"Hey Look, It's a Goat!" Baby's 1st WDW Trip/Little Sister's Grad Trip! (6/12) *5/8*

Elleshoodat said:
I'm here! It looks like you had a ton of fun at your reunion. It almost makes me wish I had gone to my 10-year. ;)

DS gets thrown off his schedule when we're traveling, too. Hopefully Hannah was able to settle down once y'all got to Disney World!

Yay! Welcome welcome! Hannah did settle in pretty well once we got there, thankfully. This was the first big trip, so I was UBEr-nervous about it!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

PixieMama said:
UGH, migraines. I wouldn't wish one of those on anybody.

I think you made it to your condo in great time! And it doesn't sound like the car ride was all that bad... just bummer your hubby wasn't feeling well.

I hear ya! I am honestly just thankful (if that is the right word) that I had my migraine meds. I take a daily preventative medicine for mine, and then have one for when I get them too. So, I was just glad we had something else to give him, since we had already been through ibuprofen, Tylenol, naproxen, and exceeding migraine! We were quickly running out of options!

I was pretty impressed with our time too. Nashville to Orlando in just over 12 hours with a baby? Not too shabby!

I'm still here! Our Internet has been down for about a week (dumb AT&T...) so I've been trying to conserve my data on my phone for vital services (email, Facebook, etc... When did Facebook become vital, sigh). Anyhow, I'm doing LOTS of catching up, especially since I'm in full on 1st birthday party planning mode EEK! Hopefully, I'll have an update out soon!

Hannah is so adorable!! I can relate to the separation anxiety around that age after raising 5 kids lol Sorry to hear your hubby had such a bad headache - hope he felt better the next morning and everything goes smoothly for your MK day!

Sounds as if the car ride wasn't too bad-except for DH not feeling too well.

Can't wait to hear about your MK day! :)

Your little one is about the same age as my little one. Glad to see Disney can be done at this age

"Hey Look, It's A Goat!" - June 4, 2012 - MK Day!

Thankfully, everyone slept well after our long day of traveling! Well, everyone but me! But, that didn't stop me from getting up early! I woke up at 6:30 to get a shower and pack the bags for the day. I got Cindy up at 6:45 so she could get a shower and get ready too. DH and DD were tired and slept until 7! But, we all got ready, had some bagels (oatmeal and fruit for the little one) and were at the TTC by 8:45, took the ferry over (the monorail was closed this morning?) and made it to the gates of the Magic Kingdom just after rope drop! Not too shabby for the day after a 12 hour drive and the first time with a 9month old in tow!

We headed down Main Street and we were all thrilled to be there and even though it was about time for DD's morning nap, she was still in awe of all of the sights, sounds and smells! Of course, this was now leisurely stroll down Main Street... We were on a mission! We headed straight to Splash Mtn! I know, it seems a little selfish to go straight to something DD couldn't do, but I knew she would be ready for a nap... And I was right! By the time we got to Frontierland, she was already snoozing! We picked up a Rider Swap Pass, but didn't need it, because there was no wait! Cindy and I rode first, then DH and Cindy. This is all of our favorite ride, so we were excited! It didn't disappoint, but the audio was a little off, so that was a little bit boo.

460d0982.jpg

Nap time in Frontierland!

After two rounds of Splash, DD had gotten in a decent nap, so we grabbed some FP's for BTMRR and headed over to Adventureland for DD's first ride: Alladian's Magic Carpet's! There was just a couple of minute wait and then we were off! DD rode with her Daddy and had a big time!

IMG_2249.jpg

Fun riding with Daddy!

IMG_2246.jpg

Big kids have fun too! Me and LS!

Next, it was off to one of Cindy's favorites... POTC! We all had a good time on this too. DD loved it!

IMG_2252.jpg

Little Bit was very excited about POTC!

When we came out, we saw this handsome fellow...
IMG_2256.jpg

It was getting pretty hot at this point, but it was time of our FP's for BTMRR. BTMRR isn't DH's favorite ride, so he sent Cindy and I off to ride, while he and DD went to pick up our favorite treats: DOLE WHIPS! We had been dreaming of them since, well, since the last bite of the last ones we had! And when I was pregnant with DD, I would have killed for one!

So, BTMRR is the FIRST place where the TR title comes from. And, it actually came about on our last trip, but it stuck around even more this time around! On BTMRR, there is a goat hanging out on a roof. We are always trying to notice the details in rides and the first time DH and I rode BTMRR together, I randomly pointed it out and said "Hey look, it's a goat!". Well, after that, we started noticing how many goats there are on rides in the World! It's kinda weird and there must be an Imagineer out there who loves goats! So keep and eye out for goats! (And I'll try to keep a "goat count" for you) As of now, our goat count is 2: BTMRR and POTC!

Next, we decided to head towards Liberty Square! We passed Frontier Donald (one of our fav's) but his line was a little long for the hot sun, so we headed on to another favorite... Haunted Mansion! We had been gearing up DD for this one! I play Subsonic radio for her on my phone in the mornings and it plays the entire ride of HM pretty often, so she was pretty familiar with the sounds of it. But, we also had gotten in e habit of calling her "HMG" (short of Haunted Mansion Girl), because when we would bounce her on our knee, she would start imitating the ghostly noises (and then laugh about it) It's pretty funny! DD rode with me and loved it! She was a big fan of rides!

When we came out, we saw that they had shut HM down, some were glad we went in when we did. It was getting really hot at this point, and we were starting to get hungry, but we decided to get one classic Fantasyland ride in before lunch. We HAD to get our little girl on IASW! Oddly enough, it was our longest wait of the day! We didn't wait more than 5 minutes for anything all morning, and then waited 20 min for IASW. But, it was COMPLETELY worth it! I have never seen DD so amazed! She literally "oooh'd and ahhh'd" the whole time. It was precious! We knew she'd been taking another ride on the happiest cruise to ever sail!

IMG_2273EDIT.jpg

IMG_2269.jpg

IMG_2270EDIT.jpg

IMG_2274.jpg

IMG_2267.jpg

Hey look, it's a goat!
Goat count: 3

After IASW, we knew it was time for some lunch. We decided on Columbia Harbour House. We enjoyed it last time, and it didn't disappoint this time either. DH and the lobster roll and chips, LS had chicken nuggets and fries and I had the fried fish and fries. Nothing fancy, but it hit the spot and it sure was cool in there! Plus, there were some super nice CM's in there who helped me get a high chair set up for DD while DH and LS were getting our food.

After lunch, DD fell asleep in her stroller and we decided to head back to the condo so we could all cool down and rest. It was a loooong walk back to the car and DD slept the whole way.

Next up, will we get any rest back at the condo? Will we make it back to the MK in the evening?

Wow, I'm impressed at what you were able to get done your first morning! And love the "goat count", LOL!

What a tired, sweet baby sleeping in her stroller!

Seems like you got quite a bit done that morning at MK. I love all the pics of baby Hannah oohing and aahing in IASW! :)

PixieMama said:
Wow, I'm impressed at what you were able to get done your first morning! And love the "goat count", LOL!

We were pretty impressed with ourselves! Haha! I think this was our most productive morning, but I was glad of it! We did even more than I had hoped, so yay for that!

I'm telling you, e goats are EVERYWHERE! :p

MHTeacher said:
What a tired, sweet baby sleeping in her stroller!

Seems like you got quite a bit done that morning at MK. I love all the pics of baby Hannah oohing and aahing in IASW! :)

Aw, thank you! She was tuckered out already! One thing we learned was that Hannah can (and will) sleep whenever, and wherever, needed: strollers, back carriers, shoulders, rides, lines, you name it, she slept! Thank goodness!

We did knock quite a bit out, especially with H in tow! And we loved seeing her love IASW. I could have ridden it all day with her. Seeing her so happy, I don't think the music would have even gotten to me!

Glad your DD did well on the way down!

Your first day you got a lot done and I love the pics of ur DD having a blast!

LOVE the pictures from your first day!! OMG! So overall she was a happy little baby? How did feeding go? Diapering? DETAILS! LOL

So wonderful to hear she would nap whereever, that is how Aria is now and I hope it continues, esp with the stroller. That's really great!

How was the separation anxiety? Aria doesn't have that yet. I will admit, I won't be TOO disappointed if she gets upset w/o me there. LOL

RooRach0906 said:
Glad your DD did well on the way down!

Your first day you got a lot done and I love the pics of ur DD having a blast!

Thanks! I was glad the drive down went pretty well with DD. with the night we had before, I was worried!

Imagineer5 said:
LOVE the pictures from your first day!! OMG! So overall she was a happy little baby? How did feeding go? Diapering? DETAILS! LOL

So wonderful to hear she would nap whereever, that is how Aria is now and I hope it continues, esp with the stroller. That's really great!

How was the separation anxiety? Aria doesn't have that yet. I will admit, I won't be TOO disappointed if she gets upset w/o me there. LOL

Thanks! Overall, she was very happy! I was thankful to have the extra stroller shade and stroller fan for her though. That definitely kept her more comfortable.

Feeding went well in the parks. Right before we left, I could tell she was getting ready to want to start having three "meals" (adding lunch, instead of the late morning bottle and early afternoon bottle). But, I made the decision to hold out on adding that in until we got back. VERY glad I did. It was much easier to give her bottle during the day while we were on the go (plus, less food to make beforehand and take with!). DD ate breakfast each morning in the condo (oatmeal and fruit), had a bottle around 11ish, had a bottle around 2ish, then ate dinner (2 veggies and a fruit) around 5-5:30 each night, either in the condo or in the restaurant with us. (Then had her bedtime bottle around 8 each night). It was easy to give her bottle to her and let her hold that in her stroller while we were going from place to place. I know you are BF'ing, so that will be different for y'all, but it worked for us!

Diaper changes were pretty easy too! DD is pretty regular with when she needs diaper changes (dirty ones and wet ones). The Baby Care centers are definitely better than regular bathrooms, but they were all fine. I kept a gallon size ziplock bag in the backpack that had a few diapers, small wipe case, hand sanitizer, and a changing pad in it. That is all I took in with me to change her. The less the better! If you have a small backpack on, that's helpful, because you can throw things in it when you are done (the wipe case, etc). Hand sanitizer is a must, because washing hands is difficult by yourself! We do disposable diapers too, so I'm not sure how you'll handle cloth diapering in the parks and carrying out.

The separation anxiety... Well.... It rears it's ugly head on day 3 :(. We're much better now, but it was not a fun time as y'all will see.

The Olympics are very bad for my TR! Hoping to get a couple cranked out tonight/tomorrow! I am still here though :)

June 4th - MK Day - Part 2

Where were we? It's been so long! Between the Olympics (I have to watch! Even the odd sports! I'm flipping between field hockey and water polo now even, hah!), planning DD's 1st birthday party, getting DH though his 2nd CPA exam (only a week and a half more!), I've kept busy!

Anyhow, we left MK to head back to the condo in hopes that DD would take a good nap and we could all rest after a busy morning! Well... That nap on the way out seemed to be just enough for her. FAIL! She did NOT want to go back to sleep once we got back to the condo! But,it gave us a good opportunity to go to the pool! (which ended up being really good, because between the rain and our running around, we never made it back out to the pool :( ) after a swim for about 30-40 minutes, DD decided she was, in fact, tired. So, she took a late afternoon snooze while we all go cleaned up.

That night, I made some pasta with crab meat and Alfredo sauce, garlic bread and a Caesar salad for dinner in the condo. We ate pretty early and since DD had a later nap and the weather was looking food, we decided to head back to the MK!

IMG_2282.jpg
AHHH!!!

We put DD in her Lillebaby carrier on my back, and poor girl fell promptly back asleep walking down Main Street! All the excitement of the day was wearing her out! We checked out the show going on in front of the castle...

IMG_2280.jpg
Hey guys, fancy seeing y'all here!

Then, we headed over to Tomorrowland and rode the PeopleMover! I was pretty excited about this because believe it or not, none of us had ever been on this, in all of our trips! It was a fin ride, and DD enjoyed it (she woke up when we took her out of her carrier). Next, we danced around with these guys for a few...

IMG_2287.jpg

IMG_2288.jpg

DD LOVES music, so she was grinning and having fun with this.

We decided to head over to Fantasyland to see if there was anything we wanted to do there. Winnie the Pooh had a little wait, but not too bad (15 minutes) so we hopped in line. It was right at 15 minutes for the wait, but DD liked seeing all the people and made friends with everyone in line, smiling and being a little ham! She liked the ride too!

IMG_2290.jpg
Spinning around in our "Hunny Pot"

IMG_2294.jpg
Can I get this Mom?

After Pooh, we decided it was about time to head out for the night, but not before a treat! We stopped by Storybook Treats for some yumminess! DH had a chocolate milkshake, LS had a chocolate chip cookie sundae and I had a vanilla cone. DD decided she wanted some vanilla ice cream and just about face planted in my cone! Thankfully I caught her in time! She is, however, great with straws, and snuck quite a bit of her daddy's milkshake! She's sneaky when it comes to mommy and daddy's drinks and treats!

So, our first day, I would consider a success. Next up, the day I totally brought the camera, but didn't take ANY pictures (vacation failure...), i.e. DHS!

What a fun first day! Y'all got a ton done in the Magic Kingdom. :thumbsup2

Too funny about the goats. Next time I go, I'm sure that's all I will notice, lol.

PixieMama said:
Awww, she looks so cute in the Tigger hat! Did you buy it? ;)

I resisted, even though she made a very cute Tigger! She decided the week before the trip that she didn't like wearing hats anymore. (too bad too.. I had a really cute Belle and Tinkerbelle hat for her?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!