Here is a Campsite Marker for DIS Members

Okay so the paint chips were square with the color sample in the shape of the Mickey Head. The one shown below was trimmed to make a hang tag. Also pictured is the Team Focker lanyards some of us wore one year. If we spotted a fellow Disboards member we were supposed to do the Focker I'm watching you sign. The Home Depot paint code is visible in the picture but you would have to call and see if they still have that code in their system to mix.

I did end up getting the paint from Lowes a while ago. The color I chose (which was close) was called (I believe since I don't have it with me at the moment) "Spinach Green". I found the name kind of humorous because spinach is generally a deeper green. Once sprayed on though, it is definitely not a darker green.

I need to get back on that sign though. I need to work on the lettering.

Thanks... the green will compliment my big purple box at our site!

I have questions for all. What is the best loop to request at check in? I do have a pet, so I need to request a pet loop. This is my first time camping at Ft. Wilderness a bit anxious about our drive pulling a travel trailer. It will be our longest journey yet for my family (from NC).

I also have a hound dog who is quiet for the most part; however, she barks if any other dogs bark. Should I invest in one of those devices that aids in stopping dogs from barking? I read we could be asked to board our dog it she makes noise. Just wondering how often that happens.

Last edited:

I have questions for all. What is the best loop to request at check in? I do have a pet, so I need to request a pet loop. This is my first time camping at Ft. Wilderness and must admit that I am bit anxious about our drive pulling a travel trailer. It will be our longest journey yet for my family (from NC).

I also have a hound dog who is quiet for the most part; however, she barks if any other dogs bark. Should I invest in one of those devices that aids in stopping dogs from barking? I read we could be asked to board our dog it she makes noise. Just wondering how often that happens.

tpartcart - "Best Loop" is such a subjective thing. First let me suggest that you have a look at http://disboards.com/threads/fort-wilderness-resort-information-a-work-in-progress.3502095/ as there is good information there (It is actually a "Pinned" post in this forum). There is a map to help you identify the loops and which ones are typically pet friendly. I am sure you can get lots of opinions though on what is ideal. I do however, suggest that you pose your question either in another thread (using the search to find one) or into a new thread so that the thread could be kept on topic so this topic doesn't get hijacked. You should also include what your concerns for a loop are. (Location, privacy, size, shade, type such as preferred, full, etc..) and maybe a bit about your camper (Pop-up, Travel Trailer, 5er, Class A/B/C, Tent, Van, etc..)

I reserved a full hook up site. Thank you both for the replies. I will start a new thread as you've suggested.

Well I have the first coat of Polyurethane on the sign. I need to get at least one more. I can only do one side at a time and it requires a minimum of 4 hours to dry. Sadly I gave more than 3 days between the front and back coats. I got to get in gear. Only a short time left. :)

Just ordered our sign. I also ordered some business cards with our logo on it to give out in case we meet any of the fine folks on here.

Looks good, Beth and Pete. :thumbsup2

I admit I had to look up on Google Maps where your home town is. :surfweb:

Bama Ed

Has anyone been able to have one of these printed at Vistaprint lately? I spent a couple of hours working on a sign tonight (I'm slow..). Unfortunately, once I finally made a sign I like, Vistaprint wouldn't let me proceed past the review phase. It gives me an error message that the image is too low quality and won't turn out well, and it says I need to load a higher resolution image. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or where I can find a higher resolution image that would work?

Has anyone been able to have one of these printed at Vistaprint lately? I spent a couple of hours working on a sign tonight (I'm slow..). Unfortunately, once I finally made a sign I like, Vistaprint wouldn't let me proceed past the review phase. It gives me an error message that the image is too low quality and won't turn out well, and it says I need to load a higher resolution image. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or where I can find a higher resolution image that would work?

DKSABS,

That's all I had to work with. I just went ahead with my VistaPrint order.

I addressed the low res in post #25 on page 2 of this thread. It won't be crisp and clean but from several feet away it will look fine.

Of course, if anyone can improve on the base green DIS head or can find a better on the DIS, let me know.

Bama Ed

The DW and I had our sign made through VistaPrint mid March. We did not experience any issues online. Try a different browser to see if that makes a difference. It could be your browser or Vistaprint.

We used the template provided in the first post by Bama Ed. The final product is a bit fuzzy as Bama Ed said, but from several feet away it looks great. We also had business cards made with the logo on it to give out. They are crisp and clear. We had the glossy front to make it pop. And the regular back to make it easy to write on.

Dis CardA.jpg

Thank you both. I'll try a different browser when I get home and hopefully that will make a difference. I did see the resolution issue addressed in post 25, so I knew to expect fuzzy edges upon receipt, and I was OK with that. Unfortunately, vistaprint refused to let me proceed past that point, even if I was aware of and willing to accept the lower quality. Hopefully I'll be able to get it to work in another browser. I appreciate the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!