Here comes the Slow Pass - Updated 5/27 Final Meal and Wrap up

Sorry that last meal wasn't all that. It's a good tip actually...to try to get the best ADR's at the beginning of the trip...but can be hard to do that!! I love your matching Rotten shirts...so cute!

I am sorry your Artist Point meal wasn't what you expected.
We did this dinner the first day of our stay and we thought it was phenomenal! We were also within the first families to get there (We had a 4:30 reservation) so I think it helped...
But it is a great tip - our Bon Voyage Breakfast was on the last day and while we loved it, it certainly wasn't as exciting as the first few character meals... I guess it's a good plan to put the ones you want most at the beginning of the trip!

Another report i didn't check in on final replies! Things have been a bit crazy around here but i have been missing this DIS! So here i am checking in and i hope everyone is doing well and staying safe during these crazy times!

Here some some wrap up replies!

I'm sorry your experience at Artist Point wasn't great! Stinks to end the trip like that.

But glad you got home smoothly!

Yeah i think the key is to try and do the meals your most excited about at the beginning of a trip, if the trip is long! Thanks for following along!

You know how bad this spring/summer is going when you're willing to walk around the Epcot construction! :rotfl2: I laughed pretty hard at that comment, because it totally summed up my feelings! I told Alex the other day, "At this point, I'd take two weeks at All Star Music if it meant I was back." :rotfl:

You know it, what I wouldn't give to be in Epcot right now..... or maybe not...

Sorry the meal at Artist Point wasn't as good as it could have been.

Bummer at the time, but you know

And here I thought she has ears on at first. Love this! And your shirts are great too.

haha! So he did a great job!

Looks like someone warmed up to Dopey!

Yeah as the trip went on she did a bit better with the characters, but always freaked out when she first saw them

Ok had to seriously laugh at this picture, because where are Grumpy's eyes :confused3 I think Maren just figured it out too

HHAHA :rotfl2:i didn't even notice that!

Wow I can't believe you couldn't change one night without it costing more. Sounds like it was nice to have the room for the day though. We've stayed at at Hyatt a few times but have only done it when arriving at night not when we were leaving. Great idea though for those early morning flights.

Right? How crazy is that? So ridiculous, but it ended up working out, because if we didn't have the room we wouldn't have done the pool, or some stuff so it was nice

Sorry your last meal wasn't the best but looking back now, it probably sounds amazing doesn't it

You know it! So would rather have a safe meal there right now then whatever this stuff i cook is every night

Smart idea to stay at the Hyatt before such an early flight! My sister and I took a 6 am flight home once and it was really rough getting up for that magical express.

Yeah it worked out so well, there was zero way we would have made the flight if we stayed on property!

Sorry that last meal wasn't all that. It's a good tip actually...to try to get the best ADR's at the beginning of the trip...but can be hard to do that!! I love your matching Rotten shirts...so cute!

Yeah i think we need to stick with the meal we are most excited about at the start of the trip.

I am sorry your Artist Point meal wasn't what you expected.
We did this dinner the first day of our stay and we thought it was phenomenal! We were also within the first families to get there (We had a 4:30 reservation) so I think it helped...

We also had an early time, but i just think we were done, and i think it would have been better at the start! Lesson learned right?

But it is a great tip - our Bon Voyage Breakfast was on the last day and while we loved it, it certainly wasn't as exciting as the first few character meals... I guess it's a good plan to put the ones you want most at the beginning of the trip!

Yeah i think this will be our plan going forward!

I took an even longer break from the Dis than you did. It just didn't feel right with the state of the world. But, vaccinations are up, spring is coming, and I'm finally starting to feel hopeful!

I will say i am looking forward to the girls being a bit older when we can make the after hours worth it!

The nice thing about the After Hours is you don't have to blow a park ticket, either. There's a dream Disney trip somewhere in the back of my head where we do a long weekend with just pool time, after hours, and maybe a water park day.

But they just don't stay up late enough yet.... maybe this is a good time to train them to stay up late... HAHA nope just kidding that's when i drink wine and scroll Facebook.

Hahaha, hard NO! Bedtime is my only sanity these days.

We got a meal for Maren here and they charged us which is fine, but they were a bit rude about it, pointing out she is not free are we sure we want the meal. Yes i said, to which they reminded me again they were charging me. I hear you i am fine with it, don't need to remind me multiple times.

That's bizarre. I thought it was pretty standard practice at Disney that kids under 3 got a free meal at the fixed price places (CRT, Akershus, etc).

I had booked this at the end of the trip since I really wanted to get the reservation, looking back i should have done it earlier in the trip or skipped it since i think by this point in the trip as our last meal, i think the girls were a bit over it, and Maren was a bit fussy so Rob had to take her out once or twice, so i don't think i enjoyed this as much as i wanted to.

Bummer that you didn't love it. Maybe it was just an off night. We had such a great time, but I've heard some very negative reviews, too. We'll see how things go if/when it reopens.

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us! It was fun to follow along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!