Here Now-When Did It Become Ok?

Wouldn’t do it on a public surface either, but we carry puppy pads instead of the usual changing pad for that reason. I throw it away after each change.
This is exactly what we do. I never understood the reusable changing pad thing....so you lay it on a filthy surface and then put it back in your diaper bag? Nope.

This is exactly what we do. I never understood the reusable changing pad thing....so you lay it on a filthy surface and then put it back in your diaper bag? Nope.
I always wiped the change station first regardless of how clean it looked. And again after I used it. I often left it cleaner than I found it. But that was about 7 years ago now. Haven't had to deal with that since DD was 2.

My diaper bag has a pocket just for the changing pad. My kid is almost out of diapers (still uses a pull up for #2 sometimes), and I don’t think he ever got sick from a changing table.

My diaper bag has a pocket just for the changing pad. My kid is almost out of diapers (still uses a pull up for #2 sometimes), and I don’t think he ever got sick from a changing table.
Mine bag does, too. It’s more the ick factor for me, but I’m an admitted germaphobe. Plus those disposable pads are cheap and easy!

The bathrooms at Disney have one changing station. Not to mention, changing stations are extremely germy and getting to the baby care center isn't always practical.

We have been to Disney many times and I stopped using the restrooms to change diapers after waiting over 15 minutes (I timed it) for a grandma to change a diaper at HS two years ago. She was going as slow as possible and making sure to make a huge scene about how she was the one who got to change the diaper. I'm sure she was an excited grandma who was reliving motherhood, but her complete lack of awareness (or care) about the line of people waiting to use the one changing station was ridiculous. She even made a phone call with baby laying on the changing table while several of us waited in line to use the changing station! Several people made comments and she just didn't care. The self absorption of some Disney guests is far more bothersome than someone changing a wet diaper on a bench.

After that, I solely use our stroller for diaper changes. I find a secluded spot, pull the stroller awning all the way down, lay the seat back, and change the diaper. Easy and quick. My children are much less exposed this way (the changing stations are in full view of anyone walking in the public restroom). When finished, we go wash hands.

Personally I wouldn't use a bench (I don't want my children exposed like that) but as others have said, if someone uses a changing pad it doesn't bother me.

This is exactly what we do. We try to be extremely discreet and any germs are on our own stroller (I also put the changing pad under his bum) and he's squirmy so my husband can give me an extra hand. Immediately after we wash hands. The baby is also young, I think a toddler would be a different ballgame.

I'm not a germaphobe and nudity doesn't bother me at all, so I never had a problem changing DD in public. Don't remember ever doing it in the parks, but probably did. Never on an eating surface, though. I always used a pad and always put a fresh diaper under before removing the old. I never got pee or poop on even the changing pad. I did ruin a few fresh diapers, though. I also put any dirty diaper in a doggy poop bag and throw it away, then used sanitizer.

I would use changing stations if available, but if not or it was dirty, ground it was. But UV light is the best cleaner around, not too worried about catching something from the concrete outside.

I did get in trouble on a cruise for changing DD out of a clean diaper into a clean swim diaper next to the toddler pool. Had to go to the bathroom a ways away. Of course she peed on the way back and the same guy had to clean it up. This is why I always put swim diapers on right before getting into it the pool.

Out diapers now, so no point in flaming me ;).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter