HHI First Trip Report 5-26-12

Enjoy your stay....we are going in August..and driving from NJ.

I am looking forward to your report...:thumbsup2

We got here at 12:00. Room was ready. We got a 2nd floor 1 bedroom. Partial marsh view/ partial garbage dumpster view. We ate at Marleys. Food average and overpriced. Getting some subs at Publix for dinner. Pool was not busy. Room is very clean and spacious.

Hot tub was nice and kiddie pool was nice. The main pool was full of sunscreen. Heading to the beach tommorrow.

We are having a nice time.

Well, I am sick in the room for the last hour. Not sure if I caught the flu or food poisoning. So far, I am the only one. Hope it stays that way!

Argh. Frustrated!

Felt much better this morning. Went to the beach. Tropical storm made it too windy for me and my 8 month old so we went to the pool. Dad took our 7 year old to the ocean. They had so much fun, but the yellow caution signs were up. The pool at the beach house was nice. Parking was not a problem, but we went at 8am.

glad you are feeling better. How's the weather? i'm watching to see what happens. since we are in Atlanta, we will get something from it no matter what.

It rained for about 10 minutes and was very windy. Mostly sunny and 85 degrees.

We got BBQ from one hot mamas. Was not very good. Going to cook the rest of the trip. Tired of expensive mediocre food.

Did the s'mores by the camp fire. That was fun. Nice breeze and no Mosquitos.

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I did read it was extremely windy yesterday (due to the storm coming) - enjoy your day today.

Wanted to add some details. We did online checkin. We did technically get both room requests- top floor, marsh view. Next visit, will get a 2 bedroom and ask for a certain building. I don't know if asking to be away from the trash dumpster is a room request. We were tired so glad any room was ready.

There was no high chair in the room. I called down and 5 minutes later max, they brought it to the room. We cleaned it as it was filthy.

They brought us balloons and pins for our anniversary. That was a nice touch. They also put your names and happy anniversary on the tv. My son said we are rich and famous. Too funny!

The pool at the beach house felt about 10 degrees cooler than the resort pool and it is smaller.

Walked on the pier. It was like a wind tunnel. Lots of pretty birds.

Son loved shuffleboard and s'mores! The playground is very nice. Has the soft squishy floor for safety.

Most of the staff has been nice. My son ran into one grouchy mouse keeper.

I am glad you are having a nice time...

...too bad about the impending storm and rain....Hope you have fun the rest of your stay...

We are going in August, but my 3 boys are 12, 14 and 18, so it will be a different experience. Our first stay...:)

glad to hear that Beryl hasn't affected your trip too much so far. Have fun for the rest of your trip.

loving the trip report. Any chance you can let us know how much it is to rent beach chair and umbrellas?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!