Here is a video of a REAL 1 bedroom villa at Riviera

cbyrne1174

Mouseketeer

It's about 20 points cheaper a week than the Grand Floridian. At that price, it seems like you're better off just staying at the Grand Floridian.

Both amused and unsurprised when she stepped out on the porch, the "preferred view" appears to be mostly parking lot view, with Spaceship Earth in the far distance.

View is pretty much the same idea as the Theme Park View from BLT. Looking forward to hopefully staying here sometime (though not likely buying in here).

I like the room, dislike the “preferred” parking lot view.
Aren’t the BLT lower MK view rooms (even those higher) really looking at a parking lot and MK bus loop? These seemed much greener than BLT so seemed a wash too me. And those with theme park views of HS at Riviera will have a much nicer view.

Aren’t the BLT lower MK view rooms (even those higher) really looking at a parking lot and MK bus loop? These seemed much greener than BLT so seemed a wash too me. And those with theme park views of HS at Riviera will have a much nicer view.

Yes, but I wouldn’t spend the points for a BLT MK view either.

I would need to see the preferred view in person. Sometimes video makes things seem further than they actually are.

Nope, I don't care for the colors(lack of in hallway/room) and not liking the room style - very hodgepodge.
I guess some people will like it.
Oh but you do get s lovely view of the parking lot.
Just not for me.

I will say... I just watched the video from the other thread.
The resort itself is absolutely beautiful (from what I can see in the video).
It’s just the actual room design & theming (lack of) that is uninspiring.

I will say... I just watched the video from the other thread.
The resort itself is absolutely beautiful (from what I can see in the video).
It’s just the actual room design & theming (lack of) that is uninspiring.
Yep, don't care at all for the rooms.
Might grab a drink there.
Walk around the grounds, but that's about it. Unimpressed.

I am really excited, I am a fan of this type of building design and the theme and colors are my style.

Isn’t it cool that there are so many DVC resorts that everyone can find one..or many..that fits?

Of course, I think whoever this was should have done her homework about the features before hand!

We toured the models and I liked the rooms. There are things about the resort that look nice. But the point cost to stay there is way too high, IMO. It's not a location where you can walk to a park. And I am not sure what the views will be like. Not like MK firework views. So to me it's a moderate at deluxe (like top tier deluxe too) point cost.

We toured the models and I liked the rooms. There are things about the resort that look nice. But the point cost to stay there is way too high, IMO. It's not a location where you can walk to a park. And I am not sure what the views will be like. Not like MK firework views. So to me it's a moderate at deluxe (like top tier deluxe too) point cost.

I have been playing around with some different dates for a friend of mine next year around Xmas time and there are actually a few times..and haven’t studied the two charts extensively..when a SV studio at Rivera is very close in point cost to a Pool/Garden view at BWV..like maybe 1 or 2 points a night more?

I certainly know that many situations and seasons the points vary by more, but I was surprised to see that there are a few times one could stay at RIV without having to spend a ton more.

I have been playing around with some different dates for a friend of mine next year around Xmas time and there are actually a few times..and haven’t studied the two charts extensively..when a SV studio at Rivera is very close in point cost to a Pool/Garden view at BWV..like maybe 1 or 2 points a night more?

I certainly know that many situations and seasons the points vary by more, but I was surprised to see that there are a few times one could stay at RIV without having to spend a ton more.
It's worth it then. Or for just a shorter stay. I will prob book for like a 3 night trip sometime (I have BWV for end of Oct that maybe I will switch at 7 months though DH might shoot that down). I also want to try out the renovated rooms at SSR too.

It’s nice. I like the art in the Murphy beds and the couch is a pretty color. Kitchen has very little counter space-it’s pretty meh if you actually want to prepare meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts