Here comes the Slow Pass - Updated 5/27 Final Meal and Wrap up

I hope everyone is staying safe, and at least trying to enjoy all this time at home. My house gets smaller by the day, and my cooking skills get worse? I am going to try and order in Mexican tonight cause why not right?

So lets wrap this thing up! Time to get the last semi full day started!

We were up early and running late AGAIN.

The trend if we have know where to be up and ready at 7am, some where to be sleep in till I am yelling at everyone.

We had a bit of a fight this morning, I mean it was day 7 its about time right? Dillon wanted to wear the SAME outfit as the day before from her make over. We had agreed last night she would take a bath and leave her hair in. She requested the same outfit, and redoing the make up. I said fine, rob was not happy, its gross its august, and how could I say ok. Frankly I agreed with him, but she is 5, i was not in the mood for a category 5 melt down and the only people who should be close enough to smell her are us.... Dillon won in the end and we were on our way to Hollywood Studios for another early morning magic, the last one at HS (at least for now).
But i think i did an OK job on the make up, and she does look cute!
Wow this is a close up of my arm!

We really wanted to make sure and Meet Bo Peep, and ride SDD that was it, everything else was a bonus.

We got there a few minutes late but it worked out. Maren can only do TSMM so we waited for Bo Peep while Dillon and Rob did SDD. This is normally not something I am on board with, but most people on the line were doing the same thing with little kids, the people in front of and behind me included. Judge away...
Rob and DIllon on SDD

The group behind us had there family catch up first so i had them go, and as the were starting their meet Rob and Dillon arrived.

We then headed to TSMM i would post mine and Dillons scores but they are embarrassing so we will pass on that.
Aliens
Then Dillon and i did Aliens followed by SDD. I hadn't done either ride before, Aliens was fine, and SDD was good i liked it and am looking forward to trying it again at night.
But i am not sure i would wait an hour for it We then got off and were able to wait 2 or 3 people to meet Jesse!

I will say OMG was it hot already Toy Story land is lacking shade and we were feeling it at just 9am!

We headed right to breakfast and got some food in our stomachs, Dillon had the charcuterie plate, i had the Mexican bowl, don't ask what Rob or Maren had this was almost 9 months ago i have zero idea since its not in my notes, and this isn't offered anymore. But it was all pretty good.

I know these events are a bit of a debate, but we love them, they are not cheap, but for us we are up early, and find them worth it. I will say i am looking forward to the girls being a bit older when we can make the after hours worth it! But they just don't stay up late enough yet.... maybe this is a good time to train them to stay up late... HAHA nope just kidding that's when i drink wine and scroll Facebook.​

Last edited:
Sounds like a good morning! I'm a fan of these events as well- I guess it just depends if you find it worth it or not!

We did HS EMM and thought it was worth it and would probably do it again if they bring it back. I'm actually considering doing MK EMM in June or July for the first time, simply because I want ALL the Disney things when I can get them and eh, what's money :rotfl2: We do prefer the AH but again, at this point I'll take all the hours......

Sounds like a fun time at the EMM! I woulda been with you on the outfit argument- pick your battles lol and if that's the worst thing your 5 year old is doing, I think you're doing great lol!

Sounds like a good morning! I'm a fan of these events as well- I guess it just depends if you find it worth it or not!

100% depends on the person/family we love them!

We did HS EMM and thought it was worth it and would probably do it again if they bring it back. I'm actually considering doing MK EMM in June or July for the first time, simply because I want ALL the Disney things when I can get them and eh, what's money :rotfl2: We do prefer the AH but again, at this point I'll take all the hours......

I was just thinking about booking this for MK for July! I agree give me alllll the hours and alll the things

Sounds like a fun time at the EMM! I woulda been with you on the outfit argument- pick your battles lol and if that's the worst thing your 5 year old is doing, I think you're doing great lol!
Well I wouldn't say it’s the worst thing she has ever done, but the worst thing that made it into this report! Haha

I hope everyone is staying safe, and at least trying to enjoy all this time at home. My house gets smaller by the day, and my cooking skills get worse? I am going to try and order in Mexican tonight cause why not right?
Welcome back!!!!!!!!

But i think i did an OK job on the make up, and she does look cute!
Oh she looks so happy. Good job Mom. Even if she stinks :P

Man Maren is just laser focused on Bo and Woody. Sometimes I wonder what the little ones but be thinking when they see characters.

I will say OMG was it hot already Toy Story land is lacking shade and we were feeling it at just 9am!
It really is like the hottest place on earth. Why they build a whole new land and a. made it excruciatingly small and b. put in no trees is just beyond me. Maybe while they are shut down they will through us all for a loop and put in some trees.

Welcome back!!!!!!!!

Thanks! I am slowly trying to make my rounds and catch up around here! Hoping it gets me out of this funk a bit!

Oh she looks so happy. Good job Mom. Even if she stinks :P

Def Stinky haha!

Man Maren is just laser focused on Bo and Woody. Sometimes I wonder what the little ones but be thinking when they see characters.

OMG right! I have a feeling its something like, why is this huge thing that looks like a person but clearly isn't looking in my direction!

It really is like the hottest place on earth. Why they build a whole new land and a. made it excruciatingly small and b. put in no trees is just beyond me. Maybe while they are shut down they will through us all for a loop and put in some trees.

Right, it like the planning people had never been to Florida!

Did you see the video of the guy power washing it? I was like hope about a shovel and some trees?? or better yet an awning or 5 with benches!

I completely understand about the outfit argument. That definitely wasn't a battle worth fighting! You guys were on vacation...let the girl have a second princess day. :rotfl:

Those parties are really hard to justify with little kids, but I say if you have the money to spare than go for it. Look at everything you were able to knock out in TSL! Plus, I feel like less crowds can sometimes help with the kids' moods. They're a little more relaxed.

Hahaha, your wine and Facebook time at night...my thoughts exactly!

I completely understand about the outfit argument. That definitely wasn't a battle worth fighting! You guys were on vacation...let the girl have a second princess day. :rotfl:

totally, a smell princess, but a princess non the less! haha!

Those parties are really hard to justify with little kids, but I say if you have the money to spare than go for it. Look at everything you were able to knock out in TSL! Plus, I feel like less crowds can sometimes help with the kids' moods. They're a little more relaxed.

100%, its hard to justify, but it also sometimes it worth it... its a fine line...

Hahaha, your wine and Facebook time at night...my thoughts exactly!

I mean i do not want my kids up when i could be reading useless info on facebook! i need my time too haha!

Hope everyone is still staying healthy and safe! Just booked a trip for Disney's 50th Anniversary! Short 3 day trip! But its kinda exciting to have it scheduled!

I am way over everything right now, and am looking for more positive news, so you know not spending anytime on the DIS haha!

Anyway lets wrap up our morning in HS!

Dillon and Rob did Star Tours while i checked out the gift shop and did a loop with Maren to the entrance of SWGE, it was set to open the next day and people were lined up hoping for a soft opening... not sure if they ever got it, but it was fun to see everyone camping out!

We took some more photos.

Met Edna!

Then hit up The Incredibles dance party which Dillon was bummed got rained out half way thought earlier in the week.

Around 10:45 after what I considered a good morning we headed back to the hotel for some pool time.

Maren was sleeping for Edna and the Dance party... Girl missed out today!

We hung out at the pool, we did tons of turns on the slide which Dillon kept reminding us was crashed by her Pirate, which she is now telling me is Pirate Sammy, but she is only pretty sure that was his name! haha

The Characters from Cape May did a loop so we got to say hi, and Dillon walked with Minnie for a bit!

We went back to the room around 1:30 for showers and getting ready! We had a quick FP to use and then our final dinner!​

Quick Epcot Stop!

Around 2:30 we headed out to Epcot! Dillon wanted to snap some pictures in the hallway so we did that...
Then we went by Skyliner testing, then in to Epcot, we were heading to Soarin... but on our way we came up on charter training, some good characters were out, but since we had a schedule to make we opted for one rare meet! With Gideon from Pinocchio!

We got to Soarin and Dillon and I went first this time, the walk is way longer then i remember, but we got lucky and they were looking for 2 pretty early on so we were able to hop right on.
Then we got off and she didn't want to do the rider swap with Rob, so he missed out this trip. I think she was just tired from the week and the idea of that walk again she wasn't feeling. I did ask him if he wanted to go alone but he said he was ok skipping it. (we made sure to do it in October!). He did go buy me the shirt i spotted a few days earlier, and got us more mugs which we did not need but hell if you want to feed m habit so be it!

Dillon asked to ride the seas and do Turtle Talk again instead of Soarin so they did that while Maren and i did another loop.. we did a lot of loops this trip, but i do love just walking about Disney, what i would give to do a loop of all the construction in Epcot right now! I called a Minnie van and we headed to our final Disney meal of the trip! Artist point!​

Love that you just ran into Minnie pool side. How fun!!!! The Epcot resort area really is the best. Its so nice to just be able to pop over to MGM or Epcot and be there within a matter of minutes.

What a fun day so far! I love that Minnie was just strolling along near the pool and Gideon is a super rare meet- good catch!

Sounds like a good afternoon! Such a cute pic with Cape May Minnie!!

It was such a nice surprise! We also saw Daisy but no pic!

Love that you just ran into Minnie pool side. How fun!!!! The Epcot resort area really is the best. Its so nice to just be able to pop over to MGM or Epcot and be there within a matter of minutes.

I agree its so hard to motivate me to stay elsewhere, I seem to always make reservations at other places and end up moving to Epcot area, its just to convenient for us. when we ditch the stroller i may feel different when the girls complain about walking to MGM and Epcot EVERY DAY

What a fun day so far! I love that Minnie was just strolling along near the pool and Gideon is a super rare meet- good catch!

Thanks! I agree i loved meeting him, even if Dillon had NO Idea who he was...

Lets wrap this thing up!

We arrived to Artisit point and got some Minnie Van Pictures! The driver wanted to get Dillon in the minnie ears, which was very cute.

I was very excited for this meal, but i will say i felt this was the least 'Disney' service of the trip, and thats saying something cause i didn't exactly love the waitress at CRT either.

We arrived and were checked in pretty quickly, and got seated. The waitress came over and took the drink orders, and food orders. We got a meal for Maren here and they charged us which is fine, but they were a bit rude about it, pointing out she is not free are we sure we want the meal. Yes i said, to which they reminded me again they were charging me. I hear you i am fine with it, don't need to remind me multiple times.

I want to tell you what we got, but this was 9 months ago, and i don't recall since i didn't write it down or take pictures. But i did get this drink!

I did note that I thought the food was pretty good!

We got this card which was nice, but no idea what happened to it since the girls had there books (which i have not finished putting together, maybe that should my next project!)
First up was Snow White.
How Maren was doing Characters, two pieces of bread and from a distance!

Then after Grumpy and Dopey were announced, the evil queen came out and dopey hid behind a tree near our table, Maren started to freak a bit so i got her out of the highchair and a cast member came right over to tell me to sit down Dopey would come over when it was our turn. This bothered me, i said sorry she was about to scream as she isn't a huge fan of the characters, i just want to calm her down. She changed her tune quickly and then was pretty nice, but this restaurant isn't getting high marks with me so far. We then met Dopey and Grumpy, and wrapped up our meal.

We met the Queen on the way out, our interaction was a bit sub compared to others i have heard or read about but still enjoy able.

I had booked this at the end of the trip since I really wanted to get the reservation, looking back i should have done it earlier in the trip or skipped it since i think by this point in the trip as our last meal, i think the girls were a bit over it, and Maren was a bit fussy so Rob had to take her out once or twice, so i don't think i enjoyed this as much as i wanted to.

But we will try it again some time in the future!

We headed back to the hotel via Minnie Van (totally spoiled with them this trip!) packed up our room and got in our Car Service and headed to the Hyatt at the airport as we had an early flight.

Originally i did try to cancel this night at the hotel, but if you followed my PTR you know didn't. I couldn't change the reservation and remove this night with out the cost going up, and i figure it would be nice to have the room (So we couldn't use the pool shower etc), so i either saved 800 or wasted 350 you decide.

We got to the Hyatt and wow it was a nice hotel! Dillon tried to open the room with her magic band! We all laughed. We slept pretty well.

The morning was rough as we needed to be ready to go at 5, but bell services came and walked us to JetBlue check in which I thought was nice. We were on time and home for Marens nap in her crib at 1030. Dillon also fell sleep and took a nap around 2, i cant remember the last time she napped!

That's a wrap on the August 2019 trip!

That you for following along! I would love if you followed a long on my quick princess weekend trip here.

Hope to see you all around the DIS and in Disney soon!​

Last edited:
I'm sorry your experience at Artist Point wasn't great! Stinks to end the trip like that.

But glad you got home smoothly!

You know how bad this spring/summer is going when you're willing to walk around the Epcot construction! :rotfl2: I laughed pretty hard at that comment, because it totally summed up my feelings! I told Alex the other day, "At this point, I'd take two weeks at All Star Music if it meant I was back." :rotfl:

Sorry the meal at Artist Point wasn't as good as it could have been.

I'll head over to your other trip report!

The driver wanted to get Dillon in the minnie ears, which was very cute.
And here I thought she has ears on at first. Love this! And your shirts are great too.

Looks like someone warmed up to Dopey!

Ok had to seriously laugh at this picture, because where are Grumpy's eyes :confused3 I think Maren just figured it out too

Originally i did try to cancel this night at the hotel, but if you followed my PTR you know didn't. I couldn't change the reservation and remove this night with out the cost going up, and i figure it would be nice to have the room (So we couldn't use the pool shower etc), so i either saved 800 or wasted 350 you decide.
Wow I can't believe you couldn't change one night without it costing more. Sounds like it was nice to have the room for the day though. We've stayed at at Hyatt a few times but have only done it when arriving at night not when we were leaving. Great idea though for those early morning flights.

Sorry your last meal wasn't the best but looking back now, it probably sounds amazing doesn't it :rotfl:

Smart idea to stay at the Hyatt before such an early flight! My sister and I took a 6 am flight home once and it was really rough getting up for that magical express.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!