Help with July Trip

sk8jdgca

DIS Veteran
Would love everyone's input. We will be traveling to California around July 26th and have a week. We have to pick up my DD at Cal State Long a Beach. We do want to visit DL. I have a reservation for the week at Hilton Anaheim. We also want to do universal and perhaps San Diagonal Zoo. I will probably have to rent a car.
Is Anaheim a ok base place to stay.
Should we stay in long beach
I was thinking of doing disney land last and getting rid of the car rental early

what other things should we not miss
I am ok with driving but it does stress me out

Thanks

Anaheim would be a good base. Long Beach isn't bad either but it really depends on where you stay. There are a couple of different hotels in Huntington Beach that are right on PCH that could create a whole different opportunity for you. If you are renting a car anyway, it wouldn't add much time to your drive for Long Beach State, Disney, San Diego or Universal. Anaheim is closer and less drive time.

Keep in mind though that San Diego is a few hours away. I would skip it this trip if you are doing g DL and Universal.

Neat that DD is at Long Beach State. My alma mater and my DD is there now too.

Thanks for the speedy reply. DD had a dance intensive at Cal state. I've been trying to read everything I can find about Southern Cal. Would love any hints about what to do, where to go. Huntington Beach looks good

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter