Help with points on contract and when to book.

amyholland

Earning My Ears
We are looking into buying DVC and using the points August next year. I am just struggling to get my head round how you can use and book with the points so hoping someone can help please?
We are looking at a couple of contracts at SSR with 150-160 points available starting June 2021 with no points available for 2020. If we were to buy these would we still be able to book our trip 11 months in advance so in September 2020 even though the points would not be available to us until June 2021? Also when we book the trip can we borrow 50% of the next years points?
So to summarise:
Book the trip 11 months in advance in Sept 2020 to go August 2021.
Use 150 from June 2021 use year
Borrow 75 points from June 2022 use year to give a total 225 points to use.
Is it possible to do all that 11 months in advance?
Thank you for reading 😊

You need the points to be available IN THE SAME USE YEAR WHERE YOUR RESERVATION WILL TAKE PLACE.

Using August 2020 points, would allow you to book a reservation for anytime between Aug 1st, 2020, and July 31st, 2021.

Starting at 11 months out, you will also be able to use the 2021 points to book for anytime between Aug 1 2021 and July 31st 2022.

Last edited:

Every UY always had the same 11 month and 7 month windows that you can do the booking. What you need is to just have the points available for the dates you want to stay. So for an Aug 2021 stay and June UY the stay is in the June 2021 UY - the current points. Then if you needed to you could also borrow 2022 points or if the contract had 2020 points you could bank them to use for August 2021 stay.

The main things to remember:
-You always can book your home resort 11 months in advance and non-home resorts 7 months in advance.
-For the stay you just have to have points that are eligible for the dates of the stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter