Help with time of year to go?

wendlle

Aussie Wendy
We went to Aulani in 2018, we went mid May and it was great.
This time we would like to go again but rent points, we can't go in May again as we have family commitments and have to visit my DH's family at that time.
When would be another great time to go?
We enjoyed the weather in May, we basically swam the entire 5 days we were there. This time we would stay a week, we have two kids (4 and 1 at time of travel) so swimming is a must do. We aren't interested in leaving the resort.

closest temperature wise would probably be mid october (halloween decorations would be up, its not hard to ignore if you don’t like it (few pumpkins and merch)...but the characters in halloween costumes are very noticeable. there may also be more rain and it could very well be much hotter (like this year)

tho if swimming is how you’ll be spending a lot of time...rain and heat probably aren’t going to impact you much.

We went to Aulani in 2018, we went mid May and it was great.
This time we would like to go again but rent points, we can't go in May again as we have family commitments and have to visit my DH's family at that time.
When would be another great time to go?
We enjoyed the weather in May, we basically swam the entire 5 days we were there. This time we would stay a week, we have two kids (4 and 1 at time of travel) so swimming is a must do. We aren't interested in leaving the resort.

there’s only 12 months out of the year that is a great time to go to aulani.

I would agree that there really is not a bad time to go to Aulani. Since your kids are not tied to a school schedule yet, I would second October. The weather is similar to May and the airfare will be significantly cheaper (due to most kids being in school). Prior to having a kid in school, October was my favorite time of year to go.

We were there mid-late September and thought it was perfect. We experienced temperatures in mid-high 80s and no rain. Its considered the end of the "summer" season there. Crowds were low since school was newly in session in most of the country. No major holidays or school breaks. Being it was a slower time of year, flight prices were manageable and it was relatively easy to rent DVC points for what we wanted. I would definitely go this time of year again.

With October, make sure you avoid Columbus day weekend, which is also Canadian Thanksgiving. And I believe Hawaiian schools have a Fall break in October (not sure if it coincides with Columbus day) that can make the resort busy as well.

Another vote for the end of October/beginning of November! That's when my wife, son, and I go. The weather is awesome, if it rains it's like a warm shower, and we always have the best time! And we're going in 7 days. Just have to survive this week at work!!

Thanks everyone. We will look at September/October.
We want to rent DVC points this time so we can get a bigger room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter