HHI LOVERS THREAD

I absolutely love Disney's Hilton Head resort..as well as Hilton Head in general. The DVC resort sits on it's own small island, so the atmosphere of the resort is serine with all kinds of nature, water ways, and marsh lands to observe. The wildlife and birds that cruise by the resort are fun to watch. There are all kinds of activities for families and children to enjoy. The fresh baked cookies in the lobby is a nice touch...what's not to love.

If you haven't been to Hilton Head and you are reading this post....GO. Book a vacation or a 4 day get away and check it out. The restaurants, shopping, bike trails, the beach, golfing, fishing....it's just such a wonderful place to relax and enjoy family time.
What is HH like end of February? It would be for 2021 me, DH and DD who will be 8 at the time. Do we need to rent a car? Besides the pool, what access is there to the ocean..and I am sure it is too cold to swim in the ocean. Just looking for something a little different for our next winter getaway. Do they have kayak rentals? Thanks!

What is HH like end of February? It would be for 2021 me, DH and DD who will be 8 at the time. Do we need to rent a car? Besides the pool, what access is there to the ocean..and I am sure it is too cold to swim in the ocean. Just looking for something a little different for our next winter getaway. Do they have kayak rentals? Thanks!
Though mild, it's still chilly, averaging around 60-62F--obviously, some days might be warmer, some cooler. Though the shuttle to the Beach House is easy and frequent, and though there are activities around the main resort, I would still rent a car since it allows you access to the many other amenities on the island such as dining, shopping, et. al.

What is the best way to get from Burlington VT to Disney HH for flights? Do we need to rent a car to drive to the resort?

Though mild, it's still chilly, averaging around 60-62F--obviously, some days might be warmer, some cooler. Though the shuttle to the Beach House is easy and frequent, and though there are activities around the main resort, I would still rent a car since it allows you access to the many other amenities on the island such as dining, shopping, et. al.
The one time we went at the end of February, it was cold, miserable, windy and rainy all week. Did we have a good time? Most definitely! Also, what was strange was the variety of people who said "You should have been here last week-it was in the 80s."

What is the best way to get from Burlington VT to Disney HH for flights? Do we need to rent a car to drive to the resort?

Flying historically is very expensive to fly to visit HHI. Your options would be either fly into the airport in Hilton Head or Savannah GA. Delta I know services both locations from VT. The cost is normally about twice flying into Hilton Head directly rather than Savannah. Either way you will need alternate transportation to get from either airport to the resort. Good Luck.

We have done most of our HHI stays after a WDW stay. We rent a car at MCO. We’ve done it as a couple, and I’ve done it with a friend.

Is there a Savannah day tour from the resort? Would prefer not to drive there.
I doubt it. However, it’s really not a bad drive at all. I thought it would be more complicated and take longer than it did, and it was quite an interesting, scenic route. Once you get to Savannah, there are trolley tours that will take you around the whole city. One tour company’s parking lot was literally right off the exit to downtown so you didn’t have to really drive in the city.

We want to stay in a 2 bedroom the second week of June 2020, Sunday through Friday. What are the chances of getting a reservation at 7 months?

In my experience, slim. Not impossible, but a tough get. You might have to do a waitlist and stalk the reservation system every day and then hopefully piece together your trip.

Original Skull Creek is still tops in our book; Skull Creek Dockside has nice location but we found the service and food a bit less endearing.

You may have tried all these but our favorites are Poseidon, Skull Creek Boathouse, Old Oyster Factory, Santa Fe Cafe, Charlie’s Etoile Vert, Chow Daddy’s, One Hot Mama’s, Reilley’s, Philly’s (for subs), Quarterdeck, CharBar, Coast at the Sea Pines beach club, San Miguel’s.

ETA: Oops @hayesdvc, I forgot to quote you in my response and I can’t add it :)

The owner of the former Steamer Seafood owns a restaurant here in our city. We spoke to him Sunday, and he said he is hoping to reopen his restaurant this fall. It has been closed since Hurricane Michael.

Also, can anyone tell me about Fishcamp on Broad Creek? We are thinking of trying it out this fall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter