• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

help!!!

kingdomheart2

Mouseketeer
hi all newbie here, i have been to wdw 3 times before, only 1 time on ddp, this time i am going july 11-21 staying at cbr with hubby,mom,dad, and brother, i am trying to accomidate everyone's dining preference, i could use some input on my choice's...

7-11 planethollywood lunch( aaa voucher)
rosie's all american dinner
7-12 1900 parkfare breakfast
cs lunch ???
7-13 libertytree tavern lunch ( my b-day) love this place
electric umbrella dinner
7-14 crystal palace breakfast
peco bills dinner
7-15 abc comm. lunch
hollywood&vine???? not too sure about this any opinions?
7-16 the plaza lunch
1900 parkfare dinner???
7-17 flame tree bbq ( brothers request, not crazy about bbq any other suggestions for cs
7-18 - 7-20 is up in the air would love suggestions

thanks ( sorry so long)

I have no idea what your family's dining preferences are - but here's the way we decided. Everyone looked at the menus on allearsnet while my sister and I obsessed about which parks we would be at each day. Then I sent everyone an email (we live a long way apart, and email made it easier to keep track of who requested which) asking them to pick their top 4 TS and CS locations to eat.

I tabulated the votes and inserted meals into the schedule so that the meals with the most votes were scheduled first. For example, we had 3 requests for Le Cellier, more than any other epcot restaurant - so when I called to make dining reservations, I asked for LeCellier on any of our Epcot days. Once I had Le Cellier, I scheduled the Epcot restaurants that had fewer votes.

Once I had the TS meals scheduled, I sent around an email with that schedule, so that if anyone just couldn't find something they would like to eat at a restaurant they could speak up.

Then we started slotting in CS meals, but really only as a general guideline. I made lists of preferred places to eat (we had a lot of votes for Cosmic Rays, for example) and undesireable places (no one wanted to eat at Casey's Corner) and where they were located. Then when we were hungry, we looked at our notes and said "Oh, we're in France, lets go down to Morocco and get some of that roasted chicken"

Sometimes we ate at CS places we weren't planning on - they were there, we were hungry, we found something we wanted to eat. It's really hard to plan months in advance "I think on tuesday I'll have a cheeseburger, and on Thursday I'll have BBQ).

Standing out in my mind, from looking at your ADRs - I might add a Chef Mickey's or 'Ohana - Le Cellier in Epcot is tasty, Coral Reef is kind of fun.

I am just hoping you know that the AAA Planet hollywood certificate is only for one free meal for one person and is limited to one certificate per table. I know I would hate to get to lunch thinking we were all eating free only to have to pay for 7 meals.

Tusker house in Animal Kingdom is my favorite over Flame tree.

Have you seen the menu's at http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm ?

They were a great help in our trip planning.

Last year I asked for a chicken salad "to go" for my meal at Pizzafari and then met the rest of my family at Flame Tree to eat. Note that you need a big appetite to put away all the food with dessert at Flame Tree - perhaps you could tough it out by splitting something with a light eater. Then later, you and the light eater can split the "left over" CS meal at another location. I've enjoyed Flame Tree, Tusker House, Pizzafari, and Chakrandi Chicken in AK. Tusker House chicken meal is 1/2 chicken with potatos and veggies - I can't eat all that by myself! (never mind the drink and dessert if you're on DDP)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter