Heros discount sold out at All Star's

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
Trying to decide if I should send WDW an email...I read about this discount & called for ressies.
I couldn't book because DH had not received the "certificate" yet. Now, we still have not received the certificate, and the All Stars, which we could have afforded with the discount, is all booked. We were able to get the CS put on hold until we get the certificate, but there is about a $40/night increase in cost, which I don't know if we can swing. I truly admire WDW for offering a discount to honor 9/11 heros, but if those same heros can't use it because its sold out before they can book, is it really honoring anyone? DH (NYC Police) is just now hearing that the certificates will be distributed "soon". The clincher is that CRO told me that this discount was sharing spots with other limited discounts of the same type or class, & that those other discounts could have caused this to be sold out. I hope that this has made sense.
It wouldn't have been a big deal to me, but we've recently found out we're with child (yeahhhh!) and after the next few months, won't be able to go to WDW for a long while. Should I contact someone at WDW? If so, who and how?

I think that you should e-mail disney. It is a load of cr** that they won't give you the discount. They should realize how many people will fall into this discount category and plan for ALL of them, not a limited # like wthey do with other discounts. These people deserve the discounts...it is to say "thank you" and now disney is basically saying that not ALL of them will get it! By the way....congratualtions!!!!:D

YIKES...

I think it is a lot like AAA, AP & DC dicounts. They only offer them to a certain number of rooms.

Wanda

I think you are probably right, Humpsbacks1962. I know that the message you hear when you call about rooms says that there are a limited number of rooms available at the discounted rate.

That is sad. Why limit them anyway???? If the hotel has openings let them use the discount!! It leads me to believe that this was just for PR only. When it all boils down to it, it is all about money. It's okay for you to risk your life for others but you're too late for the discount. Very dissappointing.

As far as I know, they do this with all of their discounts. I'm not surprised that they use the same method for this one.

We too are using A.H. certificates and tried to book in early Jan. (as soon as DH came home w/cert.). The All-Stars were already booked for the two time periods we could go. Have you tried off-property reservations? I also wish they had given us a little bit more time to use the certs. They expire in April and I feel very rushed trying to decide when to go, where to stay, and trying to save a little extra money to help pay for the trip. Perhaps you could ask for an extension. It never hurts to ask. The www.wdwig.com has a list of phone numbers; can't remember exactly what all was included. but I'd look there first. Good luck.

I was in the same boat you are in. I called the very second I found out Disney was offering to honor "Heroes". I just don't believe that Disney started this promo for the "American Heroes" on January 1st like they are advertising because NO where was it advertised the first 2 weeks of January. I inquired with Disney the first week of January and was told they were not offering anything for those who responded to the tragedies in the USA--only military personnel. The Disney website was promoting the military offer prior to Jan 1st. What I don't understand, however, is why the Disney website does not have anything regarding the American Heroes promotion ??? When I immediately called for room rates, most of the "cheaper" rates were gone (for family of 5) . A CM told me that the military was also booking the rooms and was apparent that they (the military) had a good 2 weeks to select before the "American Heroes". (They also have Shades of Green). That's fine (I don't want to take away from the military on this issue cuz they definitely deserve it too).....but, what did I end up doing? I went all out for the discounted GF for a few more days stay in addition to our DVC ressies!! Not cheap!! A deal--oh yeah! but Disney got us to flip out some $$$. They just don't have enough discounted rooms to fulfill the one's they want to honor. Luckily this all worked out for us--all because DH and I just happened to have planned a February Disney vacation at OKW. Write to Disney (or e-mail)--otherwise they will never know the problems you've encountered!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter