Here now- a few interesting things

bayareadisneyland

Mouseketeer
when leaving the insanely crowded park last night, we were waved to a hallway parallel to Main Street- if you are exiting, it would be on the right side- behind the Main Street buildings - is this normal?

Also got evacuated off of splash right before the huge incline- by the singing moles. When we got in our log there was literally six inches of water at the bottom. Got completely drenched on the bear butt drop- like I had just gotten out of the pool drenched. Then the music went off and we kept going for a while- then totally stopped. Weird experience- what would have caused that? Sat there in air conditioning for 30 mins. Got a “magical experience” pass but doesn’t seem like fair for so much time wasted!

Also, GoG seems way way more intense than Tot- to our group anyways. Cool experience but a little bit nauseating!

when leaving the insanely crowded park last night, we were waved to a hallway parallel to Main Street- if you are exiting, it would be on the right side- behind the Main Street buildings - is this normal?
Yes. (It is open at the end of fireworks usually.) And if you are entering the park during a parade, there is a similar one on the east side of Main St that opens up back by the Child Care Center. Makes it much easier to enter or exit during crowds.

Also got evacuated off of splash right before the huge incline- by the singing moles. When we got in our log there was literally six inches of water at the bottom. Got completely drenched on the bear butt drop- like I had just gotten out of the pool drenched. Then the music went off and we kept going for a while- then totally stopped. Weird experience- what would have caused that? Sat there in air conditioning for 30 mins. Got a “magical experience” pass but doesn’t seem like fair for so much time wasted!

Also, GoG seems way way more intense than Tot- to our group anyways. Cool experience but a little bit nauseating!
We were on Splash one night when it went down. Our log was a couple of feet from the top of the photo drop ready to go over when it stopped.
It was fun sitting and waiting for the CM to get us. Climbing out of the log at that angle and height was awkward. My grandkids thought it was the highlight of the day. I was glad we didn't have to climb out of a log in the water flume. Having it planted on the elevation belt I'm sure made it easier.

The corridors behind the main street buildings are extremely nice to help move the crowd from one end to the other. My group likes at the posters in the east side corridor.

Geemo

when leaving the insanely crowded park last night, ...

So interesting how perceptions differ. We were in the parks yesterday, too, and thought that things were relatively calm and not insane at all. There was so much parking available in M&F, no lines at the turnstiles, wait times were relatively easy for us, dining wasn't a problem, etc. Even the Royal Swing Ball wasn't crowded (for Dapper Day weekend! -- but we were sort of expecting that since Viva Las Vegas! was this weekend, too). We were expecting the insanity today, which is why we went yesterday.

So interesting how perceptions differ. We were in the parks yesterday, too, and thought that things were relatively calm and not insane at all. There was so much parking available in M&F, no lines at the turnstiles, wait times were relatively easy for us, dining wasn't a problem, etc. Even the Royal Swing Ball wasn't crowded (for Dapper Day weekend! -- but we were sort of expecting that since Viva Las Vegas! was this weekend, too). We were expecting the insanity today, which is why we went yesterday.
I was thinking Saturdays are usually less busy. But I know today is nuts.

Last time we went on splash in Disneyland we had a log full of adults -and 3 of them would easily be considered 'bigger'. We took on so much water it was like sitting in a bathtub after that one drop you mentioned! Some of the water drained out as we kept going but again on the big drop - be thankful you didn't do that one! It was so full and it was like we had gone swimming! Havent been back on it since then as I dont mind a splash, but its uncomfortable being sopping wet and just 'sitting in water' for 10 min ride. We went back to the hotel to change! We go to WDW every year and get nothing more than a small sprinkle (unless in the front, which we avoid).

I thought it was pretty busy yesterday around lunch time and then it tapered off.

I thought it was pretty busy yesterday around lunch time and then it tapered off.

Compared to Dapper Day Weekend last year, this wasn't bad at all. Viva Las Vegas! being held the same weekend really had an impact on the DD crowds. There were fewer vendors at the Expo (many chose to go to VLV instead), and we saw noticeably fewer guests dressed up in the parks than we usually do on DD Saturday. So while the day was normal-busy, it wasn't nearly what we would have expected for a normal DD Saturday. And with the lower 3 passes blocked, that had an effect on the DD crowds, too. We knew lots of APs who were planning to attend DD today because they weren't blocked. And some people were planning to drive straight back from VLV to DD on the way home. So the crowds were bound to go up today anyway, in addition to the normal Sunday increase.

I also think GOTG seems to have more constant up/down/up/down than ToT did, but my family didn't so who knows?

We were on Splash the day it came up from Refurb. We got absolutely soaked and our feet drenched ankle deep in water. It was up for 20 min and then down for 3hr, up again for 1/2 hour and down for 2. We even ended up getting a magic pass becuase it was down so much. When we finally saw it up and literally sprinted over there about 9pm on Sunday the 15th... it went down just as we got to Zipedy doo dah! We had to be evacutated soaking wet. It seemed too wet imo

To me GOTG is a ride worth riding - ToT was so boring as it was the same thing every.single.time and since I am 49 and never watched The Twilight Zone on TV, that ride needed a face lift more than Joan Rivers... it is our favorite ride at DLR now though as we LOVE the movies too.

Been here yesterday and today. Found crowds very manageable. Busy for sure but way better than we were expecting! We aren’t here for Dapper Day so we’re happy it’s not too insane!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter