Help with itinerary

JENR

Disney Addict
We will be leaving for Disneyland on April 29th. We will be there Sunday through Friday. We are staying at GCH. It will be all adults and my 14 year old son (who really doesn't care much for parks). We have season passes to disneyworld and go quite often. Anyway, what would you suggest for how many days of park tickets, hoppers or not? and what would be a good ride itinerary (like what rides to do in what order). We plan to get max pass for at least 2 days. Not sure if we should just do 2 day tickets or 3 days and then for 4 days its only $100 more for 4 of us. We wouldn't be interested in a lot of the little kid rides. We also want to do beaches and maybe go to palm springs for a day. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

I found two days with MaxPass to be quite sufficeint. MaxPass helps a lot! I would say though if you are very interested in all the shows, that could be an issue, especially Frozen which I was unable to fit in. I did do the fireworks and the late Fantasmic! one night, with a F! dining package, so that helped. Honestly though, especially if you are skipping a lot of the non-thrill rides, you should be able to pretty well.

With Maxpass I would start making FPs right away, even though they aren't needed for the first hour or so. Just set one up for 9:30, go knock out something early, possibly something without FastPass (like POTC), then at 9:30 scan in. As soon as you do, you can make a new FP. The most popular FP rides are in my estimation. Radiator Springs, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Space Mountain. These are the ones that will run out first. If you are hopping, you can treat the place like one big park, and bounce back and forth.

One thing I'd recommend that your son might like is the Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire at Downtown Disney. It's a VR type thing and it's really cool. You could hit that on a non-park day, but do make reservations.

Have fun!

This thread has lots of helpful information: A DLR Guide for WDW Vets. To get the most out of MP, I would recommend getting park hoppers. The parks are so close together (about the length of a football field apart) that it is really easy to go back and forth between them. You can get FPs for one park while still in the other park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts