Help With Snow Globe Music Boxes

TristanRobin

Earning My Ears
I have a large collection of Disney snow globe music boxes - some of them going back quite a few years.
Many of them have water evaporated and there's a very unattractive air bubble at the top of the globe. And, in several, the water has become fairly cloudy (especially - for some reason - the older Snow White ones).
I can't seem to figure out how to get the snow globe off the base so that I can deal with the water issue. Has anybody done this or have any ideas? Am I the only one that has the bizarre problem? Other than the water, they all still look brand new!
Thanks in advance.

My mom used to have this same problem with her Disney snowglobes and what she would do is return them to Disney Stores and try to get a new one. Mom discovered this problem with her Aladdin snowglobe and she called Disney about it and they told her that it was caused by foam particles in it and so we then tried to return it to exchange it for the same snowglobe but the only Aladdin snowglobe Disney Store had was broken so we just kept our snowglobe. Another problem Mom noticed with snowglobes is that some have a loud squeak in the music box but we returned one and got another and it works. I don't know if you can change the water without damaging the snowglobe but this is a common problem

I have a large collection of Disney snow globe music boxes - some of them going back quite a few years.
Many of them have water evaporated and there's a very unattractive air bubble at the top of the globe. And, in several, the water has become fairly cloudy (especially - for some reason - the older Snow White ones).
I can't seem to figure out how to get the snow globe off the base so that I can deal with the water issue. Has anybody done this or have any ideas? Am I the only one that has the bizarre problem? Other than the water, they all still look brand new!
Thanks in advance.
The water in my Pete's Dragon snowglobe is now black. Not sure what happened there, but I'd be interested in hearing what others say. Not sure if the globe was meant to come off, though. I would imagine it has been glued onto the base.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter