Help with school project???? Please?

Limmer

DIS Veteran
Hey guys! I was hoping I could do a little research for a school project (college entrepreneurship course). I hope this is allowed.

I am a mature student finishing up a diploma. I left my least desired credit until last (to give you an idea of my dread for this course I actually took statistics first). I have to create a business plan for a fake business. Having no desire to own my own business I had a hard time coming up with a concept. But since everything in my life seems to come around to my favourite obsession I decided to create a Disney based planning business!

So my concept is to plan a full service concierge trip planning service. Not booking the actual travel (got too complicated researching the licensing etc for a summer course ;) ) but booking dining reservations, fast passes, creating a detailed itinerary etc.

Assuming you were a newbie and not interested in dedicating considerable time and effort to understanding the complexities of a WDW trip would this be a service you would pay for?

what kind of traveler do you consider yourself? Experienced, value, luxury? What would appeal or not appeal about this kind of service?

The marketing would focus on value for the price of the trip (ex don't spend your precious vacation time walking up to a reservation in peak season. Just focus on creating memories with your family and leave the planning to us etc.

Any feedback?

To answer your question the answer would be yes. If I was faced with a trip to Disney today and didn't have rose coloured glasses on and figured I could just wing it, This kind of service would be great. The tricky part is what I face when taking friends for a one and done kind of trip. There is a lot of interviewing regarding likes and dislikes that needs to be done in order to tailor a trip.

There are a number of services out there that already do precisely what you're talking about. Not sure if I can name them all here but you can google them. One particular one I use it $10US per year. I know my way around Disney but I continue to use this site because of the vast database of information they have. For me a huge part of a Disney vacation is the anticipation that comes with the planning of it.

Hope this helps

Hi
Just my 2 cents here.
I think knowing and researching the product is very important--also know your competition.
People want extras not just what they can do through MDE (My Disney Experience app).
You are not quite clear what you are planning to offer the customer for your planning services.
A full concierge service would include things like,,,,,,,
:Maps, spreadsheets, daily itineraries
:Must see/Must do
:tours,swim dolphins,backstage tours,behind the seeds,afternoon tea ....... etc
: Park activities: Agent P, Sorcerers Of The MK, B.B.B. etc.
:babysitting services,location hours fees
:character meet and greets,
:character meals,
:extra resort activities-sports,spas,movies under the stars,marshmallow roast
:Gyms-facility amenities-locations-hours
:Evening Dessert Parties
:Festive Parties MNSSHP MVMCP tickets
:Seasonal Festivals,,Epcot F&G Epcot Food & Wine
:In room celebrations
:Specialty cakes
: Transportation options,Taxi,Uber, Town car, Car rental
:What availability to the customer are you offering--ei: 24 hour support?

I am going to rate myself as moderate to experienced planner who is learning more every day.
I have stayed in -Value to Deluxe, currently stay at Deluxe through DVC.
I researched DVC for two years along with a visit to Walt Disney World to view all the DVC properties before making a decision to buy in resale. I usually visit WDW twice yearly.

Best wishes on your school project
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
So as Ottawamom says there are companies out there. The one she is refering to does generic plans. But Disney has this service already as a premium. You can hire someone that gets you all the fastpasses and the such. But it is not cheap at all. There are sites that look at booking your dinners. I have not seen any for holding fastpass yet.
And there was an up roar last year that some people with disabilities exemptions were selling themselves as tour people to get around crowds. Disney quickly changed their policy on this.

Hi
Just my 2 cents here.
I think knowing and researching the product is very important--also know your competition.
People want extras not just what they can do through MDE (My Disney Experience app).
You are not quite clear what you are planning to offer the customer for your planning services.
A full concierge service would include things like,,,,,,,
:Maps, spreadsheets, daily itineraries
:Must see/Must do
:tours,swim dolphins,backstage tours,behind the seeds,afternoon tea ....... etc
: Park activities: Agent P, Sorcerers Of The MK, B.B.B. etc.
:babysitting services,location hours fees
:character meet and greets,
:character meals,
:extra resort activities-sports,spas,movies under the stars,marshmallow roast
:Gyms-facility amenities-locations-hours
:Evening Dessert Parties
:Festive Parties MNSSHP MVMCP tickets
:Seasonal Festivals,,Epcot F&G Epcot Food & Wine
:In room celebrations
:Specialty cakes
: Transportation options,Taxi,Uber, Town car, Car rental
:What availability to the customer are you offering--ei: 24 hour support?

I am going to rate myself as moderate to experienced planner who is learning more every day.
I have stayed in -Value to Deluxe, currently stay at Deluxe through DVC.
I researched DVC for two years along with a visit to Walt Disney World to view all the DVC properties before making a decision to buy in resale. I usually visit WDW twice yearly.

Best wishes on your school project
Hugs Mel

Great points to think about! Thank you. I will clarify the details on my offerings. You mentioned several I had not thought about. Luckily we get marked more on following the steps of a business plan and not having to actually launch anything! hahaha.

I am the planner type of person. When I was a newbie Disney tripper, I tried to read up on and plan what I could based on what I read. When planning my first trip, I thought that this would be the first and last for a while because of cost. My husband and I are by no means lower income, but we are not in the topmost income brackets either. I'd like to say we are comfortable in the middle to upper income bracket.

If you were to offer this service to me free of charge as part of booking category, I definitely would have used it. However, if you told me I had to pay for someone to book my fast passes, restaurant reservations, etc, I would balk. As a newbie, I thought I could do these myself, and I did. Others may not have had time same luxury of time or desire to do it. But for myself and my family, I loved and still love reading up on and planning those portions of our trip. I do not speak for the rest of the travelers you may encounter.

Out of curiosity, what course are you taking and where? I myself did a similar course last term and I too am trying to finish my degree. Curious if you were doing the same program I am doing.

Our family would not be interested in such a service - we think the planning and research is a great part of the fun. But, I do know many that would prefer to say I want to eat and places like this and do activities like this. I think the marketing of the service is going to be crucial. Good luck. I am also working on my last class to finish my EDs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!