***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

We went to DW in October 5 years ago. People were saying the same thing back then " October is so crowded " " It is insane " " October isn't slow any more " " The crowd calendars were wrong " blah blah blah. I remember coming on these boards once we were settled in at our hotel and it was interesting to see the responses from people there at the same time we were. Lots of complaints about crowds meanwhile we waited an average of 10 minutes. Some rides we walked on and some we waited 20 minutes. I think the longest we waited was 30 minutes for Dumbo. I don't know if other peoples standards for being " crowded " was lower than mine or if I simply chose my park days better than they did or doing rope drop really made that much of a difference but it really was fine. Now five years later I am expecting crowds to be a bit higher especially with the hurricane, but I seriously don't think they will be insane.

So, I have been living and breathing disney planning for a few months now. My husband turned to me last night and said "What are you going to do with your free time when you don't have to plan anymore?" :scared:
I politely refrained from giving him the DISboard official answer "PLAN ANOTHER ONE!" :teacher:
I told him I have lots of projects around the house I could start on and he could help! :rolleyes1
But, I am not ready to think about after the trip before the trip! :crazy2:
I so agree. Decided to plan a quick December trip for Mickey's Christmas since we have always wanted to see the Christmas decorations. But next trip is 2 weeks away so need to get through that first.
With the time changes and my sister changing resorts my well thought out plans for this first trip have been altered a bit. When my sister suggested being spontaneous on our last day I asked if we could plan our spontaneity!

I so agree. Decided to plan a quick December trip for Mickey's Christmas since we have always wanted to see the Christmas decorations. But next trip is 2 weeks away so need to get through that first.
With the time changes and my sister changing resorts my well thought out plans for this first trip have been altered a bit. When my sister suggested being spontaneous on our last day I asked if we could plan our spontaneity!
:rotfl2:

Originally our Oct. 11 Animal Kingdom day didn't have Rivers of Light scheduled. When they extended the hours recently they added two shows for that night. :yay: I have been constantly checking the dining reservations to see if they open up Rivers of Light dining packages for that day, but they haven't. I talked with a CM on the phone about it and she had no idea why there wouldn't be for that day and advised I keep checking. If they don't offer them before we go is it possible to request it at check in? Has anyone ever converted to a dining package at check in before?
Hi...not sure what your schedule is like but I posted on the October Cancelled ADR board a Tiffins RoL package for October 8th.

7UQg81a.png

A great email to wake up to!
According to usps tracking I'll have bands on Monday! :love:

First set of MBs arrived yesterday...after only two days from shipping! I swear it normally takes at least a week while they bounce around to random destinations before landing in my mailbox. If the new pattern holds, the next ones should arrive today. I almost declined the ones for our arrival night at Pop, but I wanted more colors, LOL!!

ME tags came Monday, but we won't need them. Still fun to get Mickey mail!! It's hard to think I"m only 3 weeks away...I have so much going on that this trip, despite my best efforts, has never received the attention it deserves. Everything was planned and left, with very little updates or changes. I'm curious to see what happens once I'm actually there, LOL!!

Everything has been so crazy lately, I really really need this vacation!!

First set of MBs arrived yesterday...after only two days from shipping! I swear it normally takes at least a week while they bounce around to random destinations before landing in my mailbox. If the new pattern holds, the next ones should arrive today. I almost declined the ones for our arrival night at Pop, but I wanted more colors, LOL!!

I 100% support the acquiring of ALL the colors!

Everyone's getting their Mickey mail and I'm over here like... :eek: DARN IT we used my friend's account to book the room, so it all goes to HER :sad1::charac2: She is in FL and I'm flying down from ND so it was one less thing to pack (carrying on, and she IS the Magical Express lol). I'll just have to keep counting down for my family's January trip. But all of THAT Mickey mail has to be hidden. Glad some of it comes in inconspicuous envelopes!

29 days!!!

Just have to vent. My babysitter lost the baby blanket my best friend from kindergarten hand-crocheted for my oldest DS, which we then passed on to my little. It fell out of the stroller or something. I'm so upset. We retraced the route but between street sweepers (we live in NYC) and all the random people who might have grabbed it, it's just gone. DH doesn't get why I'm so devastated. Luckily the little one is too small to have really formed an attachment to it himself.

Got Magical Express documents and tags yesterday. Last day to customize bands so they should be here by the end of next week! It's starting to get real. I am super excited for MK to be open until 1 AM on the 25th. We are planning to be there all day (minus a decent mid-day break) with a pre-opening BOG breakfast reservation. I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing MK relatively empty in the morning and at night. The last couple of trips we have taken, we have hung out and let the crowd disperse a bit after closing. We'll see if we can make it that late again.

I'm in Canada so have to wait until we check in to get our bands. :( Why oh why doesn't Disney ship them to Canada?

9 more days until we leave!

I have finally decided how we are going to surprise the kids.

We are getting family photos done next Saturday and I was thinking about getting the photographer in on the surprise, so we can get some great pictures of them being surprised! We are going to have a large wrapped box for them to open and inside the box will be balloons and on the balloons we will write - We are going to Disney!

It's pretty simple, but I love the idea of having the pictures and us not having to worry about taking the pictures/video ourselves and just enjoying the moment of surprising them. We'll tell them on Saturday, but not leaving until Monday. That will give them some time to be excited before we go and I won't have to sneak around packing.

I can't wait!

We arrive 1 week from tomorrow and today I was able to change FOP from 720pm to 10am. A couple days ago I got a Pixie Dust email with 4 anytime Fastpasses due rescheduling our trip due to Irma.
I now have Anytime Navi and 10am FOP. Im so excited because that makes our AK day so much easier. We only have 2 day park hoppers and I am doing 1/2 day AK and 1/2 day Epcot (me and DH) or HS (the teens). My hope is to get out of AK by noon!

Last edited:
So exciting. Magic Bands have arrived. Managed to change my FOP for a better time. If your still looking for FOP check again as it looks like they released more.

Thanks so much for the heads up! We were able to bump up our time to before lunch on our AK day, which means we can take a longer resort break before heading back for RoL. I needed this little bit of pixie dust today!

We weren't sure what we were going to do with our last park day. We had batted around different ideas. Now we've booked an evening at AK! We'll have a 2nd chance to ride FOP, EE, our first Safari at dusk and then ROL! Thankful for the pixie dust over here, too!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!