HH Or Vero

Happy99

DIS Veteran
our DS has off from school the first week of November and we are thinking of heading either to HH or Vero for five or six nights. There is availability at both right now

If we go to HH we will probably drive (12 hours) if Vero we will fly and rent a car.

Since this is November which locations do you all think would be better weather and activity wise? I know weather can always change I am just looking for opinions based on others that have been there at this time of year.

If we drive what would be a good place to stop about half way to HH from NY / NJ area? DH won't drive the full way

HH might be too cold to swim in the ocean.

vb should still be warm enough.

both have activities

We have an 8 year old son who is super active and loves the beach! We have stayed at both VB and HH. Ocean beach at HH is a shuttle bus drive (or drive away). HH Location features a beach house with a pool and small QS restaurant. No nicer places to eat at the resort. We arrived exhausted at mid afternoon and had to go back out for food. I felt the kids activities were limited as well. We Loved VB on the other hand. The ocean is on property and steps away. Great paces to eat, one had a terrific seafood buffet and prate versions of Goofy and Donald. Wonderful activities some with a nominal charge. My son made a shark tooth necklace, tie dye t shirt, took a learn to fish class. We lounged by the pool while he played pool games and enjoyed the slide. We went to a family bonfire...I had a massage at the spa....loved it so much we are going back in August!

We have an 8 year old son who is super active and loves the beach! We have stayed at both VB and HH. Ocean beach at HH is a shuttle bus drive (or drive away). HH Location features a beach house with a pool and small QS restaurant. No nicer places to eat at the resort. We arrived exhausted at mid afternoon and had to go back out for food. I felt the kids activities were limited as well. We Loved VB on the other hand. The ocean is on property and steps away. Great paces to eat, one had a terrific seafood buffet and prate versions of Goofy and Donald. Wonderful activities some with a nominal charge. My son made a shark tooth necklace, tie dye t shirt, took a learn to fish class. We lounged by the pool while he played pool games and enjoyed the slide. We went to a family bonfire...I had a massage at the spa....loved it so much we are going back in August!

Thanks for the great feedback. Makes me really, really want to take a trip to VB !!

Thanks

DS is 16. We were thinking if we went to HH we can also take a day to go to Savannah. will the pool be open and heated in Nov at HH?

Time to look at airfare to see if it is more than we want to spend and that may help make the decision on which we will go with

Thanks

DS is 16. We were thinking if we went to HH we can also take a day to go to Savannah. will the pool be open and heated in Nov at HH?

Time to look at airfare to see if it is more than we want to spend and that may help make the decision on which we will go with

Yes, the pool is open and heated in November. We've gone to HHI the last 7 Novembers (soon to be 8). Weather has varied between this (80s)-

And this (and that's ice on the railing)-

Yes, it varies, but I think weather warm enough to swim is less likely than cold weather. Don't count on swimming!

Thanks

definitely heated - it was warmer than WDW pools a few years ago. need to go back it has been a while.

I have been to both resorts - but not during November. I also have a 16 yo. DS. We drive from Boston - and usually stop around Fayetteville NC. Lots of chain hotels and restaurants. It's about a 14 hour drive for us to that point.

VB has onsite dining, but to get to any other restaurant is a drive of at least 20 minutes. HH has really no onsite dining - but within a 5 minute walk there are several, and a quick drive to 100's.

VB is right on the water, but DH and DS are extremely strong swimmers and were in the water barely 3 minutes before struggling back to shore due to the rip tide - soon after the flags went up. HH beach is very flat and I have never seen the water that rough. But there were a lot of jelly fish one year at HH in Early August - several in my group were stung.

We really liked VB and will be back - but our hearts belong at HH.

Janis

VB is right on the water, but DH and DS are extremely strong swimmers and were in the water barely 3 minutes before struggling back to shore due to the rip tide - soon after the flags went up.

We really liked VB and will be back - but our hearts belong at HH.

Janis

What time of year did you go to VB with the rip tides?

They are both really great resorts! For a short 4 days or less trip I vote for VB since the beach is right there and the resort has a number of nice amenities including, Spa treatments, and a host of kid activities. Plenty of restaurant options are on site as well, so if you want everything in one place its hard to pass on VB. On the other hand, their is not much to not like about HHI! It too is a wonderful resort, though not as convenient as VB to the beach. However, you can ride your bikes on the beach at HHI and ride your bikes to a number of activities around HHI. The beach house is very nice and we enjoyed being able to go from the ocean to the pool. In addition to the resort you can make a day trip to Savanna and enjoy that whole region in and around HHI. Certainly if you plan to play golf HHI is the place! You're not going to be disappointed either way!

What time of year did you go to VB with the rip tides?

August, are rip tides seasonal??

I remember coming home and posting pictures of VB and about 2 or 3 months later someone else posted the exact same angle of the beach and it was shocking how much erosion had occurred in that short amount of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter