Here now - having a great time!

Skyegirl1999

DIS Veteran
We just finished day 1 of our two days in the parks and I wanted to post some quick impressions. For context, we live by Disneyland in CA and visit 6+ times a month, so the original Disneyland is “home.”

1. Many parts of the parks are gorgeous. The castle! Ahh, it puts ours to shame, so beautiful and the stained glass windows and THE DRAGON. I may just live with the dragon and never go home; we visited three times today. When I think of Disneyland Paris, I’m going to think of that castle first.

2. The reports of smoking and trash were really overblown! I guess if I hadn’t read up in advance maybe I’d feel differently, but I was expecting to be surrounded by smoke and trash all day, and I... wasn’t.

3. Having said that, the maintenance and customer service isn’t what it is at the American parks. We expected as much, and it wasn’t a major issue, but it was noticeable.

4. Big Thunder Mountain is awesome! We want to ride it again tomorrow.

5. Two days is going to be just right for us. If we’d just had one day, we’d have missed out; three days would be overkill considering that downtown Paris is so close and there’s so much we want to experience there.

Ok, I have more to say when we’re done, but thanks to everyone who has posted advice and feedback here; it’s been super helpful! Hopefully we don’t get too rained out tomorrow.

We just finished day 1 of our two days in the parks and I wanted to post some quick impressions. For context, we live by Disneyland in CA and visit 6+ times a month, so the original Disneyland is “home.”

1. Many parts of the parks are gorgeous. The castle! Ahh, it puts ours to shame, so beautiful and the stained glass windows and THE DRAGON. I may just live with the dragon and never go home; we visited three times today. When I think of Disneyland Paris, I’m going to think of that castle first.

2. The reports of smoking and trash were really overblown! I guess if I hadn’t read up in advance maybe I’d feel differently, but I was expecting to be surrounded by smoke and trash all day, and I... wasn’t.

3. Having said that, the maintenance and customer service isn’t what it is at the American parks. We expected as much, and it wasn’t a major issue, but it was noticeable.

5. Two days is going to be just right for us. If we’d just had one day, we’d have missed out; three days would be overkill considering that downtown Paris is so close and there’s so much we want to experience there.

Ok, I have more to say when we’re done, but thanks to everyone who has posted advice and feedback here; it’s been super helpful! Hopefully we don’t get too rained out tomorrow.

1. I know! No many how many visits, I always come home with a dozen castle pictures from every angle!

2. I feel the same, but as it is my home park, I sometimes think I've grown accustomed to it and I don't see it anymore ;-)

3. Where did you see the lack of maintenance? Two weeks ago, I was just thinking how well the park looked.

4. Yes, it is! Ride it over and over!

5. Enjoy yourself, whether it's in the park or the city! :)
(And rain keeps the locals away!)

If you're in the parks this evening, and not desperate to see the full illuminations show....head over to Thunder Mountain bwtween 9pm and 10pm and you should be able to ride it over and over. It's so much fun in the dark!
Likewise, adventure land looks/feels amazing after dark :)

Last edited:

There were two things I was interested in experiencing that were closed on my trip to DLP in 2016; Alice’s Labyrinth, and BTMRR.

Every trip report I’ve ever read says that BTMRR at DLP is amazing and I’m really craving a return trip to ride it finally.

glad to hear you're having a nice time and it's better than you expected...
we'll be there in july for 4 nights (arriving sunday afternoon, leaving thursday afternoon)..
we'll be a group of 9 (6 adults and 3 very young children - 5, 3, 13 months)..

i've set my expectations very low, so hopefully i'll be pleasantly surprised..

the last time we were there was 19 years ago and only for one day (not overnight), so we're giving it more of a chance this time...

There were two things I was interested in experiencing that were closed on my trip to DLP in 2016; Alice’s Labyrinth, and BTMRR.

Every trip report I’ve ever read says that BTMRR at DLP is amazing and I’m really craving a return trip to ride it finally.

I went this time in 2016 and BTMRR was closed for me as well, although the labyrinth was open. Still sad I didn't get to experience BTMRR though.

I love Disneyland Paris, and especially Crush's Coaster and Ratatouille! Disneyland is my hope park as well.

Thanks again to everyone here for the information and suggestions! We’re heading home from Paris now after a great trip. I’ll have to post a proper trip report (or at least some highlights/major observations) at some point. We definitely had a very enjoyable time at DLP and appreciated a lot about the parks.

1. I know! No many how many visits, I always come home with a dozen castle pictures from every angle!

2. I feel the same, but as it is my home park, I sometimes think I've grown accustomed to it and I don't see it anymore ;-)

3. Where did you see the lack of maintenance? Two weeks ago, I was just thinking how well the park looked.

4. Yes, it is! Ride it over and over!

5. Enjoy yourself, whether it's in the park or the city! :)
(And rain keeps the locals away!)
1. I think I have at least 20 pictures of the castle from different places! That castle is amaze-balls.

3. Some places I noticed offhand were the Aladdin’s Carpets (I think there was more paint missing than on our carpet), the queue for Tower of Terror, the weeds at the exit of IASW, and the cobwebs all over the Storybook Land ride (we amused ourselves by doing a version of the ride commentary from DL CA but acting like it was for a horror movie). DL at home can have some rough spots, too (some Buzz vehicles have gotten pretty gross, for instance), but it did feel less-maintained in comparison.

5. We did, thank you!

If you're in the parks this evening, and not desperate to see the full illuminations show....head over to Thunder Mountain bwtween 9pm and 10pm and you should be able to ride it over and over. It's so much fun in the dark!
Likewise, adventure land looks/feels amazing after dark :)
Our crowds were too big for that, but we tried... and failed... to get in a nighttime ride. We got in line at 9:05, were descending the steps to the loading area at 9:40, and - it broke down. Whomp-whomp. Kinda a bummer way to end the trip, but it happens. We got popcorn and watched Illuminations and enjoyed ourselves anyway.

We had a few things closed this trip - from Phantom Manor (boo!) to Dumbo to the railroad, and some things over at the Studios. I’m not sure if we’ll be back to Paris or not, but if we are, it’ll just give us some new things to experience! We had plenty to do anyway.

Oh yes, the cobwebs at Pays des Contes Fees are annoying, they are always there, but I guess spiders can weave webs quicker than they can clean it. :) Especially the webs in the grotto with the lamp are so visible.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!