Here's our next project.. what's yours?

drgnfly30

<font color=deeppink>Take my advice, never pay ful
Saw MeanLaureens note on the CB... So glad to be here! They call me Bobbie Vila around these parts!

We just got done tearing up all our carpet & laying Pergo in the office, MBR, two hallways, LR, & DS10's room...

Next we are pulling up the old wood on our deck & replacing it with a composite... maybe even adding on a few feet. I'll be sure to take before & after pics!

Whatcha up to?

A cement pond!

I swore I'd never put another one in again... but here I go...

drgnfly30 said:
Oooo how fun!! BTW cute dog!

Thanks! I have to admit, she's part of the reason we're putting another one in. She loves to swim and it'll be good for her hips.

If only she'd help pay for it. :rolleyes:

We are trying to finish up our kitchen at the moment. In fact, I should be painting and caulking instead of dising but I need a break, ok? :p
We are doing a fairly low-end remodel. We tore out the 1965 cook top and wall oven and had our existing cabinets modified for a free standing gas range. We also took out an upper bank of cabinets and removed the L- shaped portion of our counters to open up the space. Boy did it make a difference! My kitchen is still by no means large but now at least two people can be in there at the same time without knocking into each other! :banana:
Of course, all this means re-painting the cabinets which lead to getting new hardware too. We also had to re-paint the ceiling and fix the floor where the cabinets once stood. Funny, it sounded like such a minor job when we started... :confused3

Next, we plan to tear out the rest of the carpet (hall and BRs) and continue the wood parquet flooring that we put in the LR and kitchen/dining area.
No more carpet! :bounce:

We are almost done our full bath. Last year, we put in new vinyl floor. Couple weeks ago, we replaced the laminate countertop & drop-in sink with a new one piece Swanstone countertop & sink & new faucet. Stripped the wallpaper border. Patched. Have one coat of paint on so far. Need to finish second coat of paint, touchup & restain woodwork, hem some curtain panels, & put room back together.

Then 1/2 bath is next. Floor was done last year. Wallpaper border is down. Going to also replace countertop/sink & faucet & paint & re-decorate. But I haven't picked out a color scheme or accessories yet.

THEN, in the fall, we will probably remove carpet from dining room & replace with hardwood floors. Since the carpet is not bad, I want to see if I can have someone use it to replace the carpet on the entryway stairs which are getting kind of shot. Same carpet everywhere in house.

AND MAYBE, just MAYBE, we might replace kitchen countertops (again) but this time not in a color that I will tire of the shade in 5 yrs. Currently a bluey/greeny color which goes with everything in the room(s), but it limits my direction too much. Saw a Dupont quartz in black with specks of oak color that we loved. Thinking of that & a new slide-in range in black. Also would do an undermount sink.

I'm ALWAYS doing something. LOL Just finished scraproom/office/guestroom yesterday.

We are in the middle of 2 projects. We tore up our bed room carpet and were are having cherry hard wood floors installed. We are also having our closets re-done, crown molding put in and we gave all of our old bedroom furniture away and a beauitful 10 foot long cabnet is being built for my dresser and vanity (DH has to now share with me but there is his and her sides)
This cabnet is AMAZING !!!! It will be the center piece of our room. We have a sleigh bed coming also

I was so inspired I ripped out our 1/2 bath off the kitchen and we put a new tile floor, new toilet and waiting for the vanity.

Im so excited cant wait for it all to get done.

We're working on a few. We finished our downstairs guest bathroom, which can be seen at http://www.finishedbathrooms.blogspot.com/ (feel free to visit and e-mail me with your bathroom re-do...I'll post it!)

One of our two upstairs bathrooms is just about finished. We tiled, painted, changed pulls, the mirror, and removed the sliding shower doors. I'll add photos after I finish the roman shade.

We're in the middle of a minor re-do in our kitchen: we added gas to the island for a gas cooktop. We also added a convection oven and new dishwasher. We rebuilt the island to accomodate a wine cooler, and we're adding granite and a tiled backsplash. Lastly, we've changed the cabinet pulls...which should have been a minor task but has become major because the original owners put the pulls on before the cabinet paint was dry. I am adding a new sink and faucet as well.

Our master bath is next. The people who built our house put folding doors (like closet doors) on the master bathroom. We'll remove those, replace the tub, tile the room and the shower, and paint. It should be interesting--especially since we're doing it all on our own!

We'll also tile the 4th bathroom.

I should be helping DH put the cabinets back together in the master bath right now....see you guys soon!

Rafiki Rafiki Rafiki said:
We're working on a few. We finished our downstairs guest bathroom, which can be seen at http://www.finishedbathrooms.blogspot.com/ (feel free to visit and e-mail me with your bathroom re-do...I'll post it!)

Great job! I wish I had before pics of our bathroom remodel. We had a great surprise while doing ours. MOLD.

Yes. That was fun.

We're in the middle of a minor re-do in our kitchen: we added gas to the island for a gas cooktop. We also added a convection oven and new dishwasher. We rebuilt the island to accomodate a wine cooler, and we're adding granite and a tiled backsplash. Lastly, we've changed the cabinet pulls...which should have been a minor task but has become major because the original owners put the pulls on before the cabinet paint was dry. I am adding a new sink and faucet as well.

I can't wait to see the pictures! I remember you PMing me about the granite!

Our master bath is next. The people who built our house put folding doors (like closet doors) on the master bathroom. We'll remove those, replace the tub, tile the room and the shower, and paint. It should be interesting--especially since we're doing it all on our own!

Our master is next too. We're in the preliminary planning stages right now. You know... the, "You've got to be kidding me! That tub costs that much???" stage. :rolleyes:

We have sliding mirrored doors, and lots of unused, stupidly planned space. I feel your pain.

nealymouse said:
We are in the middle of 2 projects. We tore up our bed room carpet and were are having cherry hard wood floors installed. We are also having our closets re-done, crown molding put in and we gave all of our old bedroom furniture away and a beauitful 10 foot long cabnet is being built for my dresser and vanity (DH has to now share with me but there is his and her sides)
This cabnet is AMAZING !!!! It will be the center piece of our room. We have a sleigh bed coming also

I was so inspired I ripped out our 1/2 bath off the kitchen and we put a new tile floor, new toilet and waiting for the vanity.

Im so excited cant wait for it all to get done.

I'll have to dig out my pics of our bathroom redo from about 2 years ago... what an undertaking that was.. of course we even tore the walls down!

Am_I_There_Yet said:
Our master is next too. We're in the preliminary planning stages right now. You know... the, "You've got to be kidding me! That tub costs that much???" stage. :rolleyes:

We have sliding mirrored doors, and lots of unused, stupidly planned space. I feel your pain.

We purchased a bain ultra air tub--www.bainultra.com--we got the azur 55. It was not what I originally had in mind--I wanted one of the freestanding tubs, but it would have been a budget buster--costing over $2100. This particular tub is costing about $1350, but I think it's a good choice because of its size and the amenities it offers.

Rafiki Rafiki Rafiki said:
We purchased a bain ultra air tub--www.bainultra.com--we got the azur 55. It was not what I originally had in mind--I wanted one of the freestanding tubs, but it would have been a budget buster--costing over $2100. This particular tub is costing about $1350, but I think it's a good choice because of its size and the amenities it offers.

I'll have to check that out!

Gutted the bathroom last week. Waiting for the tile to come in. Buying bits and pieces here and there and painting this weekend.

Me thinks a little fairy is reading these boards ;)

Thanks TF! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!