Here now. Bought resale 2 months ago. Toured yesterday for direct.

qv09vvp

Disney or Bust
The guide yesterday when told we were trying to decide between poly and copper Creek told us sorry. No more poly sept use year available.

Um. I was under the impression that we get to pick our use year if we buy direct?

He also said that it would be stupid to have 2 different contracts with 2 different use years.

He was really pushing copper And that prices will only go up.

Thoughts? We didn't buy yet btw

They are probably sold out of Sept UY points a the Polynesian. Either that or try a different salesperson. You can't buy the 25 points if they are not your same UY. That a new contract, not an add-on. 25 points at the Polynesian wouldn't get you much anyway. Just get points that match your existing resort.

He also said that it would be stupid to have 2 different contracts with 2 different use years.

I woulnd't use the work "stupid" but it can be inconvenient.
With two UY you would have two different membership, so different banking deadlines, different booking windows and so on. Not too difficult to track, though. The main problem is that you cannot combine the points to book at 7 month easily. You have to call MS to transfer the points from one membershipt to the other and call again to book, as transfered points from different UY and resorts do not appear online.

But there is the advantage that having 2 separate UY will allow you to book with the best one in different months, so you always book when you are far away your banking deadline.
If it's a small add-on, I'd say stick with the same UY, if it's a contract you plan to use on its own, then a different UY could be useful.

Ask to be on a waitlist for Poly Sept. if it doesn’t come through in 3 months, buy 50 points in a different Poly UY. (Poly will be completely sold out in 3 months but there is always some churn.)

I own two UYs, it’s a SMALL hassle, but not enough to buy where I dont want to stay.

As I understand it, Poly still has one final unit to designate a UY. If that hasn’t already happened, it’ll be any day. Maybe it’ll be September, especially if that’s where the waitlist is.

Last edited:

UY for a live resort is designated by unit, and the last unit being sold is not September. This is not a lie. You would just need to wait list.

Hi. We own at SS. We planned to buy 40 to 60 direct.

If your buying CCV you have to get at least 50. I tried to buy less and they would not budge. Ended up getting 55 at ccv because 25 at Poly isn't going to get you much.

If it were me, I would insist on the same resort AND use year as your resale contract. If they say it's not available, make them place you on the wait list. I've heard it won't take too long for them under most scenarios.

To get a different UY direct is a new master contract and generally a 50 pt minimum no matter what the resort (it used to be higher than that a few years ago). If you only want 25 points then it needs to be the same UY. You are aware that you can also look at any DVC resort? It doesn't have to be PVB or CCV or Aulani. They may not have points in your UY but usually offer waitlists for most of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter