Help with paint colors please!

Which color combination do you like best?

• yellow and white

• green and yellow

• blue and yellow

• red and yellow

Results are only viewable after voting.

TravelinGal

DIS Veteran
OK gang - opinions please... Which color combination do you like best (and why)?

(first image is just the lower part painted - the upper part is the white that is everywhere in the house - the other 3 photos have both upper and lower areas painted with the trim/floorboard still white)

Man, do I LOVE the versatility of Photoshop! 'paint without actually painting!

4roomssm.jpg

ETA a image of the border since you can't see it in the photos - the colors were taken from the border.

Fd91161.jpg

I haven't decided if I'm going to order poster size prints or just keep the 8.5x11 images I printed (that you see on the wall).

Oh - the room is a combination play room/computer room.

I really liked the yellow/green the best - but the yellow/blue's a close second. I don't like the white/yellow as well - doesn't make as much as an impact and it's not as warming as the colors.

Looks great! Love the artwork/border and your color choices work great.

I love the yellow and green. I love how the green grounds the yellow and matches the border! Great job!

I like the red and yellow followed by the blue and yellow.

from the border sample, i think the green and yellow matches best but the red and yellow with some black details would be the "Mickey-est" thought if you matched his shorts colors

I like the red with the yellow. I think it goes best with the carpet.

Personally - the one that caught my eye first was the green / yellow combo, followed by the red/yellow combo.. but ya, the white has to go! LOL

BTW -- how creative to do the photoshop paint!! Never thought about that! How did you get the colors the exact colors of the paint ? Did you scan in the paint chips?

And, my opinion on the prints - i would DEFINATELY go with poster prints, or mabye like a 11x14 print (i got mine at snapfish for like 6.99 each, MUCH cheaper than the poster prints) and then double mat it or something in a large frame to make the print APPEAR larger.

Great ideas though!!

BTW -- how creative to do the photoshop paint!! Never thought about that! How did you get the colors the exact colors of the paint ? Did you scan in the paint chips?

Nope - In photoshop I simply used the dropper tool to capture the color.
At the paint store (well, Home Depot) they scan the actual image and can match the color too.

I got the yellow paint and have the top of the walls done already. It already looks better!

Between this post and 2 other places I asked the green/yellow has a strong lead - second is red/yellow.

Catismama - thanks for the opinion on picture size. I can get vintage Mickey posters from allposters.com for $4.99 each (linked through Amazon.com - showing up as $19.99 each if I go there direct - CRAZY!)

Thanks for the opinions folks. Green did end up being the overwhelming winner (from here and 2 other boards)

Here's a shot of the room - I took them to show how I put my desk in the closet.

roon.jpg

I need to figure out where i'm going to hang the really heavy Mickey Mirror I bought (the round one on Disneyshopping.com) and then once that has a final home I'll finish hanging pictures on the walls.

I was going to order those inexpensive posters I mentioned, but then I looked at how expensive it was to get a poster size frame. YIKES!!! Pretty much killed that idea (unless someone knows where to get cheap poster frames for a 27x39 poster - $25 per frame is too much for me right now).

It looks great! Are you going to do my office space too? :thumbsup2 I don't remember if you said, but where did you get the border? I love it!

Every now and again, ACMoore has their poster frames on sale for $10, almost any size. I'd have to go look at the ad to see if they are on sale now. That is how I get my frames.

LOL - I still have my bathroom to do next. Sorry. ;)

I got the border from www.wallpaper247.com. Select border from their search program and enter Mickey in the text box (not Mickey Mouse). The one I got comes in color and b/w. There's even an actuall wallpaper with the same design, but it's pretty darn busy! (and I don't think wallpaper247 carries it). This store had the best price from my internet searches.

What's ACMoore? I don't think we have those in Denver. Hobby Lobby/Michaels both say they only have smaller poster frames - but they'd be more than glad to cut the poster down to fit. :scared1:

Robin -- Again, i would have to say to go with printing an 11x14 photo, then buying a mat and frame - walmart even sells them for that size inexpensive. I think i got my mats for like 3.00 and my frame (16x20) for like $12 at WM, then i am going to spray paint the frame to match my room.. (its just plain wood right now). But, that way would be a heck of a lot cheaper than having posters printed and framed! And i love the look of mats.. they just make the photo stand out so much more.
Keep us posted!!

Here are pics of the finished room - I accidentally deleted the other images from photobucket, I guess...

DSCN0305.jpg

DSCN0307.jpg

DSCN0309.jpg

DSCN0312.jpg

DSCN0313.jpg

DSCN0318.jpg

DSCN0316.jpg

Where'd you get the cool lamp? Love it!

Thanks! I made it! The lamp I had uses a standard light bulb (not one of the super hot hallogen bulbs) and I put clear acrylic Mickey stickers inside the frosted light shade. (they are a scrapbook item if you want to search for them)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter