Here now Help! DCA

HappyGrape

DIS Veteran
We did 20 rides yesterday at Disneyland and while I loved it my family didn't. They loved the big rides but didn't really appreciate rushing around so much

We are planning day at DCA today. What would be top 5 rides for you? I need to do less today and enjoy the place more

Last edited:
Do you want adventurous rides or more calm choices?
For adventure: GOTG, CS (multiple times!), GRR, RSR (daytime and nighttime)
For calm: Soarin', Monsters, Little Mermaid, Mater's (not exactly calm, but fun), TSMM
Enjoy BVS and all the details. Five & Dime and the Newsboys shows at Carthay Circle are great fun. If the Mariachi Divas are at Pacific Wharf, take a few moments to enjoy them (they're Grammy winners!). The Ellis Island Boys at Paradise Gardens are super fun, too. Try different foods (share, share, share -- it lets you try more things!). See the Frozen musical to cool off. (The special effects are really nice.) Drawing in the Animation Building is another nice way to cool off and relax -- plus you get a fun souvenir to take home.
Have a great time today!

Take some down time to see Frozen at the Hyperion.

Not sure how old your crew is, but maybe hang out on Buena Vista Street and meet the characters? (Watch the app for times).

Have some ice cream. Catch World of Color tonight.

You'll notice I haven't listed a single ride yet. :) Lots of ways to slow down.

We typically go in and spend the first hour or two riding lots of rides, then slow down and do some "hanging out" kind of stuff. I don't think you have to completely slow down, just add down time for balance.

As for the top 5 rides, what does your family say? Do they have favorites?

Animation academy, go see what character you all want to do draw and come back 15 minutes before that time. Monsters is fun. The bread/tortilla factory tour, whichever one is still open. Take a stroll through bugs land and enjoy feeling small. Grizzly rapids and the grizzly creek challenge trail or whatever its called now.

Guardians (though tomorrow will be my first time riding it), Screamin', Toy Story, Racers, Soarin'. But DCA is so spread out that I think you can ride everything at a leisurely pace. My family knows that a Disney trip is exhausting. We go hard in the morning and evening and rest in the afternoons.

My top 5:
Radiator Springs Racers
Guardians of the Galaxy
Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
Little Mermaid
Monsters, Inc.

The rides I would choose as far as favorites would be:
RSR
GoTG
TSMM
Grizzly
I could take or leave Screamin and Soarin.

If you are there early but don't want to "conquer" the park and the return times for a lot of rides are still 'right now' I'd probably get FPs for TSMM and/or Soarin and then get my GoTG FPs. Maybe ride Screamin and/or Grizzly standby. Enjoy the ambiance of the park, have some lunch then pick up FPs for a night time ride on RSR. DCA is where we head to just chill. There's lots of entertainment to be had and it's really nice to just kick back and soak it all in. As a PP mentioned up thread we "go" in the mornings and relax in the evening.

Radiator Springs Racers
CA Screamin
Toy Story Midway Mania
Soarin
Goofy' s Sky School

But really, you can do everything in DCA in a day easily, without much running around. Especially the rides around the water. You can just do them sequentially as you walk around. None ever have really long lines. Use FP for the above rides and standby the rest. You can single rider CA Screamin, Goofys, and Radiator Springs Racers if you want.

Take some time out to visit Cove Bar. Kids are welcome! They have great drinks and food there!

Guardians of the Galaxy
Radiator Springs Racers
California Screamin'
Toy Story Midway Mania
Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters

CA Screamin'
Toy Story Midway Mania
Grizzly River Rapids
Soarin'
Radiator Springs Racers

We love the Animation Academy, World of Color show, walking around the boardwalk, ice cream at Ghiradelli's, people watching, parades, Bugs Life Land.....lots to do and much less running around than Disneyland. Hope you are having fun!

DCA was success! We were back in the room by 12 for swim and rest and back to the park at 5 for few hours. They want to spend more time in this park. Actually they want to go every day!

There was very long wait for Cove bar. Is there alternative for few cocktails? Casual place

Radiator springs kept breaking but we still managed to do it twice. It's awesome! One of the times we had to be released out of the ride. For some reason my family loved this!

Thanks all for your replies. We will be back in DCA either tonight or tomorrow

... There was very long wait for Cove bar. Is there alternative for few cocktails? Casual place ...

For cocktails, you can try the Carthay Circle Lounge (looks dressy, but it is casual). The bartenders are very nice and the bar menu is tasty. There is also the Hearthstone Lounge inside the GCH. Use the DCA entry to the hotel, go to the main lobby, and turn left. There are lots of CMs to ask for directions. For wine, there is the tasting terrace in DCA across from Cars Land. There is also the Alfresco Tasting Terrace upstairs from WCT. (Look for Giorgio, the ginger DCA kitty!)

Where do you get glad out wine from around there
I'm not a wine drinker so I can't speak to quality but there's places to get wine and beer over by the eateries off the Pier. Instead of going over the bridge toward Ariel's veer left or you can come in from the back of Carsland. There's also a margarita cart over there. By the way the Citrus Roasted Chicken in the Mexican place was very good.

Glad to hear you had a great day! People throw shade at DCA but I love it over there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter