Here now...quick question

MacMama0930

I've Found My Laughing Place
My family is currently here on our highly anticipated family vacation. We flew in from CA on Saturday evening and our staying at Poly.

Some highlights so far: I LOVE this resort. My kids love it, the whole vibe just fits us perfectly. And we have a theme park view room. And omg the fireworks view? Amazing.

It’s been pretty hot for us. My kids, especially, are not used to this kind of heat. It’s hard to be at the park for too long without a hotel break.

Anyways...long story short...tonight we did the dessert party for HEA. LOVED. Obviously. I figured we stay and ride a ride or two before trying to leave to help beat the crowds. But when we left at 10:15, the transportation back was a nightmare. I wrongly assumed it’d be quick and easy to hop on the monorail to the Poly. So, my question is...tomorrow night we are doing the MNSSHP. Is there anytime to leave that will make transportation not a total nightmare. Or, if anyone has any advice on the best route to take. Once my kids are done, they’re done and it’s tough waiting 30 minutes for the monorail...

Wait until the crowd dies down a bit before leaving.

Also, I prefer to take the ferry. For me it would be worth it to walk to the poly from the TTC just to avoid the ride on the monorail.

I thought we had waited! I figured most of the crowd left after the fireworks so we lingered for nearly an hour. I guess no matter how you slice it, there’s going to be a wait. I was just surprised last night because I wasn’t prepared. Now I’ll know a little better.

We generally prefer the boat to the Poly when leaving MK.
Us too. Unfortunately ppl use resorts monorail to get to TTC also. I have been there before when cast members were only allowing resort guests on the resort monorail. Everyone else had to take the other one. I wish they did this all the time or take the TTC stop off that route once Epcot is closed.

The Halloween Party nights are not near as crowded as the regular nights, normally. So you shouldn't have the same trouble coming back like you did before. You have 5 options of getting back:

1. The resort monorail (will get you right to the hotel lobby but makes 2 stops first)
2. The TTC monorail (will get you to the edge of the poly, from where you have to walk about 5-10 minutes, depending on where in the Poly you are.
3. The big ferry, which will also get you to TTC and can handle a big crowd at a time.
4. The resort friendship boat, which will get you to the Grand Floridian first, then to the Poly dock.
5. The TTC bus, which drives you from MK bus stop to the TTC.

So, if getting back fast is your goal, you can get out of magic kingdom, then eye all 4 nearby modes of transportation quickly to access their conditions: which one has a big line? which one is almost there? (You can see the boats coming, but not the monorails, I don't think) Then make a straight line for it.

There's actually a sixth option: you can call the Minnievan, which is the Disney luxury taxi. That's the fastest and most comfortable way, but you can't count on being able to get it. You must be ready for it by downloading Lyft ahead of time, but you may or may not be able to get the Minnievan anyway, depending on supply. It won't cost much (under $25) because it isn't far.

So here's my recommendation (if you don't already know how to do this):

1 Figure out how to get from TTC to the Poly by walking over there from the Poly and checking it out, if you can find the time for it. Alternatively, you can also ask a worker which way is the Poly when you get to the TTC. Or better yet, use your cell phone's map and gps function! Remember, you don't have to cross any roads to get there. The Poly's path to the TTC is next to the Ferry dock and the lake. Finding it in the dark the first time may be difficult. You can even board the resort monorail from the TTC to the Poly. By then it won't be as packed, after unloading people in 2 stops.

2. Figure out how to order the Minnievan at MK and where to board it. Doing it the first time in the dark may not be easy.

Bottom line: When the lines aren't bad, the resort monorail is probably the easiest way to get back. When the all lines are long, take the ferry because it can hold a boatload of people (literally), so the entire long line can fit in there. And floating back takes no more time than the resort monorail which makes 2 stops.

If you watch the fireworks from near the train station you get a great view, and can hustle out before most of the crowd. I have found that works well for us.

Wait until the crowd dies down a bit before leaving.

Also, I prefer to take the ferry. For me it would be worth it to walk to the poly from the TTC just to avoid the ride on the monorail.
And remember, the TTC is immediately adjacent to the resort. When we stayed at the Polynesian years ago, we often used the TTC connection, worked great.

Per the PP's the small boat is the best way to go, the line is usually not too bad and it only makes one stop (GF) before going to the Poly.

It may be busy no matter when you decide to leave. It might be best to leave a bit before your kids are "done" so the wait is easier to handle.

I dunno, it was always packed after the mnsshp parties i attended. :( No matter if i left at 11pm or 12 midnight, it was insanely packed. This would be mid-end of Oct.
That's unfortunate. I meant in my experience it isn't as bad after the fireworks. The Halloween Party seems to get a lot more people this year than previous years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter