Hertz Prepay or wait?

EeyoreJMH

DIS Veteran
Next month, my husband and I are flying to MCO on a Friday, doing Disney for a couple days and then driving to the Disney Hilton Head resort on Sunday 8/13. We're then driving back to MCO at the end of the week (8/19). Because the flying part of the trip was a last-minute change in plans, I didn't have a chance to book a rental car far in advance and the prices now all seem crazy.

That said, I was able to find a prepay rate of about $46/day ($375 total) for an intermediate SUV (pickup and return to MCO) using Hertz through AAA. That's the lowest I've been able to find for an SUV -- others seems to be $400-$500+.

But I've never done a prepaid car rental. I know this locks me into a rate, but I'm fearful prices will not budge anywhere. Has anyone done a prepaid Hertz car rental? Would it be better to just book at pay-at-the-counter rate and hope prices go down?

Thanks!

Hertz prices plummeted in the week before my Disney vacation in June. Stick it out. Don't pre-pay. And by plummet I mean my 8-day full-size rental went from being almost $400 in the months leading up to the trip, and all the way down to $165 (taxes & fees included) in the days before. I booked and re-booked that rental every day for a week because rates kept dropping!

Hertz prices plummeted in the week before my Disney vacation in June. Stick it out. Don't pre-pay. And by plummet I mean my 8-day full-size rental went from being almost $400 in the months leading up to the trip, and all the way down to $165 (taxes & fees included) in the days before. I booked and re-booked that rental every day for a week because rates kept dropping!

Wow!! That's a huge drop! Thanks for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!