Hey screeching frogs, are you calling Tiana or just irritating us! Complete! New TR link 12/2!

Day 6, part 2, Hitting a wall at Epcot!

Hello Everyone

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week. I have a day off and it is misting and yucky outside so on with the show! I can't believe it is the middle of October and our Thanksgiving trip to WDW is coming up quickly,yikes! Writing this TR, is making the time fly and keeping me in the Disney mood for our next trip!

When I left off, Andi and I went back up to our room for a little air conditioning and changed our clothes for Epcot! We didn't make the same mistake as our first Epcot trip, we walked to the TTC and went through security and got on the monorail. Did I mention it was hot? Well I will again, lol, today was the hottest day of our trip. This was the feel like temp as we got in line AGAIN for security at Epcot.
IMG_1121.jpg
We headed in to Epcot through the AP line, every time we used this line, people were in it and had no idea it was for AP holders:confused3 the big AP sign didn't give them a clue, oh well!

Our first stop was the Visa meet and greet, we got right in, really only one group was in front of us and they were already in with the characters. We met Goofy and Mickey, this was a fun meet, they were really excited to meet us and gave great hugs.
IMG_1161.JPG
We switched our character Spot FP again since we just met two of the characters from there to the Pixar shorts, we really didn't need a FP for this, we walked right in after the pre show and enjoyed the shorts in the wonderful cool theater. We had never done this before so another first for us!

We decided to try some F&W treats, we were closest to the Flavors from Fire booth so I ordered the Smoked corned beef with warm crispy potatoes, pickled onions, and Blonde ale beer fondue. I had read some reviews on this from the F&W preview here on the dining board. I thought this was tasty, however, sitting out for awhile does this item no favors! The cheese was clumped all together with the corned beef, it was a big ball so it was hard to eat and lost some points for this. Andi did not like it at all so she really only had one taste.
IMG_1838.JPG

We went into the Light lab, this was a cool little area, however we didn't try anything so we went out and headed into Club Cool! We enjoy the Inca kola, Bibo, and Sparletta so thirsts quenched it was on to the Festival Center to pick up our AP pins for F&W.

It was fun looking around the center, I could not find an AP t-shirt for F&W anywhere. I don't know if I just missed it somewhere but I would have liked one with Figment on it with AP as well. We looked at the chocolate sculptures and had samples of the Ghiradelli chocolates. We found our pins, the pins had Remy with the Eiffel Tower. Here is where we became very bad F&W goers. The heat was getting to us and we just were not feeling walking around the booths and trying to eat in the scorching, surface of the sun heat so we didn't. F&W was a bust for us, we only tried the one item lol!

We did get some fun pictures and continued on to do our other FP, we had SE and TT.
IMG_1160.JPG IMG_1157.JPG IMG_1137.JPG

I love SE, it is an all time fave attraction of mine in all of WDW. The smell of Rome burning can't be beat. :offtopic: A little here but the scene with the African-American woman in the big IBM computer room has a whole new meaning to us now. We had recently watched Hidden Figures. This is a great movie, I highly recommend it. The movie is based on the NASA program in the early 1960's and three African-American women who were brilliant with numbers and worked for NASA and were actually called colored computers back then. These women were amazing and this scene in SE could be right out of the movie! Disney knew more than I did how these women were a big part of communication! So this fun area on SE has some legitimate history attached to it, at least to us it does:worship: anyways, back to enjoying one of my favorite rides.

Mission: Space green was next, we wanted to try the newly redesigned scenes. I will not ride orange and never will after we did the Future World tour and learned more about the Gforce on this ride:sick: No Thanks! We were the only two people in the green area, it was okay but I like the old version better. You circle over the world and it is a little boring in my opinion.

Next up was our last FP for TT, it was actually running:jumping3: so this was great, this ride is down a lot so you never now. We had a fun ride on TT and we were so ready to head out of the heat. We definitely hit a wall, we never even made it into WS, ugh!
IMG_1159.JPG

We took the monorail over to GF to check out the QS area here, we didn't end up getting any dinner here, I did get a famous cream cheese danish to enjoy with my coffee in the morning. The Poly didn't have them boo! We walked back to the Poly and we were super boring I got the all beef hot dog meal and Andi had the kids chicken nugget meal, what a far cry from the exotic treats at F&W, oh well, I really enjoyed my hot dog meal and Andi loves Disney nuggets so all was good.
IMG_0954.JPG IMG_1846.JPG

I ate my Sprinkles cupcake for dessert, it was very good but not earth shattering. Andi snacked on Halloween candy for her dessert.
IMG_1115.JPG

It started to storm around 9:00pm and it was so fierce, I have never heard thunder like that, I though for sure the power would go out, it didn't but guess who started screeching again after the storm, oh yes the frogs! I was glad we were tucked in our room when that storm came through!

We fell asleep to frogs, rain, and thunder! Day 6 was now in the books!

Stay tuned for Day 7, EMH at MK, a wonderful Dis meet, and AK in the afternoon!

Cute picture with Goofy & Mickey!

I think we all hit that wall at some point during a trip. But at least you got on some rides at Epcot! And good thing you were back inside before the storm hit that night!

I walked around some of the other shops by Sephora while Andi had her makeover. The session took about an hour, the deal here is the makeover is "free" as long as you buy $50.00 worth of products there. Well, this was of course very easy as I love makeup and skin care products so $110.00 later we were heading out of Sephora. We were very happy with the makeover.
img_0956-jpg.275860
Wow, that is a great deal! I had no idea Sephora did anything like that. I generally only buy stuff online so I miss all this fun stuff!

img_1829-jpg.275842
img_1831-jpg.275839

We found a nice spot to sit and the waitress brought out our meal. I really enjoyed this pizza it was delicious and fresh. The chicken meatballs were so good. Andi thought it was good but not great:confused3. The fries were fresh and tasty, no complaints here. I am so glad we finally tried this place. We did have some leftover pizza so we took this with.
Yum! Looks and sounds great. Did you all end up doing Homecoming at all?

We freshened up in the room and went down to the lobby to meet Willy for the photo session. Willy was a very nice young man and he was able to get some really nice pictures of Andi. The cost was so reasonable, we would have paid 10x as much for a session in our hometown so this was so worth it! Here our a few of our favorites.
What amazing pictures!!!!!! Andi looks awesome.

It was fun looking around the center, I could not find an AP t-shirt for F&W anywhere. I don't know if I just missed it somewhere but I would have liked one with Figment on it with AP as well. We looked at the chocolate sculptures and had samples of the Ghiradelli chocolates. We found our pins, the pins had Remy with the Eiffel Tower. Here is where we became very bad F&W goers. The heat was getting to us and we just were not feeling walking around the booths and trying to eat in the scorching, surface of the sun heat so we didn't. F&W was a bust for us, we only tried the one item lol!

Ugh…I'm surprised anyone can eat that stuff when it's 100 degrees :crazy2: I'm praying that it's cooler for us in a couple weeks…I really want to try some of those snacks!

what a far cry from the exotic treats at F&W, oh well, I really enjoyed my hot dog meal and Andi loves Disney nuggets so all was good.

Everything tastes better in air conditioning!

A little here but the scene with the African-American woman in the big IBM computer room has a whole new meaning to us now. We had recently watched Hidden Figures. This is a great movie, I highly recommend it. The movie is based on the NASA program in the early 1960's and three African-American women who were brilliant with numbers and worked for NASA and were actually called colored computers back then. These women were amazing and this scene in SE could be right out of the movie! Disney knew more than I did how these women were a big part of communication! So this fun area on SE has some legitimate history attached to it, at least to us it does:worship: anyways, back to enjoying one of my favorite rides.
So interesting that you mentioned "Hidden Figures" as we just watched it a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it as well. I will definitely look at SE in a new light now!

Too bad about the heat getting in the way of enjoying F&W but at least you got to enjoy a few rides and a little resort hopping before the storm.

Our first stop was the Visa meet and greet
Yay! I forgot to do that on my August trip :sad2:

F&W was a bust for us, we only tried the one item lol!
:laughing: Always next time though :thumbsup2

I love SE, it is an all time fave attraction of mine in all of WDW.
Same with me :goodvibes

We were the only two people in the green area, it was okay but I like the old version better. You circle over the world and it is a little boring in my opinion.
I wanted to try this, but the line was ridiculous and I wasn't sure it'd be worth the wait. Guess I was right!

Next up was our last FP for TT, it was actually running:jumping3: so this was great, this ride is down a lot so you never now.
Wow, actually running?! :rotfl:

what a far cry from the exotic treats at F&W
:rotfl: At least they were both yummy!

I fell a little behind, but all caught up now!

You win some and lose some right @ariane37, I really should have boozed some at this point lol!
lol you should have! After reading this review I don't feel bad that I cancelled our PF dinner back in August to fit in Narcoossee's, especially since our meal there was out of this world :cloud9:

We decided on the chicken meatball pizza, this pizza has mushrooms, red onion, and ricott
That looks delicious! It's been awhile since we've eaten at WPE but in the past we've enjoyed it. I never tried their pizza though!

We headed in to Epcot through the AP line, every time we used this line, people were in it and had no idea it was for AP holders:confused3 the big AP sign didn't give them a clue, oh well!
Ugh, right? I've found that, too. And so it sometimes makes going to the non-AP line quicker :rolleyes:

Is saw some of Andi's pics on FB, they came out lovely!

Cute picture with Goofy & Mickey!

I think we all hit that wall at some point during a trip. But at least you got on some rides at Epcot! And good thing you were back inside before the storm hit that night!
I love the Visa meet and greet, we always have a good character experience

I think the heat had a lot to do with not feeling F&W this year, I was glad we were back in our room, the storm was a big one!

Wow, that is a great deal! I had no idea Sephora did anything like that. I generally only buy stuff online so I miss all this fun stuff!

Yum! Looks and sounds great. Did you all end up doing Homecoming at all?

What amazing pictures!!!!!! Andi looks awesome.
Sephora was a great idea, of course Andi thought of this, I didn't realize that was an option either.

WPE was really good for the price, we never did go to Homecoming, maybe in November, we are staying at FQ so hope to check out DS a little more that trip!

Thank you, we are really happy with the pictures, now if I could get her to look like that once in awhile, instead of sweats! Ha ha!

Bummer

Cute shirt

LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture

Can't blame you for not wanting to eat in that heat.
Thank you, I really like the Cinderella tank, it is so comfy!
The picture with the flowers is my favorite as well
The heat really put a damper on eating around the world for sure!

Ugh…I'm surprised anyone can eat that stuff when it's 100 degrees :crazy2: I'm praying that it's cooler for us in a couple weeks…I really want to try some of those snacks!

Everything tastes better in air conditioning!
I'm sure it will be more comfortable temps for your F&W trip, the heat was oppressive that afternoon ugh! I really wanted to try several different booths but not in that heat!

The hot dog and fries was delicious in the cool room, ha!

So interesting that you mentioned "Hidden Figures" as we just watched it a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it as well. I will definitely look at SE in a new light now!

Too bad about the heat getting in the way of enjoying F&W but at least you got to enjoy a few rides and a little resort hopping before the storm.
I am sure the scene in SE has nothing to do with those amazing women but like you, Andi and I looked at it in a whole new light! Andi has answered so many trivia questions at school because of this ride and her teachers are always asking her how did you know that and she lets them know SE at Epcot lol!

I really wish I would have wanted to eat more in the heat lol, just wasn't happening that day! The storm was so loud, I was glad we were back in the room!

Yay! I forgot to do that on my August trip :sad2:

:laughing: Always next time though :thumbsup2

Same with me :goodvibes

I wanted to try this, but the line was ridiculous and I wasn't sure it'd be worth the wait. Guess I was right!

Wow, actually running?! :rotfl:

:rotfl: At least they were both yummy!
The Visa meet and greet is always a good choice, the hours are a little different so sometimes we are not there at the right time or we forget too!
SE is such a wonderful ride for sure!
I was not impressed with the new green side of Mission, oh well, I also like the old TT and Soarin better!
TT sure is down a lot.
The food was yummy in the cool room with Disney programs on the TV!

I fell a little behind, but all caught up now!

lol you should have! After reading this review I don't feel bad that I cancelled our PF dinner back in August to fit in Narcoossee's, especially since our meal there was out of this world :cloud9:

That looks delicious! It's been awhile since we've eaten at WPE but in the past we've enjoyed it. I never tried their pizza though!

Ugh, right? I've found that, too. And so it sometimes makes going to the non-AP line quicker :rolleyes:

Is saw some of Andi's pics on FB, they came out lovely!
Hi Ariane
Thanks for coming back to read
You made the right choice in Narcoosses over 1900, no comparison, your meal there looked awesome!
WPE was really good, it was our first time trying it.
I agree the AP line sometime was not the best choice so we used regular line and way quicker!
Thank you, yes I put some on FB and we are so happy with the photos! I liked your Instagram page and follow you good luck on your contest!

Hi Everyone,

Before I get started on Day 7 here is a run down of our dining costs on Day 6

Cream cheese Danish= $3.90
WPE= $19.17
F&W Flavor by Fire =$5.00
Captain Cooks =$18.09 so well under our $100.00 budget for food:thumbsup2

On with the show! Day 7. Part 1. Flying with Peter Pan and Dis friends!

Today was Friday 9/1/17 and MK had EMH at 8:00am. We were up and ready to go before 7:30. We headed to the Poly monorail station and were in MK quite quickly. We got in line and waited for the opening. While we were waiting, I was texting with @AliceNDinah because she was also in line for EMH with her husband and son.

I let her know we were heading to Peter Pan first and she thought they would do the same so we described what we were wearing and hoped to see each other there. Andi and I got to Peter Pan pretty quickly and we were almost on the ride when I heard hello and there was Dana and family coming in the line. We waved and said hi but couldn't really talk much because the CM was telling Andi and I to get on the ride now! We had a great flight with Peter and friends, I love this ride so much, it really makes me feel like a kid again! Andi is very Luke warm to this ride but knows how much her mom loves it so she is always game to ride.
IMG_1153.JPG

We decided to wait at the exit area to have a proper meet up with Dana and her family.
Soon, they were done with their Peter Pan adventure! We talked for a little about our trips and how much fun we all were having at WDW. Dana was so bubbly and excited about her trip it was contagious! We got a few pictures, I will post one of her and I. It was so nice to meet you @AliceNDinah! Thanks for visiting with us for a few minutes, your husband and son were delightful as well! I hope you all get back to WDW sooner than later!!
IMG_1123.JPG

Andi and I headed to Tomorrow land after our Dis meet and we rode Buzz and Peoplemover. We then wandered to the Castle area and watched some of the Welcome Show before we went on HM. Our main goal for EMH was Peter Pan so we were actually ready to head out of the park for some breakfast at Captain Cook's. We did stop and watch the Trolley show and bought some popcorn at the cart close to MK entrance with our refillable popcorn bucket. Unfortunately, the popcorn was stale ugh! It must have been left over from the night before, not cool popcorn guy! Lol!
IMG_1150.JPG IMG_1125.JPGIMG_1221.JPG

We took the boat back to the Poly and it was a nice relaxing ride. We went to Captain Cook's to order the Tonga Toast breakfast. We shared, it came with bacon. It was really good, however at the QS you don't get the Strawberry Compote with it. It is served with maple syrup. After enjoying the breakfast, we headed to the room for a little rest and our room was already clean! Thanks awesome mouse keepers! We put our feet up for a siesta! We had a quick morning in MK but really enjoyed it.
IMG_1130.JPG IMG_1201.JPG IMG_1132.JPG IMG_1133.JPG IMG_1134.JPG

Stay tuned for Day 7, Part 2 at AK, Oh no don't take that bus!!

Last edited:
Oh great post, yay! It was so nice meeting you and Andi too, so fun to actually meet in person someone who you've only seen. You two are like big stars, ha ha. It was honor to meet you both!!! Very fun TR, it's fun reliving the trip!
UGH about the stale popcorn :( I had the Tonga Toast as well, at the Poly---soooo good. I had it at the Kona cafe, love that strawberry compote! Again, this is so fun to read, you two are so nice and it was great seeing you live and in person. You are so lucky to be making another fairly soon trip!!!!!
We will have to try and get back too, I just love it down there. (As you might know, ha, I've only said that about a million times on here!):yay:

We had a great flight with Peter and friends, I love this ride so much, it really makes me feel like a kid again!
I love PP, too! It's just so darn nostalgic and makes me feel like a kid again, too :cloud9:

We decided to wait at the exit area to have a proper meet up with Dana and her family.
How fun! Dismeets are the best, aren't they!? :hug:

We went to Captain Cook's to order the Tonga Toast breakfast.
YUM!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter