Key West? We had those last October and loved them, so hoping they are similar in size.

I was hoping to book the Vanishing Island Excursion through Island Explorers. Does anyone have any information about them? The excursion looks like a lot of fun! :)

We’ve rented a house on HHI for a week in November. Do y’all thinking if would be worth it to add one night to our stay to check out Disney’s HHI resort?

We’ve rented a house on HHI for a week in November. Do y’all thinking if would be worth it to add one night to our stay to check out Disney’s HHI resort?
Absolutely I would recommend. Hopefully the Christmas decorations are up and you will be able to take advantage of their events through the day.

I haven’t felt this much at peace in months.

This totally and completely sums it up for us.

There was a feeling when we got there, unpacked all of our things (we were there for 8 days) put everything away, including groceries, and we sat outside on the balcony facing the marsh and everything just....stopped.

There was nothing we had to to, nothing we were trying to plan, we were just - sitting and talking about what we were looking at to our son.

I can tell you - neither of us touched our phone except to take pictures occassionally. it's just so relaxing and effortless.

I'm so glad you love it!!!

Would you be adding one day at the HHI resort, or where you're staying? The reason I ask is that currently the only way you can enter the gates is if you're a guest. Pre-pandemic, any DVC member could enter to go to the Mercantile (gift shop) Tide Me Over (QS), generally look around. In other words, you'd have to add that one night at the resort.

Would you be adding one day at the HHI resort, or where you're staying? The reason I ask is that currently the only way you can enter the gates is if you're a guest. Pre-pandemic, any DVC member could enter to go to the Mercantile (gift shop) Tide Me Over (QS), generally look around. In other words, you'd have to add that one night at the resort.

Yeah, we’d be adding a day at the resort - my kiddos are still in virtual school so we have more flexibility

Quick trip report- here with husband and 3 kids (8,7,5). This is our 4th time here. We got here the 3rd and here till the 9th. We are having a great time. I know it’s fully booked but it doesn’t seem crowded at all. We have spent our days at the pool and the beach house. I definitely miss the campfire at night and Shadow but lots of other activities still going on. The quick service at the beach house is open every day 11-3 with full menu and lots of yummy drinks and of course Dole Whip (available with rum!) I’ve had the grand margarita, island lemonade, blackened Mahi sand which, jalapeño stuffed pretzel- all delicious. They also have beignets right now which are awesome. The gift shop is 30% off for DVC members right now and food at quick service is 10% off (no discount on alcohol). 104D4E7F-D812-4FFD-B43A-9DA8A32392B0.jpeg65A3CBAD-8EA4-443E-A8C3-902B129C10AD.jpeg1D6554DA-B2F3-4CF4-B9E5-14F797642D9C.jpegC002142F-2DBE-4ECE-AA91-68F2C1D7DA90.jpeg7E81CC44-68D5-415D-A4F1-3B187E9DD6A8.jpeg

Quick trip report- here with husband and 3 kids (8,7,5). This is our 4th time here. We got here the 3rd and here till the 9th. We are having a great time. I know it’s fully booked but it doesn’t seem crowded at all. We have spent our days at the pool and the beach house. I definitely miss the campfire at night and Shadow but lots of other activities still going on. The quick service at the beach house is open every day 11-3 with full menu and lots of yummy drinks and of course Dole Whip (available with rum!) I’ve had the grand margarita, island lemonade, blackened Mahi sand which, jalapeño stuffed pretzel- all delicious. They also have beignets right now which are awesome. The gift shop is 30% off for DVC members right now and food at quick service is 10% off (no discount on alcohol).

We check in on Sunday. Going for the first time! Looking forward to it! Really happy to hear about the great discounts for DVC members right now. We will definitely take advantage of those. Planning to do a lot of breakfasts, lunches and snacks at the quick service places. My son has food allergies and Disney always handles them so well! How have the lines been to get food?

We check in on Sunday. Going for the first time! Looking forward to it! Really happy to hear about the great discounts for DVC members right now. We will definitely take advantage of those. Planning to do a lot of breakfasts, lunches and snacks at the quick service places. My son has food allergies and Disney always handles them so well! How have the lines been to get food?

My son has food allergies too -I’d love to hear any tips/observations you have on this after you come home

My son has food allergies too -I’d love to hear any tips/observations you have on this after you come home

I'm happy to report back after we are there. I called the resort last week and spoke with Savannah at Tide Me Over. She was very nice and went over the food options my son would have. He has gluten and dairy allergies. Their menu isn't huge, but he will be able to have Mickey waffles with bacon, hamburger, hotdog and fries, so he will be happy :)

no lines to speak of at all at the quick service at resort that I’ve noticed. At the resort quick service you order and they give you a number and you go downstairs at the tables to wait for your order. The upstairs tables have been removed. At the beach house quick service there was a long line at about 2:30 when everyone went for last minute food and drinks bc they close at 3 but other than that there were almost never lines. They also give you a number and bring your order to you anywhere on the pool deck.

Today I did the resort nature walk with my girls. You have to sign up ahead of time but no charge and we were actually the only people on the tour. It was nice- just a walk around the resort and marsh. We did a dolphin tour with Captain Mark’s which is in the marina so just a short walk. It is a larger boat than the others but they had social distancing in place and was nice and was $84 for the 5 of us for 90 min tour so not bad price at all. We ate dinner at San Miguel’s right there in the marina and they had no wait and ample outdoor seating and huge portions and delicious (next time I would split an entree bc so much food!)
95E0B5D0-7C63-46E8-A27A-C7DE5CDDABC6.jpeg055D589A-8800-4B44-B1A6-F06E10D5CC94.png

Generally, the lines aren't long as HHI proper has many options for dining, so not everyone goes to the QS window. You put in your order, then you head downstairs to where the shuffleboard area used to be to wait for your food, and CM will call our your name and bring it to you when ready. pirate:

Generally, the lines aren't long as HHI proper has many options for dining, so not everyone goes to the QS window. You put in your order, then you head downstairs to where the shuffleboard area used to be to wait for your food, and CM will call our your name and bring it to you when ready. pirate:

Do they still have the picnic tables on the porch where you can sit and eat? Also, do they have the seats (with the Mickey bases) on the porch outside Tide Me Over?

Do they still have the picnic tables on the porch where you can sit and eat? Also, do they have the seats (with the Mickey bases) on the porch outside Tide Me Over?
No to both. Everything top side by Tide Me Over has been removed. You can still stand at the railing and look over the pool, the south end buildings, or toward the pier; however, there is no seating available up there. There are tables just down the stairs from TMO where the shuffleboard area was. That area also serves as the waiting area for your meal once you've ordered from TMO.

We thought Tide me Over was surprisingly good. One day we had the blackened Mahi sandwiches which were delicious. Our son enjoyed his Mickey Waffles and we all loved the beignets. We didn't encounter more than a couple of people in line and the wait for food was short - 10 minutes a most.

After reading it recommended here, we tried the Social Bakery across the bridge a couple of times. Wow, is that place terrific! It's a great place to pick up a quick pastry and coffee in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts