Here now...complete mad house

auteur55

Mouseketeer
please tell me it mellows out later in the week and this is just a busy check in, check out day. You can barely walk through the halls it’s just insane it’s worse then a Disney park resort at peak time. We also got rained out so I know that’s driving some people inside but because of lightning everything gets shut down and it’s hard to get food. Room service almost two hour wait.

It’s such a beautiful resort and we are so excited to be here. Saved up for almost 2 years and we are now really worried it’s going to rain all week.

I don't have any insight for you, unfortunately. But I am sending good vibes for a fantastic vacation... and no rain. Aulani is on my bucket list and look forward to your thoughts. Hope you are able to make the best of things and have a great time!!

Ouch, sorry to hear this we got home a week ago it was cloudy every day and rained 3x in 8 days on the rainy days we drove around the island and swam with dolphins on the cloudy days we were at the beach we did see the crowded hallways. We just walked over to monkey pod to be less crowded hope it gets better for you

I am so sorry you are having rain. I can't relate to the crowds when we went late Jan/early Feb but I sure can relate to the rain. It honestly ruined a lot of our trip both at Aulani and in Maui. Several things we wanted to do on our first trip to Hawaii for our 50th anniversary were ruined. We also had insane wind.

We didn't have the crowds thankfully but wanted you to know it wasn't the time of year you chose....it was a problem when we were there also.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you the weather will improve.

It will probably quiet down some after the weekend. We have always found the weekends have an influx of people (I’ve read locals like to visit for weekends, plus with Easter) but then settle down. Have a great trip!

We checked in on a Sunday and it was nuts. It definitely quieted down after that. Leaving the resort if you can is a good idea.

We just left (got home yesterday). It was not our first trip, and unfortunately, it seems Hawaii is having some unusual (in our experience) rainy and cooler weather for this time of year. The rain typically doesn't last -- that's the good news. I know it was very busy when we left, even with decent weather. There aren't many places for people to go in the rain. I also suggest trying to get off property if you possibly can. There are a lot of fun things to do on the island, even in the rain. If you give us some details about your traveling party, I might have some ideas for you. Good luck.

There is supposed to be a large influx of locals during the weekends at Aulani. Plus, it is Easter. But from our experience during 2 visits, it was noticeably less crowded on on non-weekend days.

Easter weekend...any holiday weekend (well almost all weekends actually) will be very crowded, but the weekdays might slow down a little...its also spring break time so some schools might still be off next week (weird mix of year round schools and a ton of private schools).

Weather has just been weird recently...the forecasts on the local news haven’t ever been all that accurate...even less so recently.

Saturday was a heavier downpour than normal so that probably added to the inside crowds quite a bit.

Oh no. We will be there on Tuesday. So hoping we get better weather. The crowds don't concern me as much as the weather. I just checked the 10 forecast and it is 80 but partly cloudy or stormy every day through next Sunday. :(
Hoping the forecast changes and we have more sun then clouds and rain. :shamrock::stitch:

Does Aulani update their schedule at all for rain and have more indoor activities available?

As mentioned, weekends are much busier than weekdays so you may see it get better. But also keep in mind this is Spring Break week for many areas. Tons of families I know here in the Northeast are traveling this week, so I wouldn't be surprised if the resort was at capacity for the same reason.

It's spring break for about half the schools here in CA, and just from my FB feed seems like a lot of people are in Hawaii, so I would expect it to stay crazy busy this week. Sorry about the rain but hope you have a wonderful trip!

It’s definitely mellowed out. Busy of course but manageable more like I expected. It’s the weather that’s disappointing we’re on our second rainy day. On a Disney cruise when it rains you have several things to do indoors here you really don’t. So if the rain keeps up you’re kind of out of luck just trapped inside.

It’s definitely mellowed out. Busy of course but manageable more like I expected. It’s the weather that’s disappointing we’re on our second rainy day. On a Disney cruise when it rains you have several things to do indoors here you really don’t. So if the rain keeps up you’re kind of out of luck just trapped inside.
Have you tried a museum or Ala Moana Center?

Have you tried a museum or Ala Moana Center?
We planned activities two of the days we’re scheduled to be here and only rented a car for those days.

Still down pouring with no signs of letting up. Stuck in our hotel room.

You can't go to the rental place in Aulani and request a car for the day?
We had a character dining at 4:45 so were waiting it out hoping it would pass. We also are trying to not keep dumping money into stuff as we’ve pre-booked activities. We just got out out of dinner and we’re going to go explore the lagoons but it’s still pouring such a bummer.

I was planning a trip there last month but worried about the rain with 2 small kids and not much else to go and do. I first visited aulani when it was only half open and i was wondering how bad the crowds would be at full capacity. this is making me not want to return

I wouldn’t worry about the crowds. It isn’t too different then a normal busy Disney Resort. The Saturday we checked in was just insane because some group Easter event was clearly going on.

I’d mainly worry about the cost of this worth a Disney Cruise or Disney World with kids if you want to do a longer stay. We’ve had two days of our vacation rained out so far hopefully the weather improves. The activities we’ve done so far outside of the resort the kids haven’t loved and the amount of money getting sucked out of our pockets everyday on top of the costs to stay here really is beyond anything i’d anticipated. Kids have done 5 Disney Cruises so I think we are just used to so much more entertainment and having food whenever they want. It’s a new kind of vacation for us and I think we are just learning how to do Hawaii.

We also did Mehune Mischief and it was explained over the phone as a performance/live Hawaiian show. It literally was a guy walking around the restaurant talking interacting with Stitch and they got the kids in a Congo line. Cute but the dinners on the Disney Cruise were on a completely different level and if you’ve done character dining at the theme parks this was pretty much the same thing but so much more expensive and with average food!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter