Here now Great trip.

Kellyh123

DIS Veteran
We have been here since Halloween and we go home today. Everyone on the boards has been so helpful to me I just wanted to see if I could help others.

1. This trip has been wonderful. The Magic is still here.

2. MB's have been good. We were a party where some of us had them and some did not and things worked out. We were able to pull old fast passes and use fast pass plus.

3. MB's were very convenient when we were running late and not going to be able to make our FP times. I just got on my phone and went to DME and changed them. I did this multiple times.

4. We had a FP plus at RRC and it was down at that time. I received an email stating other rides I could go on instead of RRC or that I could go on RRC and this fastpass was valid for the rest of the day.

5. The crowds were not horrible. We used the recommended crowd calendar, went early and used FP plus and the old fast pass system. We were able to tour the parks like we always have.

6. The early entry to the parks without rope drop is nice.

7, Having Starbucks was great!

8. Coming this time of year is wonderful. We were able to do MNSSHP, see all the Halloween decorations, see the beginning of the Christmas decorations, do Food and Wine, have great weather, have manageable crowds and tour like we always have.

9. Food and Wine is very nice but be careful you it can really add up.

10. I LOVE DISNEY and that hasn't changed.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

It's great to know that your group worked it out even though some had MB and some did not. Thanks for the info - glad you had fun.

I could never go during F&W. I would never stop eating!!:)

Thanks for sharing and glad you had a great trip it is nice to hear that the magic did not go away even with the changes we are looking forward to trying hte new system in another 81 days.

hope you have a safe trip home

We have been here since Halloween and we go home today. Everyone on the boards has been so helpful to me I just wanted to see if I could help others. 1. This trip has been wonderful. The Magic is still here. 5. The crowds were not horrible. We used the recommended card calendar, went early and used FP plus and the old fast pass system. We were able to tour the parks like we always have.

Thank you for this update! One quick question, I'm a newbie around here, what's the "recommended" card calendar? You've got me excited for my trip coming up in a few weeks. I'd admit to being a bit nervous (first trip with DD4, hubby and I are Disney veterans), the boards have got me scared! Lol!

Thank you for this update! One quick question, I'm a newbie around here, what's the "recommended" card calendar? You've got me excited for my trip coming up in a few weeks. I'd admit to being a bit nervous (first trip with DD4, hubby and I are Disney veterans), the boards have got me scared! Lol!

Looks like an auto correct. I imagine they meant "crowd calendar". Correct me if I'm wrong :)

You can check projected crowd levels and recommended/non-recommended parks on easywdw.com or touringplans.com to help you choose the time of years and also which park on a specific day to attend or avoid.

@KellyH123----Thanks for sharing that your vacation was a terrific one. I've got just shy of a month before I go and your post gave me a great boost!

Yes it is the recommended crowd calendar. Sorry about that. I have fixed it.

I use the one from easywdw

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time! Thank you for sharing your experience. We leave in less than 2 months and I'm glad to hear that everything went smoothly for you :) We hear about the bad stuff so often, I knew there was some good stuff out there somewhere!!

Sounds a lot like our trip the week before! All worked out very nicely. Really had a nice surprise with FP+
When the wait to meet talking Mickey was 45min standby... I opened MDE and checked if I could get FP+ for him later in the day... They had an opening just 15min later. So we got to sit and watch the parade, then just stroll into the fastpass lane :)

Thanks for the positive report on your WDW vacation! So glad y'all had a wonderful trip. We are 60 days out and cannot wait!

I do have one question, if you don't mind:) I was wondering about your phone use for the MDE app in the parks. I have an iPhone 5 with the app and all our plans set up on it. I have seen others reporting that the wifi in the parks drained their batteries quickly. What was your experience with this? I'm trying to decide if I should get a portable charger or charger case for while we are there.

Thanks for any help you can give:)

So glad that you've had a great trip!!

I have to agree, we were there a few weeks ago and we had a blast, didn't have any major issues with the bands of fast pass plus. The halloween stuff was incredible as alwayss, and starbucks was such a great added bonus!

Glad to hear you had a great trip! There's so much negativity right now with the whole MB/FP+ (and I'm probably just as guilty) that its great to hear positive experiences. Hoping I have just as awesome of a trip in a little over a month, when I too get to test the new system. Thanks for sharing and safe travels!

Thanks for the positive report on your WDW vacation! So glad y'all had a wonderful trip. We are 60 days out and cannot wait!

I do have one question, if you don't mind:) I was wondering about your phone use for the MDE app in the parks. I have an iPhone 5 with the app and all our plans set up on it. I have seen others reporting that the wifi in the parks drained their batteries quickly. What was your experience with this? I'm trying to decide if I should get a portable charger or charger case for while we are there.

Thanks for any help you can give:)

It does take more battery than some apps but it is very helpful so I would for sure use it. There are places to charge your phone in the parks or yes a portable charger would be helpful. Between my apps and using my camera on my phone my battery did not last all day on my iphone 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter