Here I go again on my own...kind of. A June 2019 Solo-ish Trip Report *Updated 7/16/2020

Sounds like a nice lunch at Skipper Canteen! Love all your pics around the hub and at the resort! You definitely needed an early night!

It was a nice quiet lunch. It wasn't busy in there at all (it was at 330) so it was great.

I was grateful for blackout curtains and ear plugs!! The only negative was I woke up wide awake around 3am and had to make myself go back to sleep for a little longer

Joining in! What a disastrous travel day- I definitely wouldn't have been calm at all. Thank goodness you finally made it to Disney!

Something magical happens when I get on property, the craziness of travel day eventually faded from my mind. But wow, at the time, I was not happy at all!!

They're talking about doing away with the Country Bear Jamboree?! That's just wrong!

Love the cachapas at Skipper's Canteen, but the new presentation doesn't look as appetizing.

I'm enjoying your trip report, thanks for sharing!

I think (hope) it's an unfounded rumor. WDWNT has been throwing out some wacky ideas lately that have been completely false, so my hope is that this is another one of those.

The new presentation is pretty sad, I agree. It's very scaled back, but still tasty. If I was super starving, it wouldn't be enough by itself anymore.

Thank you, I'm glad you're following along!!

:laughing: Don't I know it! I have very similar photos from all my trips.

Did you have to tap your band for it or did it flow to your MDE? I had no idea this was a new thing and either I missed where you tap for it or something went wrong and we didn't get our ride photo. Oh well.

obnoxious. It is lucky they didn't stop the ride or make an announcement telling her to stop.

Sure way to eliminate getting any sort of tip at all.

I agree! Those ducks know what they are about!

LOL, I always take a picture first thing in the morning just to prove my hair looked halfway decent at one point during the day :rotfl:

No tapping, it just automatically showed up in my photos. I am missing one from my solo ride on SDMT...usually I'll use the contact form to get any pictures I'm missing, but the SDMT ones aren't always flattering so I didn't bother to even try, LOL!!

I know! I know the water is treated and everything, since you get splashed at the end it can't be teeming with bacteria or anything, but it still grosses me out, and it's just dangerous. Plus, when she would snap the towel droplets would fly off onto me which is GROSS b/c the ride water might be treated but whatever else was on the towel was surely NOT :crazy2::crazy2:

lol, I usually tip extra well in that scenario and am very sickly sweet to them when they come over with the check. They're usually slightly taken aback, and while petty, it makes me feel better, LOL!! But externally it doesn't make me look like a bad guy, hahaha!!

Super smart duckies. I just wish people would stop feeding them!

Clueless people in the FP line, ugh!

What a nice afternoon in MK

YC looks beautiful, I really like it there!

i feel bad for getting so annoyed by it, but come one! FPs aren't complicated, and when people don't know how to tap in it really holds up a line for a few minutes until they get themselves sorted out.

It was nice! Just the right amount of time, and the perfect rides to make me feel "home" and to forget about the awful time getting there.

It's super pretty. I have some mixed feelings on the resort/area, which I'll really get into at the end of the report, but you sure can't deny how beautiful it is!!

Keeping that drink in mind for lunch there on the 10th!
So different! And much, much smaller!
I ordered the pineapple dessert there in March and it was comically small.
Love those!
Right???
Same! It's just the best!

It was really good sangria! I kind of figured the sangria across property would all be similar, but this was different from what I remember at Victoria Falls Lounge at AKL. I'd recommend it for sure.

Definitely smaller!

Tiny desserts :sad2::sad2: Don't they know we really need my sugar rush?? LOL. Sometimes the size of things baffles me - either super large or ridiculously small

I still don't believe it!

I love how you're looking in the opposite direction :rotfl:

They must get SO much food. That's the sweet duck life.

I don't want to believe it either. I think it's one of their crazy ones they just threw out there to freak people out. I don't trust anyone who's ok with it going away :rotfl:

I know, what is going on? It's the one ride I remember where the flash is, lol!

Oh wow, that is really incredibly bland. But not sure what they could do to make it more impressive...

This drives me bonkers! It isn't a difficult concept. Nothing about FP is a difficult concept!

That's GROSS. Also reminds me when I was at Disneyland I rode solo, got through the drops without getting wet and then the teenagers, who were with their dad, started splashing each other - which of course splashed me. I was SOAKED! I actually yelled at them to stop because 1. you're not supposed to put your hands outside the boat, and 2. it's rude!!! The dad just apologetically smiled instead of getting his brats in line. I was so angry!

Yes! Excellent taste!

That's bizarre! Makes no sense.

This is soooo good!

I agree! It's a really solid choice. Feels like a hidden gem.

The single rider row. Out of sight, out of mind haha!

I adore this shot!

For a luxurious night of sleep in your very own king sized bed!

They were like, Ok, we spent the whole budget on the back...no one really sees the front, so let's just paint it white and call it a day, LOL. The Boardwalk at least has a pretty sign on the front.

I agree. I do NOT understand the confusion of FP!!

Ugh, yes. I said above that i know the ride water is treated, but not whatever else she was splashing around on the towel :crazy2: I don't want to get droplets of sweat towel splash on me - EW!
I would have said something about those kids on your ride, too. And if I was the dad I'd have FOR SURE shut that down asap. Annoying and rude!!

I have the song as my ringtone, lol. Sometimes I mix it up with Small World. Even though my phone is on silent most of the time, at least *I* know it's there ::yes::

My solo dining experiences have been hit or miss with service. Sometimes I think they're annoyed b/c they're not getting a big tip b/c the overall ticket is small, or maybe they feel awkward with just one person?? At Tiffins a couple years ago I had a guy in training, and he was SUUUUPER awkward until I assured him I would be an easy table and not to worry. He visibly relaxed and it was much better. The Skipper's guy on this day seemed like a veteran server, but I felt very low on his list of priorities. I could maybe understand that if it was busy in there, but he only had a couple of other tables, which were right next to mine, so I could hear him being more peppy and friendly with them. :confused3

LOL, oh I have a ride later in the trip where I reallllly felt alone. It's the solo rider shunning, ha!

Thank you, it's one of my favorites too!

Yes! My big giant bed (that i slept in one small piece of :rotfl:)

Good gracious, that's a ridiculously long Fastpass line! :eek: I swear the lines at Haunted Mansion have become insane since they instituted Fastpass+.

I think your Haunted Mansion picture is very good! It looks like you knew where the camera was (unlike pretty much every other report I've seen).

What good luck making it onto Splash Mountain! You picked my favorite spot in the log - the back! (I don't mind getting a little wet, but I prefer my hair and lap to remain mostly dry! :laughing:)

You found great attractions to enjoy in order to avoid the rainy weather! Would you believe I haven't seen the Country Bears in years?! Carousel of Progress is my personal favorite classic Disney attraction - I experience it multiple times each trip and would be DEVASTATED if it closed. I do need to revisit the Country Bears, though!

Your lunch at Skipper's Canteen looks excellent! I've not been to Skipper's Canteen, although it looks like I'd really enjoy it! It's a bummer about your server, though. I always hate having a server that seems like he's uninterested in helping me.

I also love watching the ducks near Cinderella Castle. The mini statues are always fun to look at (and photograph!), too!

I'm glad you got to go to bed early! That should make the next day much better!

I have only run into issues with the HM line a few times, and it's always the backed up FP line with people not knowing how to manage it, or how to use both sides to tap...and I always feel rude if an entire family is using one side (even with the CM repeatedly telling them to use both) and I scoot up to use the side that's empty. I get some mean looks, but I'd happily let them all ahead of me, and usually do...i don't think they understand they're the reason the line is backed up :rolleyes:

Haha, I was watching ahead to see when the flash was. I knew it was by the portraits that change with the lightning, but I don't know why I'm tipping my head up like that??

I don't mind getting wet unless it's my face! My hair is always a disaster from the humidity so I gave up being worried about that, LOL

I never spend a ton of time in Tomorrowland, but I LOVE Carousel of Progress!! It was in the plans for this trip but I never managed to make it on :sad:

Skipper's is really one of my top restaurants, I hope you get to try it soon. I'm hoping the server issue was more that he wasn't sure HOW to deal with a solo diner vs. thinking it was b/c he wasn't going to make much on my small ticket. But I was super conscious of that, which is partly why I ordered a drink, app, AND dessert...I figure my check was better than someone just ordering an entree, so I was trying to be thoughtful and make it my primary meal of the day. Who knows??

The early night definitely helped carry me through the next day!!

Don't feel guilty.

So, when we were there in Feb, mine looked like your bottom picture. The new "presentation" isn't as grand. :(

YEAH!!!! MK is always good for the soul!

It just makes me feel like Walt is watching me and shaking his head in disappointment :rotfl::rotfl:

Ugh, so as recently as Feb it was the "normal" presentation? I wonder when it changed, boo! It was still good, but not as good as before.

Definitely good for the soul!! It was just what I needed!

While I was in the process of checking in, a guy came over to the desk. He was very, very intoxicated. He kept interrupting the woman trying to help me. He kept saying he'd lost his room key, and he didn't know where his girlfriend was. His girlfriend walked by and found him, and he said, "Oh, she's my key" and began laughing hysterically and wandered away.

A few seconds later he came back, proudly sporting a gray magic band and informing anyone who would listen that his girlfriend gave him "this bracelet thing", and then would proceed to shove it in people's faces asking "What the heck (edited for content, LOL) am I supposed to do with THIS thing? She gave me this thing, what the HECK am I supposed to do with it?!?" The poor woman helping me was fairly young and did not seem equipped to deal with this (although *spoiler* later in the week some very loud, drunk convention goers would take over the YC for a few days, so surely this wasn't her first go 'round)
Hahaha that sounds hilarious.
Anyway, I got checked in and had a room assigned. As I walked toward the elevator I smelled the guy from the desk coming my way with his girlfriend, looking embarrassed and miserable, trailing along behind him.
LOL I wonder if they are still together.
He then looks at me and suddenly shouts, "WHERE'S your mouse EARS?? You're not in UNIFORM"

xDkAqh0.gif

I assured him I had several pair in my suitcase, and not to worry, I'd be in uniform soon :rotfl::rotfl:
He sounds like a riot!
They got off on the floor below me, and I couldn't handle it anymore, I started giggling, and the woman just glared at me. I gave her what I hope was a sympathetic look and said, "Have a good night!" which afterward I realized probably sounded kind of sarcastic. I actually felt pretty bad for her.
You can't take your drunk significant other anywhere these days!
There was an overwhelming sense of relief to be in a cool, comfortable room and know I was finally, finally HOME!!
yay!
I walked the looong walk back to the lobby and as I passed the desk I saw my old buddy from earlier. He was telling a new person at the desk that he'd lost his room key, he was being given yet another gray band by the CM, and as I walked out the front door toward the buses I heard one last, "WHAT the HECK am I supposed to do with THIS thing??"

I guess he'd escaped his girlfriend again, lol.
She probably gave up!
Nice picture! At least you knew where the cameras are!
I know it isn't everyone's favorite, but I love the Tiki Room.
I love the Tiki Room! Esp with a Dole Whip!

Again, I'm not sure that the picture is showing appropriate scale, this was really tiny. But it was so rich that it was the perfect size. The "chocolate cake" was really a heavy brownie type thing, very thick and gooey. Like the kind that sticks to your fork. The cashew caramel ice cream was AMAZING, and so was the whipped cream on top.
Yum that looks so yummy! I have to give Skippers Canteen another try. We weren't that impressed the first time but they have since changed the menu so I think we will do it again!
The entire area in the Boardwalk loop is just perfect for meandering and photographing and people watching. It's a very laid back area, and I liked having the time to myself to take whatever pictures I wanted, and just BE there, without worrying about someone else being bored or tired.
I love that resort area!!

Goooood Monday morning!!!

I hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Ours was kind of a rollercoaster...the overflow pan on our air conditioner was dripping in our garage, which means something is wrong in the regular drainage pipe, and I'd sort of balanced a big rubbermaid tub on the edge of an old dresser that used to be our entertainment center to catch the drips. The water level got much higher than we'd anticipated and the corner of the dresser punctured the rubbermaid thing and poured a huge amount of water all over our garage floor, prompting us to take everything out from one side and then run fans and a shop vac to try and dry it out. Then we had to fix the regular drainage pipe outside and it was just a whole big thing :sad2:

dSCvIX7.gif

On a more fun note, DH and I went to see Annabelle Comes Home on Saturday, and last night we all went to see a local fireworks show (which really equates to parking Matt's truck strategically in the Steak and Shake parking lot and watching from there) We hadn't gone in a few years, and we used to easily park closer in a hotel parking lot up on a hill, but this year people were parked in every parking lot and empty grassy area in like a mile radius all around the megachurch that was putting on the show. Kids were running all along sidewalks (in a VERY busy area near the interstate on ramp in a busy shopping/dining district with a 50mph speed limit) and I was a nervous wreck thinking they were going to dart out into traffic. The spot where we were parked has a bunch of restaurants all together, and it's built at the bottom of a hill in a small valley-esque area with a huge retaining wall on one side. It's about as tall as a three or four story building, and a group of teenagers were climbing up it...which was all fun and games until they realized they had to get down, and one girl was wearing flip flops. You can imagine how well that went, but thankfully no one fell.

Onz4ZLv.gif

DH also informed me that my macbook is part of a battery recall (something about them exploding?? :scared1: ) so he's going to take it in for a replacement in the next couple of days, and I hate trying to update TRs on an ipad, so I'm going to see how much I can cram in today and tomorrow.

Here is...

Chapter Four: A Journey to the future and a trip around (most of the) world

So the previous night I had gone to bed super early, like around 6:30 or 7pm-ish. I woke up wide awake at 3am and then forced myself back to sleep for a couple more hours, and got up for good around 6am.

My plan was to visit Epcot, just like when DH was supposed to be with me. In our original plans we had lunch reservations at San Angel Inn (DH's request, he'd never been), but I cancelled that when it turned into a solo adventure for me. I was beginning my day with not-so-optimal FP times, no plans for any meals, and a bright sunshiny day ahead of me. What would I do??

EGnxn82.gif

Well, first thing's first, I needed some coffee, and I was happy to have a keurig in the room instead of the weird pod coffee things that gross me out (I just feel like there's no way to clean those machines, and I guess a keurig is no different, but please let me live in denial, ok??)

Yes, I bring cup cozies with me to WDW. I actually keep them all around at home - one in my car, one in my purse, and one in the storage compartment of our sectional - I don't like drippy iced take out drinks, and hot cups burn my hands. Don't judge :rotfl::rotfl:

Warning** this post might be a little boring to start with!! This first post in the chapter will basically just be rope drop procedure for International Gateway on this day, June 10.

I'd mentioned being afraid my room was at World's End, shoved way back by the Dolphin's tail, but I'd also mentioned realizing it wasn't so bad. The previous night I'd noticed another exit sign near my room, and I decided to see where it went.

Then a lightbulb went off in my head and I remembered the Dis thread for the Yacht/Beach Club, and the information about the "secret entrance".

I decided to explore and exit that way this morning since I had the time.

(There's also an elevator, but I took the stairs this day - I obviously wasn't exhausted yet, LOL)

You go down to the bottom floor and there are two doors - one that is the first floor entrance (that you can take to the laundry room, or walk down the hall to the exit door to the quiet pool), and the other is the outside exit.

You pop out here:

This is the door you need to look for from the outside:

You just tap your band and click! You're in. I used this entrance/exit most of the time for the first part of my trip.

I decided to go slow this morning, it was a very quiet beginning to the day. Only a few people out and about (mostly joggers and landscaping crew).

A couple of years ago I had an incident with a squirrel in Epcot...it touched my foot and I screamed. So now when I see them darting around I get a little nervous :scared:

Do you ever see stuff and wonder, "who came up with that idea, and WHY?" I feel that way about the rolling bush planters that are used to cover up construction work

I mean, they're very useful, and it's a logical invention, but I still wonder who came up with the idea. Not enough to google it, but you know :confused3

I love the painting on the gondola station, but I can't figure out a good angle to photograph it.

I'm on team "Yay, Gondolas!", so I can't wait for them to be up and running. I would get the opportunity to see them testing covered throughout the week, and also uncovered from afar at DHS (and from an uber later in the week). I think they're so pretty and cheerful, and I'm excited to see them colorfully polka-dotting the skies soon.

So that was my walk to Epcot...once I got there, only a couple of other families were there with me. I sat on a bench to wait, but more and more people arrived and began forming a line, so once it got to a certain point I gave up my seat and joined them. They eventually opened up the tapstiles and we were allowed in, and then taken up the pathway to wait for awhile.

Our view while waiting was pretty!!

As the crowd grew, they moved us forward again, this time to the UK.

I was happy to see some remnants of Flower and Garden Festival left!

There was a family ahead of me with the cutest little girl. They were taking pictures, and she was sort of just wandering and looking at stuff, but once the camera came out she would strike the perfect pose, LOL. As soon as it snapped, she was off again. It cracked me up!!

I'm not sure if it was the same little girl or not, but behind me later I heard a dad say, "Look! Who is that?" in reference to the Peter Pan topiary. She said, "It's Peter Pan and the Man!", which also cracked me and several others around us up. It sounded like a 70s tv show, LOL.

"Don't miss the excitement Monday night, tune in to Peter Pan and the Man!" :rotfl::rotfl:

I was pretty close to the front of the pack

but after the CM came to make us repeat a few rules ("I promise I will not run. I promise I will have a great day. I promise I WILL NOT RUN"), she set us free to enter the park and people were just blowing by me.

I didn't have any desire to race anyone on a day I planned to be in the park for a long time, so I started slowly and admired some more topiaries (that would be gone the next day)

My fast passes for the day were for Soarin', Spaceship Earth, and Living with the Land. I'd get a little creative with those throughout the morning. My first planned stop for the day was Norway, however, and I soon stepped up my pace just a little bit, and began moving that way.

With a few of my closest friends:

People were doing some seriously supercharged power walking, which made me laugh, because *spoiler* it was a walk on once we all got up there.

There was a scrim up beside the Mexico QS restaurant

I didn't pay any attention to what exactly was being done there though, oops!

I got to Frozen Ever After and it had a posted wait time of 10 minutes

but like I just mentioned in my *spoiler* above, it was walk on. There was another sweet little girl in line behind me with her mom who took a liking to me, and chatted me up as we walked through the line. She said, "Maybe we'll be in the same boat!" and when we WERE in the same boat, she was very excited, LOL.

I had two guys join me in my row, and when they got in the boat the one closest to me said, "I'm sorry, she made us go in this boat", LOL, like I was so offended to have to share my seat?? I just laughed and said it's fine, I don't bite!

I flinched at the anticipation of a splash as the photo flash went off, so the ride photo is pretty terrible

After the ride, my little buddy there behind me was chattering about the ride to me again and asked if I got splashed. I said, not really, but I think I'm making a funny face in the picture because I was afraid I WOULD get splashed! And she laughed so hard, in the way that only little girls around four years old can laugh. I think her mom was either afraid the little girl was bothering me, or didn't want her daughter making friends with strange adults, so when it was clear mom was trying to steer her in another direction, I told her to have a super fun day, and headed toward Future World. It was 9:14am according to a screenshot I took as I was leaving Norway.

The path ahead was much different than the one going the opposite way just a few minutes earlier

After exiting Mexico on the way to Future World, I stopped to take more F&G Leftovers pictures:

It made me so happy to see some remnants of the floral quilt still hanging around.

I had successfully and easily traveled through the fjords of Arendelle and was ready to see what the Future had in store for the next part of my day.

Whew, we made it! Thanks for sticking with me through that not-so-exciting to read about beginning to my day. Next time will be my time in Future World, including a last minute lunch reservation at a restaurant I'd never been to before!!

Enjoy your Monday, and happy July!!

(and it's definitely not morning anymore...it took forever to write this in bits and pieces around laundry and grocery shopping!)

DH is pretty excited about the gondolas...he wanted to change our hotel to Pop so we would be able to use them. We are sticking with AS Sports this time though. Maybe next trip will be at Pop.
Nice that FEA was a walk-on! I've been watching wait times for the last few weeks and it seems to stay pretty low in the morning.

Such pretty pics on your way into Epcot! Glad you were able to get on FEA and even make a little friend ;)

Very cool that you got to see some leftovers of F&G!

Ours was kind of a rollercoaster...the overflow pan on our air conditioner was dripping in our garage, which means something is wrong in the regular drainage pipe, and I'd sort of balanced a big rubbermaid tub on the edge of an old dresser that used to be our entertainment center to catch the drips. The water level got much higher than we'd anticipated and the corner of the dresser punctured the rubbermaid thing and poured a huge amount of water all over our garage floor, prompting us to take everything out from one side and then run fans and a shop vac to try and dry it out. Then we had to fix the regular drainage pipe outside and it was just a whole big thing :sad2:
Ugh just ugh......:(
It's about as tall as a three or four story building, and a group of teenagers were climbing up it...which was all fun and games until they realized they had to get down, and one girl was wearing flip flops. You can imagine how well that went, but thankfully no one fell.
Sounds like something my three would do.....
Well, first thing's first, I needed some coffee, and I was happy to have a keurig in the room instead of the weird pod coffee things that gross me out (I just feel like there's no way to clean those machines, and I guess a keurig is no different, but please let me live in denial, ok??)
Denial can be a happy place. :)
You just tap your band and click! You're in. I used this entrance/exit most of the time for the first part of my trip.
I like it!
I'm on team "Yay, Gondolas!", so I can't wait for them to be up and running. I would get the opportunity to see them testing covered throughout the week, and also uncovered from afar at DHS (and from an uber later in the week). I think they're so pretty and cheerful, and I'm excited to see them colorfully polka-dotting the skies soon.
I'm a fellow "yay gondolas" team member!
I'm not sure if it was the same little girl or not, but behind me later I heard a dad say, "Look! Who is that?" in reference to the Peter Pan topiary. She said, "It's Peter Pan and the Man!", which also cracked me and several others around us up. It sounded like a 70s tv show, LOL.
Hahaha!!
I got to Frozen Ever After and it had a posted wait time of 10 minutes
Remember when it was an intense competition to get to FEA??
The path ahead was much different than the one going the opposite way just a few minutes earlier
Now that's the kind of pathway I like!

DH is pretty excited about the gondolas...he wanted to change our hotel to Pop so we would be able to use them. We are sticking with AS Sports this time though. Maybe next trip will be at Pop.
Nice that FEA was a walk-on! I've been watching wait times for the last few weeks and it seems to stay pretty low in the morning.

For the first time ever I was seriously considering Caribbean Beach next time for the same reason!!

Yes, I was happy about that!! I feel like the wait was posted at 20 minutes when I got off the ride, and the number of people walking that way was much smaller than the initial rush. It's not my favorite ride, but I still like to ride, so I'm glad I could catch it first thing and then not worry about it anymore.

Such pretty pics on your way into Epcot! Glad you were able to get on FEA and even make a little friend ;)

Very cool that you got to see some leftovers of F&G!

It was nice to wander along and enjoy the morning without rushing (code for: I was up earlier than I needed to be, and also had to kill some time :rotfl: )

Sadly the leftovers were gone the next day, I timed it just right. I'll pretend it was on purpose, when in reality I figured it had all disappeared overnight on the last day or something!!

Following along! What a mess of a travel day!

Welcome!!

Ugh, yes, it was such a frustrating experience

Ugh just ugh......:(
Sounds like something my three would do.....
Denial can be a happy place. :)
I like it!
I'm a fellow "yay gondolas" team member!
Hahaha!!
Remember when it was an intense competition to get to FEA??
Now that's the kind of pathway I like!

the garage thing was so frustrating. It went from a small drip that made us say, "let's keep an eye on it and call someone if it gets worse" to "there is water everywhere" pretty quickly!! Thankfully the combo of DH+shopvac+youtube video helped, LOL!!

Haha! My boys were like, "mom, you would kill us if the fall didn't" (true), and I feel guilty but the look on the girl's face when it clicked in her head that she was VERY high off the ground, trying to climb down narrow stones from the retaining wall, and in flip flops made me laugh a little.

In the case of in-room coffee, yeah. Deny, deny, deny :rotfl::rotfl:

I can't wait to ride them!

I do! I remember trying to plan Epcot days and making sure I timed things around whenever I could get a FP, lol

I was at the BC on June 9-11 for a short Birthday trip, I spent the 10th in EPCOT for dinner at Via Napoli. Can't wait to hear of the rest of your day there

Good morning! I need to be cleaning my house, but I'm going to update the TR instead!!

Chapter Four Part Two

I had successfully rope dropped Frozen Ever After, and now I had a whole day stretching out ahead of me. I could do whatever I wanted!! What I wanted was to ride Spaceship Earth, b/c I was pretty sure I was going to change my Fast Pass for it later.

I see you, you big beautiful geodesic dome!! I'm headed your way!

Since I was by myself, and no kids were around to complain about having to smile while staring directly into the sun, I decided to stop for some photopass pictures

While I was up there, a family had lined up behind the photographer and when I walked over to have my magic band scanned, they asked me if I wanted to borrow their kids for the day, lol. I said no! I left my own at home :rotfl:

The wait time for SE was low, so the standby line was moving quickly

I had loud talkers in the seat behind me, which was distracting, but I still managed to make it to the future. The blurry, blurry future

I didn't have the heart to tell DH I'd apparently replaced him, LOL!!

While I was traveling back in time, and then back to the future, I made plans for my next stop:

But I wasn't going to ride through the Big Blue World...my goal was to just wander around the aquarium at my own speed, without worrying that I was wasting time. It was so freeing!!

QYOivWs.gif

Not that my family would actually care, and it's usually ME being the one rushing us around because I'm afraid of "wasting" park time (although I have gotten over that more and more each trip). Just taking my time was a big deal, because I have a REALLY hard time relaxing. You should have seen me during the first week after school ended for the summer :sad2: I can't sit down for ten minutes without feeling like I"m going stir crazy!

Before going in though, I had to try and get a unique Spaceship Earth picture:

So what did I do with all that empty time to fill??

I visited the manatees!! They have been one of my favorite animals since I was a kid, and I had a stuffed animal one I got on a trip to visit my aunt that I carried everywhere with me. It's name was TJ, which was probably initials of a boy I liked or something, but I can't really remember anymore, LOL.

I spent a long time down there watching them swim. You can see the lettuce - it was feeding time, so they were pretty active. This one had a loop he was swimming around the glassed in area, I think he was showing off. Look at my lettuce!! You have no lettuce!! Haha!

When I finally drug myself away from the manatees, I moved on to the tanks to see what I could see. It wasn't as crowded as usual in there, but still busy, and being by myself was an advantage b/c I could fit into empty spaces to see things

Insert lame "I found Nemo" joke here. Use your imagination - I'm making it a choose your own adventure type joke :rotfl::rotfl:

My next stop was the big underwater viewing area. Sadly the dolphins weren't out and about in their section. I could see them through the little swim through openings in the hidden area of their tank, but they never came out to play.

Lots of other sea life did though. I swear I could spend hours here!!

These pictures are not great, but I insisted on taking them anyway, lol. The divers were out working and feeding, so the fish were very active.

There was a gigantic ray swimming around near the divers, and I tried so hard to get a photo that would show how huge it was, but I don't think it really comes across in still photos. I did record it to show DH and the boys. I was in awe of it!

In addition to the divers, there was a CM in the area who was doing a chat and explaining what the divers were working on, and what was going on inside the tank, talking about the animals, etc...

The divers were doing something with the smaller rays, but um, yeah, I don't remember what!! You can see their clipboards:

This guy came over to say hi

So cute!!

I decided I wasn't finished with my manatees yet, so I went to visit them topside. Their CM was there talking about them and tossing them more lettuce.

After this I decided it was time to get moving. I had a Fast Pass for Living With the Land that I wasn't planning to use, but one before it for Soarin' that I definitely WAS planning to use.

I took one more underwater look at my manatee buddies

Before heading back to the surface and trading in my sea legs for The Land

The standby line for Living With The Land was about 15 minutes, and I had time to kill before Soarin', so I hopped in line.

About five minutes into the wait, the ride went down temporarily, but was back up in just a few minutes. I wasn't in any hurry, so I wasn't too concerned. Although I was nervous it wouldn't come back up, because we'd missed it in January and it had been awhile since I'd got to ride. It's so peaceful, and another thing I vividly remember loving from my first ever trip, so it's always going to be a favorite for me.

I always say I'm going to just float along and enjoy without taking pictures, but I never follow through!!

I don't remember seeing the hidden Minnie before! Is it new? Or do I have a bunch of old pictures of it I've just forgotten about?

I also admired the sunflowers. I want to plant some along our fence on one side, but again, I never get around to it. I'll add two or three rose bushes every year instead, LOL!!

One of my favorite things is this little setup:

because I like the dangling crystals that represent water spilling out of the watering can. It never photographs well though.

I briefly considered signing up for the Behind the Seeds tour, but the guy at the desk looked grumpy, and I didn't want to deal with that, so I passed. One day I will do that tour!

It was time for Soarin'!! I was hitting it near the end of my FP time because of the delay at LWTL.

I love the Africa part the most, with the grassy scent. Earlier in the year I bought some of the Magic Candle Company melts and the only one I really loved is the Flying Over Africa one - it's the perfect match (I wasn't as impressed with their other stuff that I ordered, but might give them another chance with some different scents)

After I hang glided my way around the world, and thankfully didn't get hit with any Epcot fireworks, I was back on solid ground again and considering my options. I opened the app and was playing around with Fast Passes. I was struggling to find what I wanted/needed to make the rest of the day go as I'd hoped, so I decided to leave things the way they were and just use the FP I already had for Living With the Land.

Yep, twice in one day (in one hour!). And guess what???

I finally did what I said I'd always do but haven't - I rode without taking any pictures!!!!

After finishing my second boat ride, I left The Land and mentally weighed my options while admiring the scenery.

I decided I was hungry, so I opened the app again to see what was available for lunch. I found one only 20 minutes from the current time...it was somewhere I'd never seriously considered before, but decided to go for it! Luck continued to be on my side as I checked FP times again to see what I could do with the one I had scheduled for Spaceship Earth, and found one in the perfect place with an immediate return time that would fit right in with my lunch plans.

So where was my last minute surprise lunch?? Find out next time!!

Enjoy the rest of your day, Friends!! Next time will be a new to me lunch and fun around the world!! I know I keep saying the action will pick up, but I think it finally will for real in the next post. Slow mornings are fun to experience, but maybe not so fun to read about, LOL!!

Last edited:
I was at the BC on June 9-11 for a short Birthday trip, I spent the 10th in EPCOT for dinner at Via Napoli. Can't wait to hear of the rest of your day there

Oh how fun! Hello former resort neighbor!! I hope you had a great Epcot day...let me know if you spot yourself in any of my pictures!!

Finally got to read more of this one!
I walked the looong walk back to the lobby and as I passed the desk I saw my old buddy from earlier. He was telling a new person at the desk that he'd lost his room key, he was being given yet another gray band by the CM, and as I walked out the front door toward the buses I heard one last, "WHAT the HECK am I supposed to do with THIS thing??"

I guess he'd escaped his girlfriend again, lol.
Oh boy! I can't imagine being that girl - I would have been soooo pissed!
Bus Stop Selfie - Look! My hair is not gigantic!! (yet)

Very cute photo! And your hair looks gorgeous!
I felt a little guilty ordering alcohol in the Magic Kingdom

7LLz36B.gif
Think of the guilt I felt drinking in Disneyland itself (at the SW bar)! So guilty I had to do it again a week later...
I visited the manatees!! They have been one of my favorite animals since I was a kid, and I had a stuffed animal one I got on a trip to visit my aunt that I carried everywhere with me. It's name was TJ, which was probably initials of a boy I liked or something, but I can't really remember anymore, LOL.

I spent a long time down there watching them swim. You can see the lettuce - it was feeding time, so they were pretty active. This one had a loop he was swimming around the glassed in area, I think he was showing off. Look at my lettuce!! You have no lettuce!! Haha!
My mom loved them too! She spent a long time just staring at them in the tank!
There was a gigantic ray swimming around near the divers, and I tried so hard to get a photo that would show how huge it was, but I don't think it really comes across in still photos. I did record it to show DH and the boys. I was in awe of it!

Looks pretty gigantic to me!

Yes, I bring cup cozies with me to WDW.

What a cute cozie!

Do you ever see stuff and wonder, "who came up with that idea, and WHY?" I feel that way about the rolling bush planters that are used to cover up construction work

Yes constantly lol!! Especially at work when they in-service us on the most ridiculous things ever,

I like when the rolling bushes are much shorter than what they're trying to hide the best lol

She said, "Maybe we'll be in the same boat!" and when we WERE in the same boat, she was very excited, LOL.

aw how adorable

It made me so happy to see some remnants of the floral quilt still hanging around.

I wish that was there year round!

Good morning! I need to be cleaning my house, but I'm going to update the TR instead!!

This is me almost every time I'm on the Dis lol

they asked me if I wanted to borrow their kids for the day, lol. I said no!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm late but I am here!
I always enjoy reading your TR's! :)

Your travel day was INSANE. I remember seeing you post a pic on IG, but I didn't realize just how crazy it actually was! Yikes!

Your room at YC looks so nice - we are always at Beach Club but someday I'd like to try the Yacht. I love how fancy it is! Did you get to enjoy Stormalong Bay at all? I think that's the best part of staying at YC or BC!

Love your PP pics in front of Spaceship Earth - you can NEVER have enough Spaceship Earth pictures :love: You outfit is super cute too :)

A couple of years ago I had an incident with a squirrel in Epcot...it touched my foot and I screamed. So now when I see them darting around I get a little nervous :scared:

I still think of this story every time I see a squirrel :rotfl:

"What's that guys name with the hook? Hook man...no that's not right...hook hand...got it it's THE MAN!"

You look so over the ride :laughing:

I love the painting on the gondola station, but I can't figure out a good angle to photograph it.

Me too, it's so pretty and elegant!

Gorgeous view!

WATCH OUT THERE'S A DRAGON BEHIND YOU!

I briefly considered signing up for the Behind the Seeds tour, but the guy at the desk looked grumpy, and I didn't want to deal with that, so I passed. One day I will do that tour!

Yes, I always consider this. Someday!

So where was my last minute surprise lunch?? Find out next time!!

My guess is Coral Reef...

What a lovely morning in Epcot! What a fun little girl at Frozen Ever After. It's always fun to see kids so excited! We'll go with that the mom didn't want her to bother you - I'm sure you weren't sending off any crazy vibes.

I love Living with the Land, too! I still miss the song they played on the ride in the 80's (and maybe 90's?), but it is a very peaceful ride. I'm not able to ride it without taking pictures, so I'm really impressed that you accomplished that!

I look forward to seeing where you went for lunch! I couldn't believe how easy it was to make a last-minute ADR for a single person. It's fun to see what shows up when you check the app!

prompting us to take everything out from one side and then run fans and a shop vac to try and dry it out. Then we had to fix the regular drainage pipe outside and it was just a whole big thing :sad2:
Oh no!!! yucky.

Good to know. As we are in a standard room in August!

I'm on team "Yay, Gondolas!",
Me too.

I love this magic shot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter