Here is what is left of the Great Movie Ride

I think they missed a great opportunity to build a attraction that was associated with Walt Disney and the film studio for example a Disney achieve ride. Still excited for Mickey having a return to the theme parks!

Observations:
I don't disagree; but we need more thrill rides like Aerosmith and Everest, NOT like Gringotts and Rip Ride Rockit...
For some reason I’d like a rip ride rockit in Disney but then I realized Everest is like a million times better and is only a little bit slower than rockit. Then it dawned on me Disney’s coasters don’t have exposed track supports outside of the barnstormer and slinky dog!! Thought about it, big thunder is terrain hugging, the mountain ridge is built around the track for Everest and mine train, space mountain and rock n roller coaster are indoors, and primeval whirl has a funny steel block structure that really isn’t the exact definition of coaster supports, like hulk, dueling dragons or rockit! So I take it if we get another big coaster that’s tall it’ll most likely have the track hugging the terrain! Weird observation
We were just at HP a few weeks ago and Lightning Racer gave me the worst headache, and I said the same thing! HP's metal coasters are great (especially the Great Bear, best coaster ever!) but I can't stand the jostling of their wooden ones anymore. Definitely prefer the smoothness of Disney's.
On the wildcat the lap bar crunched down one notch after the first drop and my sister couldn’t breathe the rest of the ride. The same thing happened on the wild mouse and trailblazer for some odd reason. I sent my sister when I thought of it the safety video from the simpsons ride where scratchy pulls down the lap bar too far I sent my sister and went “look it’s you at Hershey.” I did love laff track it was so smooth!
Gringotts is a FANTASTIC ride, Disney need something like it....
See I would love a dark ride coaster combo that is more dark ride than coaster like gringotts, but more physical sets. To me the screen aspect was crutched on too much as opposed to forbidden journey and Spider-Man which in my mind are really good balances of physical v. Screen

Gringotts is a FANTASTIC ride, Disney need something like it....

Wow. Here's another example of "different strokes for different folks." I've ridden Gringotts four times on two trips, years apart. Each and every time it has malfunctioned. I think it's short, (obviously) buggy, and over-relies on screens. The first time I rode it, we all came off saying "that was a waste of time." The building looks great - but the ride is the most underwhelming experience in Orlando, methinks.

Wow. Here's another example of "different strokes for different folks." I've ridden Gringotts four times on two trips, years apart. Each and every time it has malfunctioned. I think it's short, (obviously) buggy, and over-relies on screens. The first time I rode it, we all came off saying "that was a waste of time." The building looks great - but the ride is the most underwhelming experience in Orlando, methinks.

Yeah, I couldn’t disagree more. I thought the ride was great. I rode it twice in a row (single rider line). There weren’t any technical issues.

Interesting how we trust people. The whole time I was watching the video, I was thinking that it could have been shot on the catwalk of a warehouse, and we wouldn't know any different. I'm not saying it's not real, I just thought it was funny.

Put me in the 'not interested in more rides I can't ride' crowd. Thrill rides have their place, but the special thing about Disney was always that it had things that were different from everyone else. There is a reason many of us go to Disney parks and not the all-roller-coasters-all-the-time places.

It breaks my heart that the new Guardians of the Galaxy ride at Epcot is going to be a coaster. I *adore* the Guardians movies, and now I won't be able to enjoy a ride based on them. Phoo.

This is a late off topic remark but the day after my sisters Disney trip she wanted us to go to Hersheypark together, right after we ate she wanted to do lightning racer together. Lightning racer is a dualing wooden coaster that packs a pretty forceful punch if you ask me. She got off and told me “I’m so used to Disney where all the coasters are nice and smooth. I wasn’t ready for something like this!” But yeah sometimes I like that Disney is not trying to get me out of my comfort zone with forces, this coming from someone who is 21! Sometimes everest backwards is too much for me but I understand that feeling and thought that was a funny story to share
Everest backwards messes with me big time. The near vertical section really throws me off, and is easily one of my least favorite section in any Disney attraction.

I suck it up because the ride overall is awesome

Interesting how we trust people. The whole time I was watching the video, I was thinking that it could have been shot on the catwalk of a warehouse, and we wouldn't know any different. I'm not saying it's not real, I just thought it was funny.

Put me in the 'not interested in more rides I can't ride' crowd. Thrill rides have their place, but the special thing about Disney was always that it had things that were different from everyone else. There is a reason many of us go to Disney parks and not the all-roller-coasters-all-the-time places.

It breaks my heart that the new Guardians of the Galaxy ride at Epcot is going to be a coaster. I *adore* the Guardians movies, and now I won't be able to enjoy a ride based on them. Phoo.
It’s a balance. It looks like the Star Wars rides aren’t going to be super thrilling (a simulator and a trackless ride) so they definitely have some different stuff in the pipeline. Runaway railroad is supposed to be a dark ride I believe

Everest backwards messes with me big time. The near vertical section really throws me off, and is easily one of my least favorite section in any Disney attraction.

I suck it up because the ride overall is awesome
Same with the backwards! One time I rode it I got the front and I was not expecting it to be as forceful as it was. I think by the time we stopped to see the yeti ripping off the track my head was in my shirt I was given in so much to the forces. Honestly Everest is how much forces I can tolerate. I know I’m young and I should be more adventurous but I also know my limits and I know well enough I would not do well if I drew out the forceful thirty seconds of Everest backwards to extend to a whole rides length.

Just throwing this out there Everest is my favorite coaster because of the overall experience. It is truly awesome

Same with the backwards! One time I rode it I got the front and I was not expecting it to be as forceful as it was. I think by the time we stopped to see the yeti ripping off the track my head was in my shirt I was given in so much to the forces. Honestly Everest is how much forces I can tolerate. I know I’m young and I should be more adventurous but I also know my limits and I know well enough I would not do well if I drew out the forceful thirty seconds of Everest backwards to extend to a whole rides length.

Just throwing this out there Everest is my favorite coaster because of the overall experience. It is truly awesome
You and I are of similar age (I’m almost 23) and I feel your pain. Everest is the only Disney coaster that I have to hesitate and say “maybe a second time isn’t a good idea” depending on the day. But through all that I love it dearly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter