Here I go again on my own...kind of. A June 2019 Solo-ish Trip Report *Updated 7/16/2020

You finally made it! Hooray!

Your room looks beautiful! They must have redone the rooms at the Yacht Club as well as they look different than I remember. (I also may not see many reports where people stay at the Yacht Club!) I feel like many people that stay at the Yacht and Beach Club

Oh, my goodness, the drunk guy. :rotfl: I'm sure his girlfriend was NOT pleased - good for you for holding it together for so long! I don't think I could've done it, especially when he started commenting about your missing ears!

That's a shame about at the convention folks later in the week. I know people like to kick back, relax, and go a little crazy at work-related gatherings, but there's no reason to act like a jerk and bother everyone around you. You can have a good time and still act like an adult. I feel bad for you, the other non-convention guests, and the CMs!

That's so funny :lmao:

Bracelets aren't keys duh :rotfl:

Sometimes he comes up with some funny stuff, LOL (but usually i'm the funny one ::yes:: )

He could not comprehend the magic band :rotfl:

How obnoxious! That poor woman.

Ok he's annoying but maybe a little funny?? That must have been a strong contender for TR title!

I love it already!

That looks like a really nice, peaceful view!

It was cringe-worthy, and I felt bad for her.

LOL, yes, it was funny, but I felt so guilty for laughing. I was a little disappointed I didn't see them again. It was early in the morning, so I was also curious as to where he'd had so much to drink so early. He'd definitely gotten a head start!!

I was happy with it!! It was like a beacon of hope after everything I'd dealt with

That drunk guy in the lobby...what an arrival you had at the Yacht Club! It must have been so hard not to laugh in the elevator. You gotta wonder how many grey MagicBands he ended up with by the end of his trip. :rotfl:
Your room looks really nice, and a king sized bed all to yourself for a night sounds glorious!

When he came up to the desk and started talking, I was like "what is the deal with this trip???" Everyone is like, Oh, the Yacht Club! It's so much quieter and more peaceful! I felt like I was in a Twilight Zone episode, or that Ashton Kutcher would pop out and say I was being Punked (does anyone remember that show, or is it just proving my age?? LOL)

Haha! I had the same thought about the gray bands. I would love to know how many he went through during his trip.

I loved having the bed to myself. Although I still ended up sleeping on "my" side of the bed and the other side looked pristine and untouched :rotfl:

Oh no! That is one thing I don't like about the conventioneers. Some of them can be so rude. :(
Well........where are your ears?????? I must make sure I am in uniform next week, lol!
The room looks amazing! So fresh and bright!
That balcony is gigantic!
Uniforms for all! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
No!!!!! Oh my gosh, I would have been DYING with laughter.

I was trying to balance my "I know they're just trying to have fun" princess attitude with some very serious Villainous thoughts :rotfl:

Yes, you'd better not forget your uniform!!

It was one of the nicer rooms I've had on property! I was especially impressed with the balcony!!

Haha, I remembered to uniform up!!

It was SO FUNNY. I felt really bad for the desk CMs, but I was laughing on my way out the door

The drunk guy, hilarious and yet also mortifying, his poor girlfriend.

His girlfriend was soooo mad. You could feel it radiating from her!

You finally made it! Hooray!

Your room looks beautiful! They must have redone the rooms at the Yacht Club as well as they look different than I remember. (I also may not see many reports where people stay at the Yacht Club!) I feel like many people that stay at the Yacht and Beach Club

Oh, my goodness, the drunk guy. :rotfl: I'm sure his girlfriend was NOT pleased - good for you for holding it together for so long! I don't think I could've done it, especially when he started commenting about your missing ears!

That's a shame about at the convention folks later in the week. I know people like to kick back, relax, and go a little crazy at work-related gatherings, but there's no reason to act like a jerk and bother everyone around you. You can have a good time and still act like an adult. I feel bad for you, the other non-convention guests, and the CMs!

It was such a huge relief!!

Yes, they were redone a couple of years ago, I think. I think they look nicer than the old design. It's still themed but in a more elevated way. I did bring slippers b/c I knew the hard surface floors would get kind of icky and dusty, and I was right. Definitely bring slippers for those rooms!!

He was very concerned about my lack of ears, LOL!!! That poor girlfriend was so mad, and he was a handful, I wish I'd seen them again later in the week. I'd like to hear how their trip went :rotfl::rotfl:

It was definitely two days of CRAZY once the convention people arrived. It was honestly shocking, and not what I expected at all. If I'd had little kids with me, I'd have been livid and would have been very vocal in complaining. I was trying to have the same reaction of "they're just trying to have a good time" but this was wayyy over the top. I still don't understand how Disney didn't shut down their pool party (maybe they did, after things became destructive, but they left the next afternoon so it quieted down)

Good morning!! It's finally time to get to a park!

Chapter Three: Cinderella I'm Comin' Home

After frustrating travel and crazies in the lobby, I was having an actual peaceful moment!! I walked out to the bus stop to wait for my carriage to the Magic Kingdom.

Poor Yacht Club, they did not give it any front exterior razzle dazzle, did they? The pretty part is all in the back toward the Boardwalk

Bus Stop Selfie - Look! My hair is not gigantic!! (yet)

It was an uneventful ride to the Magic Kingdom. At the airport this morning I'd been able to bump back the timing of my first Fast Pass to better align with my new arrival time (I was getting to the park a couple hours after I'd originally planned b/c of the travel mishaps and having to take a morning flight from Atlanta instead of already being at MCO after a night at the Hyatt in the airport), so I was in more of a hurry than I preferred as I entered the park.

Even though I was rushing, I always have to take the same awful picture of the moment I pass under the train station and into the park:

It's tradition :confused3

I zipped up Main Street, and tried to soak in some atmosphere while also just really having one goal in mind. I did pause long enough to take a picture of the castle

It has been a loooong time since I've seen open spaces on the walkways at the Magic Kingdom at 1:00pm! The crowds seemed so low all week except in lines. No one was shopping or walking, they were all waiting in lines I guess!

So where was I going in such a hurry anyway? What could possibly be more important than savoring every beautiful moment of entering the Magic Kingdom for the first time of the trip??

Ooh, Aah! Liberty Square.

Ok, so no, Liberty Square itself was not so exciting...THIS was

I just COULD NOT WAIT to join this insanely long Fast Pass line. It was 100% worth the rush through Main Street and the Hub :sad2: :rolleyes:

Why the backup?? People just cannot comprehend that you can use both tappy things to tap in for your FP. People also don't understand how time works. If you show up half an hour early for your pass, you are NOT going to be let in.

Rshh6EW.gif

I was very excited to join the other Happy Haunts and see my favorite mansion

It was my first experience with the new ride photo. I'm not very happy with how any of them came out, but in the spirit of sharing, here you go:

jDItASo.gif

After a dreadfully lovely visit to the Haunted Mansion, I bid farewell and started toward my next Fast Pass destination. The vibe was decidedly more cheerful where I was going

pzIs0Sr.gif

My Country Bear Whisperer-ness came out in force again, and I got to see Big Al out wandering with his handler. High Five!

I stopped briefly to say hello and to get a quick hug, but kept moving. The sky was starting to get darker, and I was afraid I'd miss my next ride due to it being closed for weather.

The Fast Pass line was moving a little slower than normal, and they would announce every now and again that they were experiencing some loading difficulties, so waits might be extended, and to keep your party together to keep wait times as low as possible. Someone up ahead of me in line looked back and informed anyone who was listening that a rider had trouble getting out of a log and it messed up the loading of the next group.

It didn't take very long though, and soon I was in my log and on my way to the Laughing Place. The people sharing the log with me were already in THEIR Laughing Place. The woman in front of me in particular was very enthusiastic. At one point she dipped her cooling neck towel into the water and proceeded to snap it over and over again. I was just sure it was going to stop the ride or something (you always hear about people touching the water or reaching out of the log and triggering a stop, I was being extra paranoid)

l0Mimrp.jpg

As soon as we exited the ride, they made the announcement that they were closing the ride temporarily due to weather, so I'd made it just in time!!

0nTsbqH.jpg

So what do you do when rain is threatening??

BC1Jxut.jpg

You experience a storm of another kind and hang out with some singing birds!!

I know it isn't everyone's favorite, but I love the Tiki Room.

I'm a sucker for anything classic Disney, and it reminds me of my first ever trip (although that's when it was "under new management" and Zazu and Iago were out front greeting people.)

Once the show was over, it was drizzly but no downpour. I didn't want to press my luck because the sky looked pretty ugly (and I was trying to kill time before my ADR), so I just walked through the tunnel thing back to Frontierland and to visit my VERY favorite pals

https://www.flickr.com/photos/89161658@N04/

That rumor about them closing this and replacing it with a Toy Story Marionette show is pretty much my worst nightmare. I love Disney innovations, but I don't like the chipping away of classic attractions. In my opinion, there is no reason to get rid of this. If they want to add a Toy Story show, I'd be all in and excited, but put it in Toy Story Land or expand Frontierland over near Splash/Big Thunder.

Once inside, I sat in my favorite spot - back row near the exit

why is this my favorite spot?? Not to get a great view, but to put my feet up when the show isn't a full house!!

Like I always say, it's the little things in life worth celebrating!

That's all for now!! The next update will be my late lunch/early dinner at Skipper's Canteen, last looks at the MK, a quick exploration of the outside of YC, and a verrrry early bedtime.

Once that's all finished, we'll be into full park days!

Have a happy Monday!

Last edited:
Joining in!!

Ugh you really can't shake the travel delays, can you?! That really stinks that you had so much trouble on the way down. And then shuttle issues the next day- UGH! But glad you met such a nice Uber driver!

But you finally made it!! And the drunk guy sounds like too much :rotfl:

Sounds like a great start to your day at MK!

I can't wait to see The Dead Don't Die. We didn't make it this past weekend. I'm a huge Adam Driver fan. I just saw him on Broadway too! Glad to read some personal feedback about the movie.

That poor girl with the drunk guy! I would have probably laughed too and then been thankful he wasn't with me.

Yay you made it to MK!

OMG what a nightmare of a travel day. I dont know how you and your husband kept your cool in all of that because I probably would have been a basket case! lol

Glad you made it to Disney though!!

Those yacht club hallways are LONG. I definitely experienced that during our trip!

Glad you got on Splash before the weather closed it. It always BAFFLES me when people put their hands in water rides at Disney. Like do they want to lose a finger????

I forgot to share any Trevor Noah pictures from Friday, if anyone cares.

Ugh, so adorable and hilarious!! All four of us loved his show.

Anyway...here is:

Chapter Three Part Two

(might as well finish this day up!!)

After I wiped the blood off the saddle, ground, and all around (Big Al's song lyrics, for the uninitiated), I think I spent a few minutes in the store in Frontierland looking at pins. I didn't buy anything, although I know I contemplated the Kingdom of Cute and Small World mystery boxes.

It was close enough to parade time that I found a spot to stand and wait for awhile, and I also called DH while I was here

After standing around for some time after the parade should have started, I realized it was either being pushed way back or they were going to pull out the Rainy Day Cavalcade instead. It was too close to my ADR time for me to stick it out any longer to see what would finally happen, so once again I slipped under the walkway to Adventureland.

The sky was still threatening as I walked toward Skipper's Canteen

I checked in and gave them my number, and the hostess said they'd text me as soon as my table was ready. I sat down by this guy:

and immediately received my text. I walked back up to the hostess and she was like, "Oh, that was fast!"
No kidding!

I was seated in the main dining room again, it seems to be the new normal for me. I think this room is really pretty!!

I love the ceilings in here!!

My server came over and introduced himself and took my drink order. I chose water and the red sangria. From the menu: Choice of Red or White Wine blended with Spices and Juice with a trio of fruit.

I felt a little guilty ordering alcohol in the Magic Kingdom

7LLz36B.gif

The sangria was delicious, though, guilt or no guilt! There were blackberries and raspberries in it, and a definite hint of cinnamon and clove.

I could tell my server wasn't thrilled with having me as his guest, he was barely phoning it in with me, and much more friendly to his other tables. Maybe because I ordered an appetizer as my meal?? But I also ordered a drink AND told him I'd be getting dessert.

Speaking of my meal, once again I ordered the cachapas: House-made Corn Pancakes, Beer-braised Pork, Roasted Corn, Fresno Pepper Salsa, and Avocado Cream

These look so different from the old presentation!! For reference, this is what they looked like the last time I ordered it:

I don't know if the pictures do a very good job at illustrating it, but the new version is a lot smaller. The corn pancakes are pretty small now. They were also kind of dry, but overall, once again it tasted delicious, and I can't imagine not ordering these at Skipper's.

My server came back and asked if I still wanted dessert, and I said yes to the Kungaloosh! ( An African-inspired Chocolate Cake with Caramelized Bananas served with Cashew-Caramel Ice Cream topped with Coffee Dust)

Again, I'm not sure that the picture is showing appropriate scale, this was really tiny. But it was so rich that it was the perfect size. The "chocolate cake" was really a heavy brownie type thing, very thick and gooey. Like the kind that sticks to your fork. The cashew caramel ice cream was AMAZING, and so was the whipped cream on top.

I think this meal was perfect for me size wise, and was definitely needed b/c I hadn't eaten a single thing all day!! I'd only had the coffee at the Atlanta airport early that morning.

Skipper's has become a Magic Kingdom staple for me, and has really become one of my top choices for table service.

The server brought my check, I paid, and made my way to my next Adventureland...adventure.

When I did my Fast Pass switcheroos earlier, I had to trade my original Jungle Cruise FP to something else. I picked another favorite of mine, Pirates of the Caribbean. I take so many pictures of the front of this ride, I decided to mix it up. Here's a very bland shot of the courtyard inside the queue. You're welcome.

You can barely see me, there in the way back.
After Pirates my tiredness levels really kicked up a notch and I knew I needed to start making my way out of the park.

I took a little time to admire these tiki guys though:

I liked the shapes of the trees around them for some reason!

Once I got up front I was excited to see all the duckies out on the grass by the water

How awesome it must be, to be a duck and get to live in the Magic Kingdom. Frequent Disney World visitors get "you know there are other places to visit, right??" all the time (at least I do!!), but think about this - these ducks could LITERALLY LIVE ANYWHERE and they choose to make their home near Cinderella Castle. I think that says a lot, personally.

I mean, who wouldn't want to live where they had this view everyday?

I wanted to go into the Hub Grass area and take some mini-statue pictures. I usually hit the ones on the Tomorrowland side, so it was time for refreshed photos of the Casey's Corner side of things.

I was beyond happy to finally feel settled in...Chip and Dale really help describe my mood:

And speaking of Chip and Dale, how cute are these plushies???

I had finished up in the garden and found myself surrounded by general adorableness inside the Emporium. I wanted to look at everything, but I also wanted to get to the bus and get back to the Yacht Club, so that's what I did!

After I got back to the resort, I went to the room for awhile and sat out on the balcony, but I was antsy and wanted to look around a little bit before calling it an early night. I decided to go out to the Backside of Yacht Club (I make a Backside Of joke about at least one random thing each report...and I didn't even make it onto the Jungle Cruise this time!!) and admire things for awhile.

The entire area in the Boardwalk loop is just perfect for meandering and photographing and people watching. It's a very laid back area, and I liked having the time to myself to take whatever pictures I wanted, and just BE there, without worrying about someone else being bored or tired.

After my little jaunt outside, I knew I needed to put myself to bed. I'd had less than four hours of sleep after a long and frustrating travel day, and if I wanted to be 100% for the rest of the trip, it had to be an early night.

I went upstairs and face timed with DH for awhile, then called it a night. I'm pretty sure I was in bed by 6:30 or 7:00pm!! Hey, I'd earned it, and thank goodness for blackout curtains!

Yay! We made it through the first day!! Next time will be my full Epcot day, and my first day waking up at Disney!

See you later, Friends!!

Last edited:
Joining in!!

Ugh you really can't shake the travel delays, can you?! That really stinks that you had so much trouble on the way down. And then shuttle issues the next day- UGH! But glad you met such a nice Uber driver!

But you finally made it!! And the drunk guy sounds like too much :rotfl:

Sounds like a great start to your day at MK!

Hi!!! I'm glad you're joining in again!!

I feel cursed!! But I guess I'd rather it be me dealing with it than anyone else - I wouldn't wish travel nightmares on anyone, so I will take one for the team.

He was crazy, lol!! I still want to know where he got so drunk so early

I can't wait to see The Dead Don't Die. We didn't make it this past weekend. I'm a huge Adam Driver fan. I just saw him on Broadway too! Glad to read some personal feedback about the movie.

That poor girl with the drunk guy! I would have probably laughed too and then been thankful he wasn't with me.

Yay you made it to MK!

Adam Driver made this movie, he was hilarious. Very deadpan, and it just cracked me up. It's a very niche type film, not your ordinary Hollywood movie, but worth it in my opinion. Just expect wackiness and go with it, LOL

That's exactly how I felt!! Sooo glad he was not my travel buddy!!

OMG what a nightmare of a travel day. I dont know how you and your husband kept your cool in all of that because I probably would have been a basket case! lol

Glad you made it to Disney though!!

Those yacht club hallways are LONG. I definitely experienced that during our trip!

Glad you got on Splash before the weather closed it. It always BAFFLES me when people put their hands in water rides at Disney. Like do they want to lose a finger????

It really sucked being an adult that day, because I wanted to throw a fit!! I feel like I should have gotten at LEAST a free cookie for not losing it completely that night :rotfl: :rotfl:

I did get lucky in my room location, and used a different door, so it made the distance not feel so bad. We had a room at the Boardwalk once that was a quarter of a mile from the bus stop (we clocked it on our watches, LOL) and two years ago at Kidani that was .4 miles from the lobby!! At least it's all in one building??? :confused3 I've gotta try and find something good about it, haha!

OMG, that is what scares me too! You don't know what kind of mechanics are down there in that water, and I'm not willing to risk a limb or digit for it!

Sounds like a nice lunch at Skipper Canteen! Love all your pics around the hub and at the resort! You definitely needed an early night!

Joining in! What a disastrous travel day- I definitely wouldn't have been calm at all. Thank goodness you finally made it to Disney!

They're talking about doing away with the Country Bear Jamboree?! That's just wrong!

Love the cachapas at Skipper's Canteen, but the new presentation doesn't look as appetizing.

I'm enjoying your trip report, thanks for sharing!

Bus Stop Selfie - Look! My hair is not gigantic!! (yet)

:laughing: Don't I know it! I have very similar photos from all my trips.

It was my first experience with the new ride photo. I'm not very happy with how any of them came out, but in the spirit of sharing, here you go:

Did you have to tap your band for it or did it flow to your MDE? I had no idea this was a new thing and either I missed where you tap for it or something went wrong and we didn't get our ride photo. Oh well.

The woman in front of me in particular was very enthusiastic. At one point she dipped her cooling neck towel into the water and proceeded to snap it over and over again. I was just sure it was going to stop the ride or something

obnoxious. It is lucky they didn't stop the ride or make an announcement telling her to stop.

I could tell my server wasn't thrilled with having me as his guest, he was barely phoning it in with me, and much more friendly to his other tables. Maybe because I ordered an appetizer as my meal?? But I also ordered a drink AND told him I'd be getting dessert.

Sure way to eliminate getting any sort of tip at all.

How awesome it must be, to be a duck and get to live in the Magic Kingdom. Frequent Disney World visitors get "you know there are other places to visit, right??" all the time (at least I do!!), but think about this - these ducks could LITERALLY LIVE ANYWHERE and they choose to make their home near Cinderella Castle. I think that says a lot, personally.

I agree! Those ducks know what they are about!

Clueless people in the FP line, ugh!

What a nice afternoon in MK

YC looks beautiful, I really like it there!

My server came over and introduced himself and took my drink order. I chose water and the red sangria. From the menu: Choice of Red or White Wine blended with Spices and Juice with a trio of fruit.
Keeping that drink in mind for lunch there on the 10th!
These look so different from the old presentation!! For reference, this is what they looked like the last time I ordered it:
So different! And much, much smaller!
Again, I'm not sure that the picture is showing appropriate scale, this was really tiny. But it was so rich that it was the perfect size. The "chocolate cake" was really a heavy brownie type thing, very thick and gooey. Like the kind that sticks to your fork. The cashew caramel ice cream was AMAZING, and so was the whipped cream on top.
I ordered the pineapple dessert there in March and it was comically small.
I took a little time to admire these tiki guys though:
Love those!

I mean, who wouldn't want to live where they had this view everyday?
Right???
The entire area in the Boardwalk loop is just perfect for meandering and photographing and people watching. It's a very laid back area, and I liked having the time to myself to take whatever pictures I wanted, and just BE there, without worrying about someone else being bored or tired.
Same! It's just the best!

That rumor about them closing this and replacing it with a Toy Story Marionette show is pretty much my worst nightmare.

I still don't believe it!

I love how you're looking in the opposite direction :rotfl:

How awesome it must be, to be a duck and get to live in the Magic Kingdom.

They must get SO much food. That's the sweet duck life.

Poor Yacht Club, they did not give it any front exterior razzle dazzle, did they? The pretty part is all in the back toward the Boardwalk

Oh wow, that is really incredibly bland. But not sure what they could do to make it more impressive...

Why the backup?? People just cannot comprehend that you can use both tappy things to tap in for your FP.

This drives me bonkers! It isn't a difficult concept. Nothing about FP is a difficult concept!

The woman in front of me in particular was very enthusiastic. At one point she dipped her cooling neck towel into the water and proceeded to snap it over and over again.

That's GROSS. Also reminds me when I was at Disneyland I rode solo, got through the drops without getting wet and then the teenagers, who were with their dad, started splashing each other - which of course splashed me. I was SOAKED! I actually yelled at them to stop because 1. you're not supposed to put your hands outside the boat, and 2. it's rude!!! The dad just apologetically smiled instead of getting his brats in line. I was so angry!

I know it isn't everyone's favorite, but I love the Tiki Room.

Yes! Excellent taste!

I could tell my server wasn't thrilled with having me as his guest, he was barely phoning it in with me, and much more friendly to his other tables.

That's bizarre! Makes no sense.

I said yes to the Kungaloosh! ( An African-inspired Chocolate Cake with Caramelized Bananas served with Cashew-Caramel Ice Cream topped with Coffee Dust)

This is soooo good!

Skipper's has become a Magic Kingdom staple for me, and has really become one of my top choices for table service.

I agree! It's a really solid choice. Feels like a hidden gem.

The single rider row. Out of sight, out of mind haha!

I adore this shot!

then called it a night. I'm pretty sure I was in bed by 6:30 or 7:00pm!! Hey, I'd earned it, and thank goodness for blackout curtains!

For a luxurious night of sleep in your very own king sized bed!

Good gracious, that's a ridiculously long Fastpass line! :eek: I swear the lines at Haunted Mansion have become insane since they instituted Fastpass+.

I think your Haunted Mansion picture is very good! It looks like you knew where the camera was (unlike pretty much every other report I've seen).

What good luck making it onto Splash Mountain! You picked my favorite spot in the log - the back! (I don't mind getting a little wet, but I prefer my hair and lap to remain mostly dry! :laughing:)

You found great attractions to enjoy in order to avoid the rainy weather! Would you believe I haven't seen the Country Bears in years?! Carousel of Progress is my personal favorite classic Disney attraction - I experience it multiple times each trip and would be DEVASTATED if it closed. I do need to revisit the Country Bears, though!

Your lunch at Skipper's Canteen looks excellent! I've not been to Skipper's Canteen, although it looks like I'd really enjoy it! It's a bummer about your server, though. I always hate having a server that seems like he's uninterested in helping me.

I also love watching the ducks near Cinderella Castle. The mini statues are always fun to look at (and photograph!), too!

I'm glad you got to go to bed early! That should make the next day much better!

7LLz36B.gif

The sangria was delicious, though, guilt or no guilt! There were blackberries and raspberries in it, and a definite hint of cinnamon and clove.
Don't feel guilty.

So, when we were there in Feb, mine looked like your bottom picture. The new "presentation" isn't as grand. :(

I was beyond happy to finally feel settled in...Chip and Dale really help describe my mood:

YEAH!!!! MK is always good for the soul!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!