HHI LOVERS THREAD

We love HHI and the Disney resort there. We have not been there for a few years, are blue and Shadow still there?

They have the best CM, resort activities and camp fire My kids still hum their songs at the camp fire sometimes

The first time we went, they still had the Beach House private dinner hosted by the chef. We did that and it was one of the best experiences we had at Disney.

We go in the summer time so the HHI points are crucial to make a reservation there.

We love HHI and the Disney resort there. We have not been there for a few years, are blue and Shadow still there?

Yes, both Bleu and Shadow are there. Last time we went (in December) they were outside the main lobby greeting guests on Sunday as well as at other times. Even though the resort is over 20 yo, Shadow lives forever, kind of like Santa Clause!

They have the best CM, resort activities and camp fire My kids still hum their songs at the camp fire sometimes

The first time we went, they still had the Beach House private dinner hosted by the chef. We did that and it was one of the best experiences we had at Disney.

We go in the summer time so the HHI points are crucial to make a reservation there.

Do you know if Disney HH still offers the Beach House private dinner?

No, that was many years ago. They stopped the event. Not sure why. It was AWESOME!!!

We are headed to HHI next month. It will be our 4th visit, but it will be the first time not during the summer. For those of you who have been there in cooler months, what are your favorite activities?

Do you know if Disney HH still offers the Beach House private dinner?

Unfortunately, they stopped it specifically in 2005. We were lucky enough to do it, we were one of the last, if not the last to experience it. For years after that, Chef Gordon (the Chef) did no culinary events, just working in the Mercantile. However, just recently he's started a wine tasting, and a couple of months ago, he started a coffee tasting seminar. So there's always hope!

Unfortunately, they stopped it specifically in 2005. We were lucky enough to do it, we were one of the last, if not the last to experience it. For years after that, Chef Gordon (the Chef) did no culinary events, just working in the Mercantile. However, just recently he's started a wine tasting, and a couple of months ago, he started a coffee tasting seminar. So there's always hope!

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I might taste some wine. Thanks for this update.

Has anyone gone to the TikiHut beach bar down the road a bit from the Disney resort?

I originally bought 150 Hilton Head points thinking I would go there occasionally but mainly use them for Walt Disney World. Very quickly I realized I loved it there and now use all of those points at Hilton Head. I bought other contracts to go to the other DVC resorts!

I just asked this in another thread, but I'll add it here, too. We were not able to get in to the resort, but is it possible to still use the beach house if we bring our membership card? I'm assuming the answer is no, but it would be nice to be able to stop and eat lunch/get a dole whip or something.

Is it possible to rent bikes for the length of stay? Any place for off-site rentals? We are looking at May 2019. HHI is our home resort since 2001 and it will be our first trip, provided I can convince the college age "kids" it will be a great place for a trip (they were holding out for Aulani but it's just too expensive).

Is it possible to rent bikes for the length of stay? Any place for off-site rentals? We are looking at May 2019. HHI is our home resort since 2001 and it will be our first trip, provided I can convince the college age "kids" it will be a great place for a trip (they were holding out for Aulani but it's just too expensive).
$36 for length of stay for DVC members

$36 for length of stay for DVC members

Thank you KristiMc! Is it recommended to bring a bike lock?

One more question if I may? We'd be there the second week in May, is it necessary to plan everything ahead or can we just wing it when we get there? Boat trip, golf, dining?

Thank you KristiMc! Is it recommended to bring a bike lock?

One more question if I may? We'd be there the second week in May, is it necessary to plan everything ahead or can we just wing it when we get there? Boat trip, golf, dining?
Bike lock, helmet and basket are included. Activities through the resort you book when you are there.

What's ironic is that, at least when we were there, the length of stay rate is no more than the rate for 2 individual days. So if you're staying for a week, and it might rain one or two days, go ahead and get the length of stay rental anyways!

As for the dining and golfing, it depends on your flexibility. With so many places to eat and golf, there is always some place to try without worrying over reservations. That being said, if there are particular places you wish to dine (or golf), then by all means make them early. For example, some of the best food on the island is OMBRA Cucina located just a couple of miles down the main drag. It routinely wins Best Of awards at HHI and is a small place in a nondescript shopping village--a place such as that I would definitely recommend reserving. As for golf, most of the courses have reduced rates and open tee times for the afternoon due to the heat.

How many nights would you recommend? I think we will have 6 or 7 nights to stay. Not sure if it's worth it to fly in/out of Savannah or Charleston and spend some time in one of those cities.

A 3 night Vero Beach stay is about enough beach time for us, but I have get the feeling HH is very different from VB.

Well, we stay for about 10-12 days at HHI, and that's not too long for us. However, we're just two adults-one's an avid golfer, the other a bird watcher-I'll admit that it's probably different if you have young ones with you.

How many nights would you recommend? I think we will have 6 or 7 nights to stay. Not sure if it's worth it to fly in/out of Savannah or Charleston and spend some time in one of those cities.

A 3 night Vero Beach stay is about enough beach time for us, but I have get the feeling HH is very different from VB.

cruisin5 stay as many days as you can find availability! Our home resort is AKL so we have to book at 7 months. We usually get three days tops. We got 4 this year! Looking at getting a resale we love HH Disney. Should have bought 4 years ago when it was 50 bucks a point.

The Savannah/Hilton Head airport is less than an hour drive from the resort. Charleston is about 2 1/2 hours. Both cities offer some great glimpses of the old south with LOTS of historical sites and areas to visit. There is also plenty to do while at Hilton Head once you get a sense of where everything is located. Bike trails are plentiful, lots of water related activities are available from the Disney resort area, nearby shopping, and dining. There are some historic areas. The local Coastal Discovery Museum offers lots of great activities for children and families. The Coastal Carolina Art Center is about 400 yards from the resort and offers an Art Gallery and theatrical presentations (both dramatic and musical) throughout the year.

Enjoy! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts